Urgent situation regarding the Darrrbarrboard....

Talking about which, we have a local Indian Restaurant open on Christmas Day. They're doing a restricted Indian menu, but also a traditional roast turkey Christmas meal. Both just fifteen quid!

I've been trying for weeks to persuade the Mrs to go here for Christmas dinner, and have a few Kingfishers, but the miserable so and so won't, so I'm going to have to cook Christmas dinner again for the family, plus her Dad and his girlfriend.

Fancied a Chicken Tikka Massala for Christmas dinner too. Anyone else have an unusual Christmas dinner. Friends of ours our Hungarian and have their traditional carp for Christmas dinner. They've asked if I could catch them one but I had to point out we don't kill our catch in this country to eat, unless its trout or salmon

Talking about which, we have a local Indian Restaurant open on Christmas Day. They're doing a restricted Indian menu, but also a traditional roast turkey Christmas meal. Both just fifteen quid!

I've been trying for weeks to persuade the Mrs to go here for Christmas dinner, and have a few Kingfishers, but the miserable so and so won't, so I'm going to have to cook Christmas dinner again for the family, plus her Dad and his girlfriend.

Fancied a Chicken Tikka Massala for Christmas dinner too. Anyone else have an unusual Christmas dinner. Friends of ours our Hungarian and have their traditional carp for Christmas dinner. They've asked if I could catch them one but I had to point out we don't kill our catch in this country to eat, unless its trout or salmon

A curry on Christmas Day!!?? Tha's bloody mental.

Friends of ours our Hungarian and have their traditional carp for Christmas dinner. They've asked if I could catch them one but I had to point out we don't kill our catch in this country to eat, unless its trout or salmon

Is that as a side dish to their roast swan with all the trimmings?

Edited by Flat Owl

Be interesting to know of Darbaar are getting any feedback on what effect their advertising is having.........I swore (literally!) on Saturday that I'll never eat there on principal but thought that was just the miserable b*st*rd in me (and the fact that its an easy thing to say when you live at the other side of Chesterfield!)

But it would seem that there's a bit of a groundswell of backlash against them.....pay to advertise and lose customers.....interesting business plan!

Be interesting to know of Darbaar are getting any feedback on what effect their advertising is having.........I swore (literally!) on Saturday that I'll never eat there on principal but thought that was just the miserable b*st*rd in me (and the fact that its an easy thing to say when you live at the other side of Chesterfield!)

But it would seem that there's a bit of a groundswell of backlash against them.....pay to advertise and lose customers.....interesting business plan!

Spot on. I'm never eating there, and I'm now determined to get them off the top spot on TripAdvisor by writing bad reviews.

Dont we?

*doh...takes pike and perch off the menu*

*oh and carp, grayling and that bream stuffed with herbs*