Somes up Jones' time

Guest Parks96

Did well with Megsons squad.

Done roger all with his own.

about right really

yesterday with only kirkland, Taylor and Helan added to last seasons players highlighted that we needed strengthening for this season

as we all know that has not happened

dj'sfirst job this season was to emulate in championship what his predecessor did in League 1 - ie build a solid foundation

and after all dj is an experienced championship manager with a great win ratio

not happened as yet

Jones didnt have a lot to do last season- the team were ultra fit - had a belief they could win every game and played with confidence in a formation we were comfortable with..

all Jones had to do was strap himself in and enjoy the ride.

Hes had a full pre season and the loss in fitness and strength throughout the squad is plain to see.

dropping players when playing well and making scapegoats of ones he didnt sign as added up to a right old bag of rubbish..

to quote Gloria Gaynor---

go now go, walk out the door,

dont turn around now cos your not welcome anymore...

Yeah,. Look at Southampton, West Ham &Norwich. As soon as they got promoted they kept the squad which worked well then for the next season, (Championship for Norwich & Southampton, then Prem for West Ham). He changed it too much, and it is on the verge of ridiculous

I'm pretty sure that when Megson was here he clearly stated that the squad he built was a squad to get us out of league one and that major re-enforcements were needed for us to survive in the Championship....

OK let's explode another myth, both Southampton and Norwich spent a lot of money in the first division, assembling a squad that could hold their own in the championship. They then needed only to add a few quality signings to push on. Megson did no such thing, he wasn't allowed to. Consequently Jones inherited a squad of ageing players barely good enough for the league below, let alone the championship. He had to completely rebuild the squad in 3 months and with a transfer budget of just over a million pounds. Both Norwich and Southampton spent that on one player when they were in the first division.

OK let's explode another myth, both Southampton and Norwich spent a lot of money in the first division, assembling a squad that could hold their own in the championship. They then needed only to add a few quality signings to push on. Megson did no such thing, he wasn't allowed to. Consequently Jones inherited a squad of ageing players barely good enough for the league below, let alone the championship. He had to completely rebuild the squad in 3 months and with a transfer budget of just over a million pounds. Both Norwich and Southampton spent that on one player when they were in the first division.

Was it the unbeaten run that brought you to this conclusion?

I was referring to the squad as opposed to the starting level Clearly they had some ability which was enhanced by the attitude that was instilled by Megson. The side that finished the season also contained four excellent loan signings which helped give us that little bit extra

Yeah fair do's. We did re-sign one of the loanees though and personally I didn't see Ranger as excellent but that's just my opinion. Treacy is missed (but I know that he has 'issues') Jones has hinted that he didn't fancy Batth..... was he obtainable anyway? Millwall fans are of course salivating over Beevers (cue the obvious). Makes you wonder.

I agree that Jones didn't have much to play with but what he had he did not use very well either. Too many incoming..... been better with less of a better quality to blend into the existing squad rather than total overhaul. We have suffered because of the recuitment for sure but the main reason for our current malaise I strongly believe is Jones's management of his current players.

Edited by Dagmeister

Guest Parks96

He's a gonna what?

We're never gonna get him back! Why do people say this? Yes It was Megson's team but, would of megson actually got us promoted with them?

Nail on head.

Perfect!

Guest Parks96

Jones didnt have a lot to do last season- the team were ultra fit - had a belief they could win every game and played with confidence in a formation we were comfortable with..

all Jones had to do was strap himself in and enjoy the ride.

Who says this? After losing 3 on teh trot before Derby Game?

Guest Parks96

I'm pretty sure that when Megson was here he clearly stated that the squad he built was a squad to get us out of league one and that major re-enforcements were needed for us to survive in the Championship....

Yeah but Norwich's team were pretty rubbish. Fighting spirit kept them through to the end! :tango:

Guest Parks96

Anyone noticed how Irvine brought in loads of players, then did jack all. Now this...loanee players dominating the starting XI doesn't work