Message For Gary Madine

I wasn't criticising them mate - I was just saying 4-4-2 with Madine up front looks loads better and more productive

Helan and Lee are fine - I was meaning more the 4-4-2 

Stop taking pictures and look at the game when we were 442ish early they fooked us over in midfield Brian Stock a quality player anyway had seemingly hours on the ball to orchestrate things .

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Lawrie Madden" data-cid="4229457" data-time="1357082212"><p>

Stop taking pictures and look at the game when we were 442ish early they fooked us over in midfield Brian Stock a quality player anyway had seemingly hours on the ball to orchestrate things .</p></blockquote>

He was orchestrating very little though, apart from passing it between defenders.

If the two strikers had worked harder in closing these players then maybe we would have seen more long punts from Burnley and we would have been to get the ball more often.

The answer to solving the problems was not to go 4-5-1 like we did at the end of the first half, but to get the two lads pressing the defenders when in possession and get the whole team at least 10 yards further up field.

I was hoping that getting through to HT at 0-0 thn this would have happened. But it didn't.

We came out playing about 4 different formations in the first 10 minutes, playing left backs on the right wing, fullbacks in the central midfield etc.

A total unorganised shambles. Tactically Dave Jones got it wrong today. Got it wrong big style.

Guest Ripley Owl

My honest opinion is that we were that crap against Burnley,

Madine wouldn't have made a difference.

After that performance I am left feeling utterly bewildered and empty.

Gutted !

Guest Deleted member

Madine didnt have the best game at Huddersfield - but if Antonio had crossed the ball properly and not smashed it at a zillion miles an hour across the goal - he would have scored when he was sliding in

That wasnt Madines fault at all.

Im convinced he will score goals if given a run in the team, regardless of who plays alongside him.

Antonio is an awful choice up front, spends most of his time in midfield and looks lost.  It looks like hes there to accomodate him in the side with Lee and Helan doing ok on the wings. 

Those  saying 4-4-2 doesnt work - its not been bad for the last few games has it? 4-5-1 is crap - it means we just lump the ball up front and lose it most of the time which means we need 5 in midfield to slow down the counters.

And its very VERY bloody boring

Madine didnt have the best game at Huddersfield - but if Antonio had crossed the ball properly and not smashed it at a zillion miles an hour across the goal - he would have scored when he was sliding in

That wasnt Madines fault at all.

Im convinced he will score goals if given a run in the team, regardless of who plays alongside him.

Antonio is an awful choice up front, spends most of his time in midfield and looks lost.  It looks like hes there to accomodate him in the side with Lee and Helan doing ok on the wings. 

Those  saying 4-4-2 doesnt work - its not been bad for the last few games has it? 4-5-1 is crap - it means we just lump the ball up front and lose it most of the time which means we need 5 in midfield to slow down the counters.

And its very VERY bloody boring

Agree with all this.

But fans don't want to criticise Antonio.

If only Madine plays well then keeps his shirt the following week.

Oh wait... He did play well against Charlton... Oh wait... He didn't play the next game.

The handling of both O'Grady & Madine this season has been a flipping joke. Bothroyd before and now Sidibe are getting games ahead of these two and I just don't get it.

Oh yes, he was dropped for a striker who won us the game with pretty much our only chance

Comments on here are laughable. Madine knows himself he needs to be stronger, it's entirely up to him to do it.

Saying that, I still don't believe Sidibe is good enough. Hopefully we can sort all this out now it's transfer window time and get some real quality in

Guest intercity0wl
Hand a transfer request in Son.

Sidibe & O'Grady in front of Madine? Really Dave?

flipping rubbish.

I agree he is.

Guest Bedders

Madine did very well against Charlton & IMPO one of the best games he's had for ages. Didn't go to ground & put a shift in.

Went to Bolton expecting him to start & Big Mama started & scored (so seems to justify the decision)

Didn't go to Huddersfield but by all accounts Madine was back to 'his fall down all the time' tricks!!! 

Madine does seem to divide opinion like no other player i've known!!!! 

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Grandad" data-cid="4229725" data-time="1357113967"><p>

Madine didnt have the best game at Huddersfield - but if Antonio had crossed the ball properly and not smashed it at a zillion miles an hour across the goal - he would have scored when he was sliding in<br />

<br />

That wasnt Madines fault at all.<br />

<br />

Im convinced he will score goals if given a run in the team, regardless of who plays alongside him.<br />

<br />

Antonio is an awful choice up front, spends most of his time in midfield and looks lost. It looks like hes there to accomodate him in the side with Lee and Helan doing ok on the wings. <br />

<br />

Those saying 4-4-2 doesnt work - its not been bad for the last few games has it? 4-5-1 is crap - it means we just lump the ball up front and lose it most of the time which means we need 5 in midfield to slow down the counters.<br />

<br />

And its very VERY bloody boring</p></blockquote>

Agreed. 442 vs Charlton saw our most organised and hard working display of the season IMO whilst allowing for some kind of goal threat. The 451 may be good for backs to the wall away games or holding a lead but at home, the games we must win if we are to stay up, then we need to be having a go.

Edited by Bluesteel

Can understand why Sidibe started yesterday. Madine was poor at Huddersfield and Sidibe put in the best performance of any of our strikers all Christmas at Bolton.

Using that theory though, Madine should have played at Bolton.

Can understand why Sidibe started yesterday. Madine was poor at Huddersfield and Sidibe put in the best performance of any of our strikers all Christmas at Bolton.

Sidibe scored yes - but did nothing else. Absolutely nothing. 

I know he scored the winner and that's all we ask - but he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. 

A truly awful signing.