Outplayed by Barnsley

Great 3 points but hoof, hoof and hope was the sum total of our tactics.

I guess ultimately no one will remember the performance - but it's a shock if that is all we have to offer.

Yes, first goal was key again. If they had equalised I'm not sure we could've stepped up again. Our central mids were very deep so we hoof it and the strikers had no one to flick to. Both strikers are too similar, I'd like to see a smaller nippy striker making some unpredictable run in and around the bigger one.

Such one dimensional thinking we will never know if we would have attacked more if we hadn't had scored but we did and then played like an away team that concedes goals left right and centre and has kept one clean sheet all season.

However let's go for it, let one in and then we can moan about conceding goals left right and centre and not trying to keep it tight.

We went from having potentially 3 points last week with 5mins to go? and ended up with **** all.

We got more points playing poo today than we did when we should have beaten Leeds.

So before looking at the big picture, which picture?

Fair point actually. I think we did need to do the basics well and we did that, but even at 0-0 the same issues were apparent going forward.

Maybe that's how we need to do it away though now? Sit deep and try and get a point or a smash and grab?

Reading,you mean monocycle. I don't think motorised vehicles will get to you for a good few years yet.

Aye, the Thames Valley is a notoriously poor area. I nipped into Henley this morning and actually saw people sleeping rough.

The unemployment figures are shocking locally.

Maybe Bono could help?

Fair point actually. I think we did need to do the basics well and we did that, but even at 0-0 the same issues were apparent going forward.

Maybe that's how we need to do it away though now? Sit deep and try and get a point or a smash and grab?

I would prefer us further up the pitch but it is understandable that a team that concedes a lot, fall back. We needed calm heads at one point but we carried on smashing it clear. At one point Prutton got to a second ball but with his experience he calmy played it wide to the fullback instead of just smashing it over his head. However Helan promptly smashed the ball onto no one.

We didn't relieve pressure well at all the midfield is sat on top of the defence but again understandable.

If we would have conceded I don't think we would have scored again. We still appear to lack the effort to put teams under pressure when defending, we are oh so willing to allow teams to comfortably get to the edge of our penalty area.

We were crap but won and if it means getting points from sh1tty perfromances like that then at this stage it will do for me.

What we do know is we cannot get along in this league on the cheap. Gardner and Kirkland might have been free but I would imagine their wages allow for their transfer fee value.

Well sheffields loss must be readings gain. Good luck to you my fellow owl. Good look with selling the big issue. Merry xmas and all the best to you and your dogs.

Same to you too.

But I am giving Christmas a miss. Moving back to Yorkshire on the 28th of this month.

Bit of a bugger getting 2 x motorcycles and the cars up there in one stretch. Hence getting them to a friends in Southampton.

I've mentioned your good wishes to the dogs - but like I said, they flipping hate Bono, but love Bonios.

No offence meant.

2nd half Barnsley had 68% posession and 11 attempts on goal.

64% of decisions

54% of fans

0% of luck and more importantly 0% of goals and when your Grandkids look up the match in History of football, in years to come, it will say....

"Barnsley 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday".

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl