Antonio vs Referee's

Guest scarface

It has to be said the modern game for referee's is increasingly difficult, especially with the likes of Bale, Suarez, Young ect, who all fall down too theatrically. In terms of Wednesday and Antonio this has led to countless wrong decisions when Antonio has been cautioned for simulation 'unfairly', when it was clearly a foul, DJ knows it, and us as fans know this. 

The point I'm getting at is that to tighten up on diving the FA has put the pressure on referee's to come down hard on players who are theatrical. Now IMO and many others this has led to ref's deciding the outcome of tackles based on the players reputation, which unfortunately has led to Antonio developing one, and ultimately the mismanagement of football decisions widespread in the game.

Now then, the scenes of yesterday at Huddersfield has certainly dropped the FA and Referee Association in it, as Mick Russell issued two yellows to Jeremy Helan, stating after the match that the first, which was for the suspected simulation, was directed a Michail Antonio. This shows that in fact Mr Russell aimed this at Antonio for his 'reputation', getting mixed up with the similar race of the players. 

Ultimately this leads to two conclusions, was it;

-Human error (on the ref's part)

or

-Deliberate action towards a player (Antonio) based on his reputation, not the football.

It has to be said that with replays the challenge was in fact a foul and should have been a penalty, would this have been given if the ref didn't wrongfully presume the player was Antonio?

Based on previous matches and the incident highlighted on MOTD last night over the Bale's penalty shout, it shows that again the wrong decision was reached due to reputation.

Along with the probe into yesterdays match, the issue should be raised that referee's must immediately stop judging decisions based on the reputation of the player, when it should be based solely on the football, as for teams like us these issues change games and at the end of the season may lead to adverse effects. 

I hope many of you feel the same, or have I gone off on one? 

Totally agree, I hope this tin hat gets kicked off the list, he was the joker who, against Millwall this season,failed to give two stonewall penalties, first for Rodri, then for guess who !!! he also booked Rodri and failed to give numerous fouls to Antonio when he was manhandled off the ball, totally inept performance was probably overlooked because Lierra scored the winner in the 90th minute

Totally agree, I hope this tin hat gets kicked off the list, he was the joker who, against Millwall this season,failed to give two stonewall penalties, first for Rodri, then for guess who !!! he also booked Rodri and failed to give numerous fouls to Antonio when he was manhandled off the ball, totally inept performance was probably overlooked because Lierra scored the winner in the 90th minute

good shout - i was wandering whether he had reffed us before this season

just looked on OS for report and he booked rodri, jj, madine and llera that day and 1 millwall player