For us who got shot down ........

For suggesting Jones should be given more time, i hope we all afford ourselves a little smile tonight and those who demanded he be hung, drawn and quartered immediately, maybe feel a little regret...i said at the time knee jerk reactions are not going to help us in the long run !!

Well done Dave for sticking to your guns and keeping going

Well done the players for pulling your socks up

Well done to the fans for turning up

but most of all Well done to Milan for not pulling the trigger when most Owls fans demanded it !

We're not safe by a long way but without these 9 points we would have been in a pretty dire situation and we now have a great chance to push onwards and upwards.

Up the Owls !!!!

Edited by Owl_in_Hudds

I've wanted DJ to stay all along - but WAWAW - there should be no "I told you so" among us.

We're all in it together, and if we're positive and get behind the players like we have done for the last three games, we CAN get the results.

You and beholder have been consistent.

WAWAW

This.

It's been ridiculous on here at times recently. Our run has been horrible up until late so the frustration is completely understandable, but the throw-away comments have been short-sighted to say the least.

There's a long way to go and there's still some disappointments to come but I'm confident we're going in the right direction.

Glad we've given Jones more time and as I've said (a lot) recently, just get behind them and stop picking holes in everything. The men at the top know what they are doing.

not an i told you so thread at all but more of a point that when i suggested he hadnt become a bad manager in a matter of weeks i and others were literally told to shut up cos we dont know what were on about .....well obviously we did cos Jones is now getting the results with the same team, People mention Gray but if Jones had been sacked Gray wouldn't have been here either !!.

If Jones had been fired then a new manager would have had to literally start from scratch and we would have been in no better a situation.

Were all Wednesday yep, we all want the club to win but my point was more a case of pointing out that at the time changing manager was not necessarily the best move.

Posted · Hidden by Belfast Owl 2, December 26, 2012 - Abusive post
Hidden by Belfast Owl 2, December 26, 2012 - Abusive post

Every game is one of millions of variables, which becomes a truly astronomical number over the course of a season. Yet some people seem to believe they are capable of somehow distilling all of that complexity down into a few simple soundbites and can convince themselves that only they understand what has been going on and what will happen in the future.

Some of the speculation, fantasy and abuse Jones has been subjected to has been disgraceful and laughable from idiots who haven't even got 1% of his experience and credibility in the game. But next time we have a couple of bad results, no doubt the 'experts' will be back again to insightfully offer that the manager has 'lost the plot', 'lost the dressing room' or 'doesn't have a plan B'.

To be honest. It's a bit of a coincidence that when Burton was here we were firing on all cylinders, and since he's left we've been dire until Stuart Gray came in...

In my opinion DJ is not a great coach, and needs one around to reach a teams full potential. As a manager though he's good enough for us at this moment in time.

not an i told you so thread at all but more of a point that when i suggested he hadnt become a bad manager in a matter of weeks i and others were literally told to shut up cos we dont know what were on about .....well obviously we did cos Jones is now getting the results with the same team

Nope, definitely not a 'told you so thread'.!

I was waiting for this thread, I just knew some fans couldn't just enjoy the victory.

Let's hope the 'Jones out' lobby doesn't have cause to start a 'We were right all along ' thread next week!

Mmmm... Remember those "idiots"who made life on here at least a tad uncomfortable for Irvine (and a few more besides), even though the vast majority hadn't got 1% of his coaching badges?

Were you one of them as a matter of interest?

Next time we have a "couple" of bad results?

Good to see that things may be on the up again regardless of who's right or wrong on here and for those who've been somewhat in the middle.

I suspect that a lot of the people laying into Jones have done so for most, if not all of the previous managers that were on the end of that kind of treatment from large numbers at one stage or another (and since 1988 only Ron Atkinson has avoided that fate at Wednesday). It's probably a reflection of their personality for better or worse that they are impatient and reactionary.

Irvine remains the only manager I have been so hostile to despite numerous candidates for criticism throughout that time. It was my opinion at the time that his whole approach saw us underachieve consistently badly. But I didn't resort to psychoanalysing his every word with some risible and pathetic agenda, making stuff up about whether he was deliberately trying to get sacked, suggesting the players hated him or that he should 'get fooked' etc. like Jones has had to endure. I appreciate the irony of my earlier post, but unlike many, it was a rare occurrence.

To be fair, it's pretty obvious that the improvement is down to Stuart Gray.

We've finally replaced Terry Burton with a good coach, and the results don't lie.

I've been a critic of Jones this season but it seemed clear that he has made some changes to how he goes about things too. The new face will have helped but personally doubt that that is the sole reason.

I suspect that a lot of the people laying into Jones have done so for most, if not all of the previous managers that were on the end of that kind of treatment from large numbers at one stage or another (and since 1988 only Ron Atkinson has avoided that fate at Wednesday). It's probably a reflection of their personality for better or worse that they are impatient and reactionary.

Irvine remains the only manager I have been so hostile to despite numerous candidates for criticism throughout that time. It was my opinion at the time that his whole approach saw us underachieve consistently badly. But I didn't resort to psychoanalysing his every word with some risible and pathetic agenda, making stuff up about whether he was deliberately trying to get sacked, suggesting the players hated him or that he should 'get fooked' etc. like Jones has had to endure. I appreciate the irony of my earlier post, but unlike many, it was a rare occurrence.

Apologies, negged in error.

There will always be extremes on here both for and against players and managers. As I posted earlier I believe that Jones deserved to be questioned on his own performance (not just results) this season. Before the last 3 results I had observed changes in his public demeanour. It may be that there has been a degree of soul seaching from both DJ personally and the group as a whole. There needed to be. I am just happy that there seems to be a better atmosphere as well as better results.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

To be fair, it's pretty obvious that the improvement is down to Stuart Gray.

We've finally replaced Terry Burton with a good coach, and the results don't lie.

This.... finally.