Absolutely fantastic

Soz, must be because I'm reading such nonsense.

Example;

In 2004/05 we started the season awful and ended the season awful but everyone remembers the year for promotion.

Let's not have a go at a dog for barking eh?

What on earth are you waffling about?

What's the 2004/05 season got to do with anything?

You show me one single post where someone is revelling in us being in a relegation place?

Arsenal won titles playing this kind of football, different era but the point remains.

But it's tough trying to talk logic to someone who appears to be revelling in our position.

You are seriously comparing the football we played tonight, and indeed this season, to Arsenal when they won titles?!

flipping spiders!

And I'm revelling in our position?

I've followed the club all my life and been a member of this forum for several years. To suggest I'm revelling in the fact my team is useless and 2nd bottom is absolutely ridiculous.

But, coming from a guy who changed his username and posting style because he talked so much boll0cks under Wiseowl1979(?), means ill take your comments with a MASSIVE pinch of salt.

One of the worst Wednesday performances I have seen for a long time. We were absolutely appalling in the 2nd half - pinned in our own half by a poor team. Great to win one but we will take very few points the rest of the season playing this garbage.

We are not good enough to play the long ball and clearly not good enough to play proper football on the floor. The coaching has to be to blame.

We were awful and lucky. But I will take it.

This. 100%. This result muddies the waters horribly imo. But I guess I will now be accused of a Jones out campaign. In today's game imo we saw 2 stitched on candidates for relegation.

Guest alwaysaowl

We weren't. We did exactly what we needed to do. Trying to pass it around and play football in that game would have been the wrong tactics. We kept it simple, booted the ball out when we needed to, and made it difficult for Barnsley. Completely spot on tactics, and fantastic defensive performance

say no to drugs

Great battling performance there's no problem with team spirit. Second half proved that we've got the spirit to get oursves out of this.

As has already been pointed out, we were crap and we were lucky. But we battled hard. Any credibility that Jones has 'lost the dressing room' (God, I hate that cliche) was well and truly buried.

Lets be right, no Wednesday fan is revelling in the position we find ourselves in, but lets not get carried away with ourselves, we are going down

unlesss we bring in some new blood.

This one million percent.

We were poo today,out played by the dingles.

However I'll gladly take the 3 points as were due some luck and a favour or 2 from a ref.

It's our first win in 8 so let's not get carried away but it's a start and with a miracle it might be the confidence boost we need.

Finally no team in the history of football has been promoted playing as poo as that over the course of a season.

This. 100%. This result muddies the waters horribly imo. But I guess I will now be accused of a Jones out campaign. In today's game imo we saw 2 stitched on candidates for relegation.

Muddies the waters horribly? You would have preferred us to lose then?

we need a midfield

We also need our fans (especially the OP) to stop deluding themselves. We are in desperate trouble and it is going to take an almighty scrap to get out of it. Even if we should win the next two or three games we will still be in the relegation struggle. A lot of us who have watched the team for a long time have seen this so many times before and it's high time we stopped kidding ourselves.

We have a bad team and given that it was assembled by the manager that makes him 100% responsible. If he allowed others to sign players that he didn't wan't then that makes him even worse for being so spineless. Co-incidence that were able to grind out a result today with 8 of last season's players in the starting line up? Probably not.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Any neutral watching that, (that's if they could stand to watch that rubbish for 90 minutes) would think they were 2 very poor teams heading for relegation... I cant help but think the same, but its all still to play for, we must bring in 2 quality midfield players and unload the also rans.

Bach and Furious are posting some serious spaff in this thread. I genuinely feel they are doing it not because they are content with the situation, but more to get one over on others if we win, if we lose they will go into hiding

Wait, is this serious? You're accusing us of gloating over other Sheffield Wednesday fans because we won? Are you mental?!

Muddies the waters horribly? You would have preferred us to lose then?

weird one this because as a fan you want your team to win every game but i would imagine if you ask Ipswich fans that, looking back, if their loss against Derby that prompted the board to get rid of Jewell was a loss actually worth taking, how do you think they would respond?

I think that pretty much sums you up as a poster if you actually want Wednesday to lose to suit your agenda of wanting a manager sacked.

Ipswich lost against Derby, the under performing manager was gone and McCarthy appointed. IIRC they were 7 points behind us at the time. Even with the loss at Leeds yesterday they are still 5 points ahead of us now. These are the same Ipswich players that 'played' for Jewell where they amassed 7 points from 13 games. Since he went they have amassed 16 points from 9 games. 'fan' is short for 'fanatic' and fanatics generally don't deal in reality. But some do. Me, for instance.

Edited by Almat