Self-deprecation

What I'm saying is what is the point of seeing it as a positive if we won't win again for the 2334 games? because it's looking like that unless their is drastic changes in January (which I can't see)

I'd love to be able to be positive but there's nothing to hold onto, barely even celebrated yesterday's goal. There's a weird feeling atm

Yet you're on here all the time moaning?

Seems a bit odd, if you're not bothered why the millions of negative posts?

we won't win if we play like we have for the past few months, we will lose each game

Definite WUM

Guest tha_knows

But like I said, everyone should be free to express their views. There's nothing wrong saying we didn't play well yesterday - we didn't. It's the ones who just say, 'well we won, but we were crap and are still going down' in that typical submissive 'boo-hoo' manner that winds me up. It works the other way as well. Yesterday's win doesn't suddenly mean we're destined for the playoffs either as you noted.

I get what your saying mate, it does appear all doom and gloom, all I hope is that prehaps the result will have restored some confidence within the squad, i know players keep coming out saying the dressing room is still upbeat etc, but lets be honest I'm sure they've been slightly worried about how the season panned out so far. I just think we need to be patient now for Jan now and see what happens, it appears DJ will still be here so lets see if he can identify the problems himself and sort them, ideally we need a central midfielder to break up play ( i suggested Wilson Palacios from Stoke on loan) a winger, somebody like Keith Treacey and another striker

Well if the players have to be concerned, and they know what the overall plan is, then perhaps it's understandable that the fans, who do not, are in panic mode. Personally, though I'm concerned, I'm trying to keep things in perspective and see no reason for demanding a change of manager.

I go to games and I give the team my unequivocal backing for 90 minutes. However this is a forum for expressing opinions. I will give my opinion and will say it as I see it wether that is positive or negative, going with the flow or against the flow.

I go to games and I give the team my unequivocal backing for 90 minutes. However this is a forum for expressing opinions. I will give my opinion and will say it as I see it wether that is positive or negative, going with the flow or against the flow.

Godsake.. Again - where did I say you can't express a negative viewpoint? That wasn't the point of the post AT ALL.

based on what though, what have you seen from this team (on-field) in the past couple of months which is positive? getting steamrolled most weeks? People are just lying to themselves. Hopefully they might wake up when we are relegated

So you're basically saying that anyone not agreeing with you at the moment has a fake opinion? lol

Too many people gravitate towards one extreme: either incredibly negative or positively blinkered.

The truth more often than not lies somewhere in the middle.

Bingo. Cracking OP too.

I was delighted with the 3 points yesterday.

I am desperate for us to stay up.

I never expected a relegation battle - and certainly nowhere near having 18 points from 22 games - and neither did MM or DJ allude to such a scenario.

I have lost faith in the manager with his poor signings and based on our league position and performances - I think he should have been booted, but it's MM's call and both will ultimately be assessed based on league position. I hope they prove my concerns to be completely unfounded.

Based on the only objective things I can lay my hands on - league position and performances, I cannot see us picking up enough points playing like we did yesterday. I don't think I'm being deliberately negative - I'm sure we all want us to do well - but it would be a leap of blind faith to ignore the evidence of half a season's worth of games so far as though they didn't happen.