Marriner

Because the ref couldn't see what was going on and couldn't make any other decisions. Can you imagine if Madine had stuck it in with his hand in the same situation? The ref not being able to actually ref the game is fairly important. I've just watched it again and I think Llera and Rodri need a flipping clip round the ear. Had they played on they both could have carried on and scored. Instead they are more bothered about chasing the ref.

100% agree.

Surely Llera and the other play understand the referee won't change his mind and that they'd be better off concentrating on the game trying to force an equaliser. What they ended up doing was costing Wednesday a point.

Because the ref couldn't see what was going on and couldn't make any other decisions. Can you imagine if Madine had stuck it in with his hand in the same situation? The ref not being able to actually ref the game is fairly important. I've just watched it again and I think Llera and Rodri need a flipping clip round the ear. Had they played on they both could have carried on and scored. Instead they are more bothered about chasing the ref.

Surely pure frustration from them both, like to see abit of passion even if it was misplaced. Also whats was the linesman doing? I still think it was diabolical reffing, sometimes they seem to get in to a mindset of making sure they give us nothing.

Just hope we don't get relegated by one point.

Surely pure frustration from them both, like to see abit of passion even if it was misplaced. Also whats was the linesman doing? I still think it was diabolical reffing, sometimes they seem to get in to a mindset of making sure they give us nothing.

If we get relegated by three points from Bristol city it's still the same. A draw means they didn't get the win. Quid says we go down by two points behind city...

Guest Bedders

I remember Marriner reffing some of our games years ago, and thought he was abysmal then.

I was amazed when I saw him refereeing in the Premier League. Deadman will probably get in next.

This one (see link) always gets me steaming mad......we were drawing 1-1 against Tranmere & as I remember it, someone for us did a cracking tackle that booted the ball off one of THEIR players which should have lead to a throw being awarded to us in front of the south stand somewhere around the oppo technical area.. Marriner was the ref & awarded the throw the other way which they went on to score from at the kop end. I'm that mad about it that I still remember it quite clearly even though it was 2005!!!!

http://www.11v11.com...ril-2005-33666/

Marriner always seems to just get all the key decisions wrong when reffing us!

Edited by Bedders

not just with the decision at the end

thought Marriner had a shocking game throughout

Really think thats unfair mate and I have never been one to defend a referee, he gave 2 penalties that I though were penalties during the game and still do having seen them again.

He had to stop the game because our "defender" was literally preventing him from officiating, other than that, he let the play flow as best he could, and got almost every decision right for 89 minutes, his only mistake was missing the handball, if he didnt see it, he cant give it.

Still, all about different opinions I suppose, I just really didnt think he was that bad.

Guest Bedders

Really think thats unfair mate and I have never been one to defend a referee, he gave 2 penalties that I though were penalties during the game and still do having seen them again.

He had to stop the game because our "defender" was literally preventing him from officiating, other than that, he let the play flow as best he could, and got almost every decision right for 89 minutes, his only mistake was missing the handball, if he didnt see it, he cant give it.

Still, all about different opinions I suppose, I just really didnt think he was that bad.

Yep but we're up to 4 officials now.....3 on the pitch & the one with the scoreboard & still none of them can see it? Might even be a refs assessor there as well? It's getting proper cringeworthy......

Lets have 100 blind officials at each match & still things won't improve..........

He should have smartened up the 'synchronised boot lace tying' as well........... embarrassing that people on 1000's a week can't tie a double knot in their boots!

Edited by Bedders

. i couldn't make out whether the first penalty was or not from the kop but even i saw the handball so where exactly was this c**t looking . as he saw the ball come to madines arm when it was quite close to his body . just like , was it Leeds , when their outfield player did a better save than kirkland has done all season and we got f**k all for that either .

Guest intercity0wl

Is there a qualified ref on here who can show us the rule where it says if you look at the ref aggressively it's a foul? Does that mean it would have been a peno if it was the other way around? Can you imagine that?

You dont have to be a qualified Ref to know that according to the Laws of the game, the Referee's word is final, he was another crap one tho weren't he.

Edited by intercity0wl

Bang on mate. You only have to look at player's reactions. Not 1 Wednesday player challenged the 2 penalties. They just walked away. The only one I would question would be the hand ball they did in their area but like you say, if he didn't see it he can't give it.

My question would be what the hell the linesman is watching.

Nothing wrong with passion, but don't go screaming at the ref whilst play is ongoing. flipping get on with putting the ball in the onion bag.

I'm sorry but with a name like Andre, he should be black.

Tell that to all the Eastern Europeans called Andre.

Just not bothered...

What continues to annoy me is the lack of involvement from assistants. They were happy to flag for the Huddersfield penalty when McCabe had the ball blasted at him from a yard away yet say motionless far too often. On Saturday he MUST have had a clear view of the handball, just like the Leeds game when the assistant didn't see the Becchio handball yet Bothroyd stood an inch away had a clear view and appealed.

We're not getting the rub of the green with penalties at Hillsborough for some reason. Hull game being a perfect example.

Guest wadsgod

he got all the big decisions correct no good blaming the ref for wee pipe heads that can't keep their cool ,

Ok Andre, you can show yourself now, the game is over and your choice of team won. You cheating B A S T A R D

he got all the big decisions correct no good blaming the ref for wee pipe heads that can't keep their cool ,

Well not quite. Why do u think literally was complaining.

Amazing how often refs seem to miss the bleeding obvious when its for us. Eg Leeds , hull, wolves, Saturday etc etc getting beyond a joke

To be fair I imagine they both, in the cold light of day wish they could rewind and stand calmly back as Madine equalizes but it's not like that is it? especially when they've just seen the officials make an almighty blunder- oh never mind let's just play on.