Owen Coyle

Guest arobert

Coyle could be very interesting indeed.

Only 46 years of age and already has promotions on his CV at Falkirk and Burnley into the Premier League.

To get Burnley into the Premier League with no resources was a great achievement which is why Liverpool were so interested.

May I ask Todwick Owl whether this is just mere speculation or is there anything in it?

Coyle could be very interesting indeed.

Only 46 years of age and already has promotions on his CV at Falkirk and Burnley into the Premier League.

To get Burnley into the Premier League with no resources was a great achievement which is why Liverpool were so interested.

May I ask Todwick Owl whether this is just mere speculation or is there anything in it?

The year he got burnley up he did have a few million to spend after selling laferty but it was impressive nonetheless. I wouldn't write him off because of Bolton.

I have got a mate who is a Bolton fan who couldn't stand Coyle.

Says he is a poo manager.

Yes he got Burnley promoted but sometimes it happens that the right players come together at the right time and things happen. Then the manager gets all the credit.

Jones is almost in too deep now. Persisting with 4-5-1 which clearly doesn't work for us and playing players out of position. I would take Coyle because i'd hope he could see that this isn't working and change things up- Which Jones isn't doing, and it's costing us big time at the minute.

We desperately need a fresh approach, and the worrying thing is it's basic stuff at the minute which Jones can't see.

Edited by H2Owl

Jones is almost in too deep now. Persisting with 4-5-1 which clearly doesn't work for us and playing players out of position. I would take Coyle because i'd hope he could see that this isn't working and change things up- Which Jones isn't doing, and it's costing us big time at the minute.

We desperately need a fresh approach.

I want Mark Robins if we sack Jones but it aint gonna happen.

None of the out of work managers inspire me. Only McCarthy would have been a good un.

Di Canio is an interesting one. Maybe too much of a loose cannon for Milan to handle. Although there would be soething poetic about his return if you consider the last time we were any good was just before he fooked off.

Not as bad as everyone else is making out, but we might as well stick with DJ if he's the alternative.

I can't believe how many have adopted this mentality.. Probably the same people that thought we had a chance of getting Harry Redknapp in.

Why don't we write off all the managers we have a chance of getting and continue our relegation form with Jones?

It's not just about the manager. There are at least two people involved - the manager and the chairman.

There is very good manager currently sat in his garden in Sheffield doing sweet FA but ....!

I imagine the meal that DJ and MM attended probably set out a few things. Perhaps DJ has asked to be given some money to spend and perhaps MM agreed. It's the only reason I can think of that DJ is still here. If MM thinks that he didn't spend enough in the summer and spread the money too thinly.

The year he got burnley up he did have a few million to spend after selling laferty but it was impressive nonetheless. I wouldn't write him off because of Bolton.

He was there for 3 years and seemed to make them worse with every transfer window.

You wouldn't write Steve Kean off because of Blackburn by that logic.

I'd be gutted if we ended up with Coyle.

He was there for 3 years and seemed to make them worse with every transfer window.

You wouldn't write Steve Kean off because of Blackburn by that logic.

I'd be gutted if we ended up with Coyle.

What had Steve Keane done prior to Blackburn? The logic doesn't apply at all.

I'm not saying Coyle would be great I don't think there is an obvious choice. But despite Jones track record we find ourselves in the mire.

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest arobert

Perhaps the difference between Owen Coyle and Steve Kean is that Coyle has two promotions under his belt and he is only 46 whereas Kean yook over a good side and got them relegated.

How is that the same?

What had Steve Keane done prior to Blackburn? The logic doesn't apply at all.

I'm not saying Coyle would be great I don't think there is an obvious choice. But despite Jones track record we find ourselves in the mire.

It was an flippant example, as Kean is just a bit of running joke but I'd say that the job Coyle did at Bolton was equally as poor as what Kean did at Blackburn.

That's the main reason why I wouldn't want him here. Just another uninspiring name that we should avoid IMO.

I imagine the meal that DJ and MM attended probably set out a few things. Perhaps DJ has asked to be given some money to spend and perhaps MM agreed. It's the only reason I can think of that DJ is still here. If MM thinks that he didn't spend enough in the summer and spread the money too thinly.

2 x perhaps in one sentence - does this mean they cancel each other out and DJ will get f**k all - haha - only joking.

The point I indicating towards is that the chairman has to be happy with the manager and I think you know why...otherwise GM wouldn;t be sat in his garden.