Two Reasons For our Improvement

We worked hard, but as I said before, we had some luck. I thought Charlton deserved at least a draw.

How do you work that one out? Not sure Kirkland even had a save to make?

OK until we got the second you just thought typical Wednesday will force a draw here..

but i thought we thoroughly deserved the 3 points

I think we edged it and did more to win, I thought we really troubled them between 10 and 45mins and could've put it to bed then. But with quick strikers the ball over the top was dangerous and I can't believe Haynes missed.

Had they scored perhaps things could've got ugly and confidence may have evaporated. But a lot of the game is based on chance and as they didnt score we will hopefully continue to build our confidence and get some wins. Bolton away will be a toughie and is take a draw right now.

At long last we getting a bit of luck

Is it due to Bothroyd planting 4 leaf clovers in both goalmouths

Is it due to Reda coming back

Is it due to 4-4-2

Narr DJ has made all the players read owlstalk oh and that bit of luck we haven't had since 1966 lol

Guest dave jones n.1

We worked hard, but as I said before, we had some luck. I thought Charlton deserved at least a draw.

Wrong

Firstly, we have an improved central midield with the older and wiser heads of Prutton and Lines back in the fold. I mentioned a few weeks ago their return would make a big difference.

Secondly, we have our talisman back.

Welcome back Reda!

3rd difference maybe Stuart Grey.

We had run basically out of ideas and just maybe a fresh pair of eyes looking at things may make a difference.

I love Reda, but he does need to engage his brain sometimes. I thought he just needed to stay with his man rather than dive in, he does this whether he has played no games or twenty.

He made 3 very clumsy early tackles resulting in a yellow card.

thought early on he may bet sent off but he then settled down and had a good game with Helen helping him out,

That combo looked good and may be worth persevering with.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

The difference for me is d.jones over the last month as realised we do not have the players to play the silky passing game he wants us to play and as reverted back to to more to the style of football which suits the biggest part of our squad.

Thought we knocked it around well yesterday. Looked more like the team and style from the back end of last season.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

It showed how much we've improved since last year

Good point. Or conversely, how much Charlton have declined. It's one or t'other, Grandad.

The main reason for the improvement is that we're having a bit of luck. Still a very average side, that will do well to finish above 4th from bottom unless we recruit better in January. No way will we score enough goals with COG and Madine upfront.

we will recruit in january...

because we have to...

the side is struggling, and needs a shot in the arm...

prutton's inclusion in the team has shown what a number of people had been calling for, an experienced battler in the m/f to tighten things up WE NEED ANOTHER, or as someone keeps saying DERRY...

up front we are dying for the lack of goals in us...

not quite sure where you (i imagine we'll be bringing them in on loan) get a proven goalscorer in on loan though...

Guest AlwaysNextYear

I bet Reda is a nightmare to coach. He's an athlete and he's clearly got ability, but as mentioned - where is his head sometimes?

Prutton's been surprisingly better this season than last season.

Not to say he wasn't good last season, his game looks more suited to this league.

i'm not totally sure that's correct...

when i saw prutton last season i thought he generally put a good shift in...

but with semedo in the side, and the 2 wide wings, we knew that lines offered something that we needed...

semedo had the job last season, and after a very faltering run prutton has won the right to play...

i only wish he was 4 years younger, but i bet he does too...