DJ on talk sport now!

Can't you have one without the other?

My question is what do people consider to be the most important though.

I'm trying to put the context of some poster's interest in how Jones comes across in interviews with their wider views on how important the manager's relationships with those at the club are.

For example, I get the impression that DJ gets on very well with MM, and I think that's very important.

I also think DJ has the respect of the players. I've formed this impression from lots of little things over the last 9 months, but perhaps more persuasively is that I don't get the impression from performances that, as often happens with struggling sides, the players have stopped playing for the manager. We'd been failing in a very different way to that.

Personally, I don't find it to be that important that he delivers such great performances in interviews. It's not like he never compliments the fans. In fact, he does so in at least every other interview. His use of 'you' rather than 'we' is made far, far too much of. In any case, it's quite possible that he hadn't used 'we' because he doesn't presume to pass himself off as one of us. Perhaps he respected our intelligence enough to think we wouldn't be taken in by a guy with a scouse accent 'we'ing his way through interviews. He probably didn't realize how sensitive some of our fans actually are though.

Guest Big Guns

Stayed at the Cala D'Or a few years back

It's nice but wanted to stay at the bottom this time ,two minit walk to the beach and main centre all flat ,taxi rank bang out side to go to the europa centre at the top...

My question is what do people consider to be the most important though.

I'm trying to put the context of some poster's interest in how Jones comes across in interviews with their wider views on how important the manager's relationships with those at the club are.

For example, I get the impression that DJ gets on very well with MM, and I think that's very important.

I also think DJ has the respect of the players. I've formed this impression from lots of little things over the last 9 months, but perhaps more persuasively is that I don't get the impression from performances that, as often happens with struggling sides, the players have stopped playing for the manager. We'd been failing in a very different way to that.

Personally, I don't find it to be that important that he delivers such great performances in interviews. It's not like he never compliments the fans. In fact, he does so in at least every other interview. His use of 'you' rather than 'we' is made far, far too much of. In any case, it's quite possible that he hadn't used 'we' because he doesn't presume to pass himself off as one of us. Perhaps he respected our intelligence enough to think we wouldn't be taken in by a guy with a scouse accent 'we'ing his way through interviews. He probably didn't realize how sensitive some of our fans actually are though.

Couldn't give a monkey's about the you/we bit. I didn't care for his predecessor's patronising sucking up to fans via the media either but others saw it differently

Manager/player relationship is paramount. We don't really know how this has been though. My gut feeling is that a lot of things have changed for the better lately.

Not much more to say really. It's been done to death.