mark smith

Despite his connections with us I was told many years ago that as a youngster he was a United fan, same for Zico too apparently. Nonetheless, would love to see him working with our youth, did a good job for Blunts academy.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Utah Owl" data-cid="4224495" data-time="1356893891"><p>

Despite his connections with us I was told many years ago that as a youngster he was a United fan, same for Zico too apparently. Nonetheless, would love to see him working with our youth, did a good job for Blunts academy.</p></blockquote>

I spoke to mel a couple of times last season, over a few beers, rather than ' on duty'. One thing that he really made clear to me was how much he despised that lot. Mel will always be a legend in my eyes (well all of us to be honest ) but I loved how much he hated them

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Utah Owl" data-cid="4224495" data-time="1356893891"><p>

Despite his connections with us I was told many years ago that as a youngster he was a United fan, same for Zico too apparently. Nonetheless, would love to see him working with our youth, did a good job for Blunts academy.</p></blockquote>

I spoke to mel a couple of times last season, over a few beers, rather than ' on duty'. One thing that he really made clear to me was how much he despised that lot. Mel will always be a legend in my eyes (well all of us to be honest ) but I loved how much he hated them

Can't tell you how glad I am to hear that! He was my biggest hero from the 80's

That's just blasphemy. The zico bit obviously as quotes are messed up. What a crazy thing to say.

Mel is a big a wednesdayite as you will find went all way through school with him and lived on manor at same time i used to pick mels dad up sometimes and take him to games when he first broke in to team under big jack.

Imagine how good school team were sterland,shutt,williamson and trevor jones who were at that time the best out of the four. 

Some of the stuff you people put on here beggars belief, just because he talks a good game don't mean he can put it into practice.No wonder the pro's laugh at Fan's Forum's with Plant Pot's like you.

Shows what you know and there was no need for the insult. He's coached at many levels and has vast experience at academy level mainly with the Pigs. But hey that was just a job take it from me Mark's Wednesday through and through.

Despite his connections with us I was told many years ago that as a youngster he was a United fan, same for Zico too apparently. Nonetheless, would love to see him working with our youth, did a good job for Blunts academy.

sorry Utah but many years ago I was told there was a father christmas and a tooth fairy, both of which, like your info turned out to be gollocks,

both are lifelong owls just like us.

Some of the stuff you people put on here beggars belief, just because he talks a good game don't mean he can put it into practice.No wonder the pro's laugh at Fan's Forum's with Plant Pot's like you.

Mark Smith was a fine player for us, in 3 different divisions.  He is also an experienced coach.

If he talks a good game, that's a point in his favour. No point having a coach who no-one understands.

Just cos he's ex-Wednesday doesn't mean he's right for our current set-up, but I've heard dafter ideas.

Guest zico sterland

Zico Sterland a pig best joke ive heard in 30 years, that man bleeds blue and white.From the manor as a lad till the present day Mel has always been an Owl.Even when he scored for Leeds against our curly tailed friends he was on tv saying how he just loved scoring against them.

Edited by zico sterland