The Mandaric Master Plan ?

I love the way people just pluck figures out of the air and present them as some sort of educated argument

We're gonna lose half our ST holders? Really? I mean, REALLY?

£3-4m beomes £6-7m which becomes £10m

It's the law of diminishing returns - most starkly felt in the premier but happens at all levels which is why the majority of clubs habituate a "natural" level.

Whatever else is happening i suspect MM is looking at a bigger picture - one which includes his overall outlay to date, how much he estimates he needs to spend, would be comfortable spending to stay on plan and how much the club would be worth for a future sale.

Guest Deleted member

I love the way people just pluck figures out of the air and present them as some sort of educated argument

I was just going to quote this myself. Does anyone really think that if we were relegated we would suddenly have our lowest number of season ticket holders since the 70s? We managed to pull in 11000 season ticket holders in the season we had our 2nd lowest finish ever under Dave Allen.

If this was the plan, what happened last month with the loan signing of Helan and Sidibe? Surely if MM was looking to throw some dosh at the problem he would have allowed DJ to bring in some, err, higher quality (and appropriately remunerated) loanees? Why would he wait until january when we could be in an almost irretrievable position? Sorry, don't get it.

Edited by Almat

Milan's plan was to operate on a middle to lower championship budget with a top end championship manager.

Milan likes to buy players that increase in value hence McCabe, Antonio, Corry, Maguiure, Mayor etc.

I expect Milan always planned to strengthen in January but is, no doubt, shocked at how poor we are compared to other teams. I think we need four good championship players.

If we can survive this season, the youth policy will start to reward us as Corry, Mayor and McCabe improve. I also think Madine will finish the season with a decent championship reputation.

£3-4m beomes £6-7m which becomes £10m

It's the law of diminishing returns - most starkly felt in the premier but happens at all levels which is why the majority of clubs habituate a "natural" level.

Whatever else is happening i suspect MM is looking at a bigger picture - one which includes his overall outlay to date, how much he estimates he needs to spend, would be comfortable spending to stay on plan and how much the club would be worth for a future sale.

As if the loud minority, braying 'Jones out, anybody else in' at every opportunity, even comprehend such complexities, never mind spend any time thinking about them.

:dry:

MM is a very astute business man who believed he could get away with minimum outlay to compete in this division. The gamble has failed and will be very difficult to turn it around, even though MM is making the all right noises regarding to our survival, but they always do don't they ?

I wish I had £10 for every time a manager or chairman has told the media and fans that "everything will be fine, trust us to get it right".

We just have to hope this time MM and DJ will come good, because we can shout and scream all we like on here, but it will not make any difference.

If this was the plan, what happened last month with the loan signing of Helan and Sidibe? Surely if MM was looking to throw some dosh at the problem he would have allowed DJ to bring in some, err, higher quality (and appropriately remunerated) loanees? Why would he wait until january when we could be in an almost irretrievable position? Sorry, don't get it.

We're going to be in an almost irretrievable position in 3 weeks time?

Posted · Hidden by Belfast Owl 2, December 12, 2012 - an example of this poster never debating the point and handing out high brow abuse
Hidden by Belfast Owl 2, December 12, 2012 - an example of this poster never debating the point and handing out high brow abuse

You'll have to forgive him. I sometimes wonder whether he's actually a car alarm that has somehow developed limited sentience. For long periods you'll forget he's even there, but as soon as you say the magic word (Jones) he responds with the only action his simple programming will allow - loud, attention-seeking screeching for a few minutes that can't be reasoned with.

The sibide loan is one of the most stupid and strangest signings ever

We just need time to Gell BG, we nearly have, into a bottom three club.

If results continue as they are, effectively yes. By the middle of January (I'm certain no-one believes we will get all the signings we need by any earlier?) we will have played 6 more matches** so a potential 18 more points lost. But I did say almost. lol

Barnsley A

Charlton H

Bolton A

Udders A

Burnley H

Hull A

Edited by Almat

I was just going to quote this myself. Does anyone really think that if we were relegated we would suddenly have our lowest number of season ticket holders since the 70s? We managed to pull in 11000 season ticket holders in the season we had our 2nd lowest finish ever under Dave Allen.

Agreed - we are almost down to that 18,000 core support now. I would suggest the damage is done in terms of folk who come if a] the football is good and b] we are contenders.

If it gets any worse on the pitch, I can't really see us going that much lower with the additional opposition away support in the CCC.

We had our chance to build on 24-25K+ consistently from August onwards.

18K+ will be here even if we go down. All that happens is that those 20K+ crowds get fewer and far between.

Edited by Flat Owl