#GoalsIWentMentalAt

Guest duggyowl7

This... why did so many people react like they did to that goal? Was hilarious.

Who else watched the last 30seconds of that Prutton celebration? Was just blackness but still riveting :duntmatter:

Hirsty's 30yarder against Villa opening day in 92, what a strike that was !

This ^^^^

2 others that stand out for me are:

Waddle v United at Wembley, thought i was going to have an aneurism.

Hirst v Kaiserslautern away, i was lucky enough to be there and damn nearly blacked out. Went nearly as ballistic when the ref almost immediately gave then a penalty even though Viv tackled outside the box. Then nearly exploded when Hirst was sent off after the German dived!!!

Varney against Forest in our relegation season. The goal was coming for about 20 mins and it was madness when it went in.

I think I might have posted this before but anyway..... on the Sunday after forest game i went to get in bed and took me jeans off and our lass was insistant I went to walk-in next day cos my legs were pretty much completely black and blue from getting dragged across about 3 rows of seats when varney scored.

I've still got a hole in my shin from the seat in front when celebrating Burton O'Brien's late winner at Plymouth about 6 years ago.

Shirtliff's injury time winner at WBA in 1990 was mental, running around the flat bit at the top of the terracing.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Antonio vs Carlisle & Antonio vs Wycombe

The Carlisle goal is all a bit of a blue, I remember someone going down in the box, screaming for a penalty, then saw Antonio try that audacious effort and thought it was flying wide. Saw it hit the net and can't remember much else...apart from seeing Antonio jump into the Kop & disappearing under fans & players!

I think his goal vs Wycombe just tops it though. Can remember seeing the ball roll into the net and I just grabbed the nearest people to me, complete strangers, and jumped about with them. It was the perfect five minute period, with the goal going in and then finding out that Exeter had scored which just increased our celebrations. In fact, the celebrations regarding the Exeter goal felt like we'd scored a second! When Ranger scored I didn't go mental...it was more like sheer relief that we'd done it and can just relax and enjoy the celebrations.

Notable other goals are Crossleys vs Southampton, O'Grady's vs United at home, Whelan's vs Hartlepool & Llera's this season vs Millwall.

Antonio vs. Carlisle

That was the moment last season, the moment we all knew it was possible.

That was the match after the pigs lost Evans.

We were looking good, but JJ had made a potentially cataclysmic error at 1-0 when he went for a shot on goal instead of squaring for an unmarked Madine tap-in.

Carlisle equalised. The pigs were there for the taking, and we were flipping it up.

But the 95th minute came. It was strange, because the ground was still full. Usually people around me start to sneak off at around 87 minutes. But not today. It was almost as if we all knew.

Antonio, knackered shoulder and all, smashed the ball into the back of the net. And I went chuffing metal. Ape-shiit bananas.

I know that game alone didn't achieve anything like the Wycombe game did, or the playoff final. But it will always stick in my memory for pure drama.

Just pure gold.

Honourable mentions to Talbot in the playoff final, and Tudgay vs. the Pigs in the derby double.

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

There is only one Dink .

There truly is only one Dink, a sound I will never forget.

Throwing a less obvious one into the mix, Pruttons goal at Oldham last season. Went proper mental.

Guest Triplej2

Antonio vs. Carlisle

That was the moment last season, the moment we all knew it was possible.

That was the match after the pigs lost Evans.

We were looking good, but JJ had made a potentially cataclysmic error at 1-0 when he went for a shot on goal instead of squaring for an unmarked Madine tap-in.

Carlisle equalised. The pigs were there for the taking, and we were flipping it up.

But the 95th minute came. It was strange, because the ground was still full. Usually people around me start to sneak off at around 87 minutes. But not today. It was almost as if we all knew.

Antonio, knackered shoulder and all, smashed the ball into the back of the net. And I went chuffing metal. Ape-shiit bananas.

I know that game alone didn't achieve anything like the Wycombe game did, or the playoff final. But it will always stick in my memory for pure drama.

Just pure gold.

Honourable mentions to Talbot in the playoff final, and Tudgay vs. the Pigs in the derby double.

It was monumental. It was celebrated like Man City's Premier league winner and yet we were still so far from it actually deciding anything.

If ever there was a "Hug a stranger" moment that was it.

Somehow, we knew right then it was gonna happen, a spiritual moment!