Llera, you cannot question his commitment to the cause.

Guest intercity0wl

You sure, looked like it grazed his chin strap to me.

Llera rubbed his jaw first then kind of moved up to his eye!!

You could see the swelling on his eye straight after it.

The only criticism of him wearing a head guard, gloves and a long sleeve undershirt is when it goes wrong he looks like Coco the Clown.

It's like when players wear brightly coloured boots. If they do well no one picks up on it and they look the Dog Danglies. If they flip up and fall over their feet, ala JJ, they look like a comedy character and people will hound them for it.

Anyone remember Leon Clarke's neck scarf. That went down well...

Think he's pants and we need considerably better players at the club, that opinion wont change.

But in fairness he was genuinely sound against Barnsley, dont quite agree with MoM , that was Kirkland for me, but Lleras best defensive display this season by a country mile.

Think he's pants and we need considerably better players at the club, that opinion wont change.

But in fairness he was genuinely sound against Barnsley, dont quite agree with MoM , that was Kirkland for me, but Lleras best defensive display this season by a country mile.

who apart from Gardner at the club is better than him in his position

who is a better distributor of the ball

who is better at set plays either by delivery or end product

who has scored more goals..

you cant beat destroying players on here-

I've always liked him but you do have to question his ability at times.

Having said that I said to my mate on Saturday, he does look like he's getting used to the championship a bit more now.

The free kick where he left his position to nip back and follow Tudgay just as they were taking it then prevented a certain goal... he wouldn't have had the wherewithall to do that a while ago, so he's getting there for sure.

That was Kirkland's doing - you could hear him shouting - great goalkeeping, good reactions from Llera to get rid though.

Completely agree, but if you read the post again, I said we need better players at the club, didnt say we actually have any at the moment.

I dont dislike the bloke, he has his strengths, mainly in an attacking sense and his effort can not be questioned, my only problem with him is that he just isnt a good enough defender at this level.

I though Gardner look very iffy, especially when Harewood came on.

Guest intercity0wl

Ah well the point of the thread (his commitment) lasted a bit longer than i expected, so well done, now lets all get on with the good stuff, and what we all enjoy most, namely knocking Llera, Gardner, Tango, Dingle Birds, SYP and any F**ker else who comes to mind lol

He was very good on Saturday, looked much like the Llera of last season. He's been a liability at times but his passion for the cause is fantastic, I definitely wouldn't want him to lose any of it. I personally think he's not quite good enough for where we're wanting to go in the next few years. But I think he can do a job in keeping us up this season, I hope we bring in a younger centre half in January though!

Yeah, with his protective head guard, long sleeve underarmour and gloves, he's a tough'en all right.

Softest centre half I've seen years, how embarrasing when he went down after a flailing arm caught his head guard.

:laugh:

He'd still make mince meat of you without breaking a sweat.