Sign in to follow this  
Barmowl

DJ on talk sport now!

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

Elaborate?

The pressure is clearly getting to Jones if he's developed a stammer Neil...

Surprised Stuart Gray hasn't stood in for this one TBH.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Nice now he's we'ing and not them, they or you'ing... this helps.

The builder \ learning curve stuff starts to sound like excuses after a while. Needs a new line in messages...

"we are now developing and have learnt the basics of this league, we will now go from strength to strength in my opinion" more positive but says similar things...

Dave get a new PR man....

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

People read too much into his 'they, them, you comments, it's just how the bloke comes across.

Stuart Gray is coaching him on interviews now.

Is he talking in a higher pitch?

People read too much into his 'they, them, you comments, it's just how the bloke comes across.

I disagree fella. By using language such as "they"- he's not counting himself as part of the team, and surely that's going to have an effect?

It gets the back of many supporters up, for sure!

Guest Johnbloodaxe

You would have thought that given MM's genius for PR ( he is the guvnor of PR) he would have given DJ a bit of coaching ...

We have a chairman who oozes the right words and a manager that struggles with them... which is usually the other way round,

we are very special..

I disagree fella. By using language such as "they"- he's not counting himself as part of the team, and surely that's going to have an effect?

It gets the back of many supporters up, for sure!

On who though? The squad? I doubt that greatly.

Guest Ripley Owl

Doesn't really matter, instead of taking the pee out of him,

why don't we just wish him luck for tomorrow.

UP THE OWLS !

Guest Nilsson_is_God

Would you all be dissing his interview techniques if we were top 6 in the table...

On who though? The squad? I doubt that greatly.

Not quite sure how it affects the team tbh. You could say DJ's and GM's approach in this area are polar opposites. Nobody could question GM's dedication to the owls.

Plus- I can't think of any other manager that distances himself from the team in the way that DJ does. That said, his results at the end of last season certainly when affected were they?

Anyway, back on topic.... anything interesting come out on the radio interview?

Would you all be dissing his interview techniques if we were top 6 in the table...

I think we all know the answer to that.

Not quite sure how it affects the team tbh. You could say DJ's and GM's approach in this area are polar opposites. Nobody could question GM's dedication to the owls.

Plus- I can't think of any other manager that distances himself from the team in the way that DJ does. That said, his results at the end of last season certainly when affected were they?

Anyway, back on topic.... anything interesting come out on the radio interview?

I think we're just talking about interviews here though. How DJ relates directly to his own players I'm pretty sure will be very different. In fact, I've heard this being said a number of times about DJ's relationship with the players generally being a good one.