Self-deprecation

I'd accept it if they draw on positive things, but they're just doing it

1. To appear different

2. They don't like the poster

3. To go against the general consensus so everyone will love them and plus them

Just my opinion anyway

You really think that? Jesus rumbleing Christ

Do you not understand how much more difficult it makes it for us to get out of this situation if the fans are so relentlessly negative, piling pressure on the team every week to get a result.

None of the people being positive think the football was brilliant yesterday. But after the run we've been on, under that much pressure, the lads fought, bit and scratched their way to 3 priceless points. They were disciplined and did exactly what DJ asked them to do, which resulted in us winning. That is what we want to see from our players.

The negative moaners are not real fans IMO, they just want to see DJ sacked to prove themselves right. All they are doing is creating an unnecessary negative atmosphere around the whole club, and with the fine lines involved in football, that could be enough to send us down again. It's pathetic.

What I'm saying is what is the point of seeing it as a positive if we won't win again for the 2334 games? because it's looking like that unless their is drastic changes in January (which I can't see)

I'd love to be able to be positive but there's nothing to hold onto, barely even celebrated yesterday's goal. There's a weird feeling atm

You know what, do us all a favour. Get to the Lane.

Do you live your life away from football like this? Do you whine relentlessly about every single thing that goes wrong in your life? When something goes right, do you shake your head and refuse to let yourself be happy, in the knowledge that something bad is sure to happen soon? Man up, man, FFS

I dont think fat girls who diet poorly are capable of self-deprecation as they dont enjoy being fat hence the diet.

I think what you are trying to criticise is people being negative for the sake of it because they like being negative.

The result yesterday was a huge positive but we cannot simply rely on the rub of the green to stay up. It was luck that we won. Luck alone is not a redeeming feature because it comes and goes.

If a gambler never lost he would be the most positive man alive. We need to make out own positives by playing better. Lets hope it comes now the confidence of 3 points has arrived.

It wasn't just luck. We were brilliant defensively. What is wrong with you people?

I was delighted with the 3 points yesterday.

I am desperate for us to stay up.

I never expected a relegation battle - and certainly nowhere near having 18 points from 22 games - and neither did MM or DJ allude to such a scenario.

I have lost faith in the manager with his poor signings and based on our league position and performances - I think he should have been booted, but it's MM's call and both will ultimately be assessed based on league position. I hope they prove my concerns to be completely unfounded.

Based on the only objective things I can lay my hands on - league position and performances, I cannot see us picking up enough points playing like we did yesterday. I don't think I'm being deliberately negative - I'm sure we all want us to do well - but it would be a leap of blind faith to ignore the evidence of half a season's worth of games so far as though they didn't happen.

How many points from the next 4 games would convince you that DJ is the right man for the job?

Tough question after his abysmal recruitment process and waste of scarce resources.

But, I'm not against redemption as I'm more interested in Wednesday doing well than any manager, player or Chairman.

So, trying to give a fair answer, I think being clear of the bottom 3 with points to spare - I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation and wasn't from the time the first ball was kicked in this league.

I don't think MM or DJ expected us to be in the bottom 3 after 22 games either.

We must have defended well because that is all we did.

They strung passes together - we did not.

They created more chances than us

They pressed us back in our half

Our goal came from a hopeful ball into the box and an unpunished foul causing an open goal.

I am as delighted as anyone we got the three points but there was NOTHING creditable about our general performance apart from the team spirit that was evident when not in possession (which was over two-thirds of the time yesterday).

Lots of posts talking about people being negative but you seem to have been drugged by the 3 points into thinking we played well objectively. We did not.

Oh and we played Barnsley btw not Barcelona before you get excited about how well we defended against a team who had the lion's share of possession, territory and chances.

I must learn to read! I read "objectively" as "defensively".

Apologies.

lol

Edited by markowl

I'm a glass half-full guy but Saturdays game just papered over the cracks.

Anyone who knows anything about football can see that.

Take the Wednesday blinkers off,place a substantial amount of cash on us being relegated and it'll lessen the pain when the inevitable happens.

Peterborough and Bristol City are poor but have potential to cause the odd shock against the top sides in the division.We don't have that ability.It is that what will see us go down.

I'm a glass half-full guy but Saturdays game just papered over the cracks.

Anyone who knows anything about football can see that.

Take the Wednesday blinkers off,place a substantial amount of cash on us being relegated and it'll lessen the pain when the inevitable happens.

Peterborough and Bristol City are poor but have potential to cause the odd shock against the top sides in the division.We don't have that ability.It is that what will see us go down.

Dear me.

Let's all give up. It isn't fair.

It's not a case of it not 'being fair'.It's my opinion that if we keep this same squad that we'll go down.That ok with you?

Whats your opinion?what qualities do we have which you think will keep us up?

But it's one thing to say you think we'll go down based on rational belief, and another to say that we may as well bet on us to go down because it's inevitable that we're going down. That's what winds up - the lack of fight and fans throwing their hands in the air as if it's over already. We're on the same points as Bristol City and Barnsley and there's a helluva long way to go - how are we anywhere near being relegated? There's a transfer window right around the corner. Anything can happen.

BELIEVE.

But it's one thing to say you think we'll go down based on rational belief, and another to say that we may as well bet on us to go down because it's inevitable that we're going down. That's what winds up - the lack of fight and fans throwing their hands in the air as if it's over already. We're on the same points as Bristol City and Barnsley and there's a helluva long way to go - how are we anywhere near being relegated? There's a transfer window right around the corner. Anything can happen.

BELIEVE.

Milan won't spend much in the loan window.Even if he was willing to throw money at it,which players would realistically come to us which would improve us as a team? It's not like we are looking strong in most areas but just need a certain type of player in a certain position to complete the jig saw ie Antonio last season.

This season the summer recruitment has killed us.We would need to bring in several good championship players to survive,but where are we going to get them from? The squad is too weak and lacks the quality of other teams in this division.

Just reading the Ipswich team sheet you could see that they had the quality, but it was clear that they did not have the motivation and discipline was seriously lacking by all accounts.Mick McCarthy cones in with his no-nonsense approach, and suddenly the results pick up. The difference being that McCarthy had the squad at his disposal. Jones hasnt got the same quality at his disposal.

It's not defeatism,it's being rational and taking the blinkers off.

Nothing would hurt more than us to get relegated after the elation of last season but I seriously cannot see us avoiding it.

Guest Distraught!

There's another element at work though, especially this season as compared with all previous seasons in the last fifteen years. There are many people that are doubly frustrated because of the Owls v. Pigs thing. Last season, for flip knows how long, we actually got the better of them over the course of a whole season. Sure, we have had reasonable success in several derby matches in recent years but they have always managed to be above us come the end of season. Last season reversed that trend. The relief and satisfaction at that was clear.

What makes this season especially bad for a relegation battle is that, if we do drop back into League One, they will likely be promoted. Everybody knows what will follow. The p1ss taking from them will be worse than ever.

For some on this forum, it's a fate they can't bear to think about.