Absolutely fantastic

we will be relegated by march if we keep playing like this

I say keep playing like 'this', but I fear this is the best of our ability

wish some people would stop being so blinkered and wake up, we just got completely outplayed by barnsley, barnsley who sit one place above us with a -15 goal difference

But we played like "this" and won?

But we played like "this" and won?

but surely you see the point he's making playing like that will see us buried by better teams - yes we'll take the 3 points and yes we can all laugh cos we got away with it but jeez we need to smarten this team up I seriously think that was midtable league 1 stuff out there -loved the fighting spirit and hope it somehow conjures confidence

but surely you see the point he's making playing like that will see us buried by better teams - yes we'll take the 3 points and yes we can all laugh cos we got away with it but jeez we need to smarten this team up I seriously think that was midtable league 1 stuff out there -loved the fighting spirit and hope it somehow conjures confidence

So if we played fantastic and lost would that temper the calls for Jones to be sacked?

Ok. I get the fear that we might play badly against a good team and get battered. Or equally we might raise our game and win. Who knows? It's not as if we're going to places like Stevenage and getting battered by 5 goals to 1.

What I don't get, is after going in a horrendous run of form, Wednesday fans insistence on picking the performance to shreds.

we will be relegated by march if we keep playing like this

I say keep playing like 'this', but I fear this is the best of our ability

wish some people would stop being so blinkered and wake up, we just got completely outplayed by barnsley, barnsley who sit one place above us with a -15 goal difference

We've tried to play football earlier in the season, and it's got us nowhere. I will take hoofball and goals from set pieces if it keeps us up.

I wonder if some people on here understand football sometimes. We had almost zero confidence going into that game. And there was a lot of pressure on the players. We could not afford to lose. Whoever got the first goal was always going to sit back and try to soak up pressure. That is what we did, magnificently.

The desire to win was fantastic, and most importantly, we kept our concentration, we didn't switch off once. For all their pressure Barnsley did not have many decent chances. That is because we were totally focused on defending our lead. Had we tried to get a second goal to kill the game, I bet we would have been more open, more likely to make mistakes, and not as focused in defence.

Brilliant job by DJ and the lads. That is how we will stay up this season. It won't be pretty, but it's our best chance.

Sometimes you need that scrappy performance to bring around a change in fortune. Most people on here want Megson back, so you got a Megsonesque performance tonight, with the difference the opposition usually equalised under his reign. No it won't be good enough to stay up unless we can be one better than Barnsley, Peterboro and Bristol City - the one redeeming feature of this season is that despite being poor we are still not cast adrift

really? i thought Tudgay and Harewood posed more of a threat.

Tudgay was good and dropped into the hole well, more of an attacking mid which would be what we need too.

Davies lead the line quite well though and has a vicious strike. He seems to shift the ball out of his feet in close quarters and get the shot away, making his own chances which would suit us to a tee. It didnt work today thankfully but I think he's a good player.

So if we played fantastic and lost would that temper the calls for Jones to be sacked?

Ok. I get the fear that we might play badly against a good team and get battered. Or equally we might raise our game and win. Who knows? It's not as if we're going to places like Stevenage and getting battered by 5 goals to 1.

What I don't get, is after going in a horrendous run of form, Wednesday fans insistence on picking the performance to shreds.

at the end of the day today's result was all that matters -correct and we will take another 20 of em but it isn't going to happen playing like that because half of that win was down to them being sh*te too a bit a bit better than us

thought perkins changed the game for them we need that type of energy in midfield

We've tried to play football earlier in the season, and it's got us nowhere. I will take hoofball and goals from set pieces if it keeps us up.

I wonder if some people on here understand football sometimes. We had almost zero confidence going into that game. And there was a lot of pressure on the players. We could not afford to lose. Whoever got the first goal was always going to sit back and try to soak up pressure. That is what we did, magnificently.

The desire to win was fantastic, and most importantly, we kept our concentration, we didn't switch off once. For all their pressure Barnsley did not have many decent chances. That is because we were totally focused on defending our lead. Had we tried to get a second goal to kill the game, I bet we would have been more open, more likely to make mistakes, and not as focused in defence.

Brilliant job by DJ and the lads. That is how we will stay up this season. It won't be pretty, but it's our best chance.

AMEN!!!

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

Couldn't care less about possession stats, shots on goal, or any match facts that are meaningless without context. 3 points was vital today after last week's debacle against Bristol, don't care how we got them.

But after 22 league games, it's obvious to most fans that the squad needs significant quality added to it in January, possibly a change of manager too. Maybe both or we look likely to head straight back to League One.

Brilliant defensive display to grind out an incredibly important result. Jones will stay now, as he should. It's time for everyone to get behind him and let's get out of this mess together

No it isn't!! There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Jones should stay. We got away with 3 points today, but that's only relevant in that it gives the new manager a better chance of keeping us up.

Yes, we ground out a result against a poor team who outplayed us for long periods of the game.. Credit to the lads for that .... but both teams were an embarrassment to the Championship.

Jones has to go before it is too late... If its not too late already.

And a strike force

I think if Madine, COG, Bothroyd and co were working with more than scraps they would do ok.

We need a midfield.

Back four look solid and have for quite a few games now. A decent midfield, more possession in the opponents half and we'll look a decent team.

Guest Wiltshire owl

First match ive managed to see this season but we were poo ! Let's be absolutely honest about it! 3pts is 3pts and i'll take that at the moment but really, we're gonna struggle to stay up with performances like that.

We were playing Barnsley ffs!!!

Same last week against Bristol when most on here were 'blaming' bad refereeing decision costing us ONE point and in all reality it was our own fault.

Llera today (on telly) spent most of his time with arms in air questioning ref's calls?!!!

Good defensive performance but lets be honest, we were terrible in every other department today. To stay up over the course of the season we'll need to perform better, however we have done this season and come away with nothing. Big win against a relegation rival though.

3 points is great. Much needed.

But seriously, if we play like that next week we'll lose. If we continue to play our next 20 games like the last 20 games we'll come out with same sort of results.

We need to improve massively on what we've churned out over the past few months or we will go down.

I'm now about as positive of staying up with DJ in charge as I was before the game tonight....