Pubs near the Sheffield Wednesday ground that have shut

On 30/11/2012 at 21:51, vulva said:

Think there used to be a pub opposite the New BarrackTavern?

The New Barrack Tavern is still going, does well on match days but like it has been said may be not so well the rest of the week.  A very good pub for real ale and they do have live bands on. I remember all pubs that have been mentioned and been in most, some great places and great times.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Sad that these places used to exist when we were good. Memories of match day walk up knowing you would see a performance, with a few pints in these great pubs beforehand. Never quite knew why the Travellers shut-always seemed busy and busier than others that survived it.

My local pre game pub. Great times, great pub.

Used to love the travs when wheeney had it. That night we played Kaiserslautern what an atmosphere. Remember a few times when away fans tried to get in and got a pasting before they even got to the doors. Think tommy tynan ran it for a while too. 

Edited by Plonk
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Plonk said:

Used to love the travs when wheeney had it. That night we played Kaiserslautern what an atmosphere. Remember a few times when away fans tried to get in and got a pasting before they even got to the doors. Think tommy tynan ran it for a while too. 

Tommy had it mid to late 90s when Sue and Pete had the Gate. The gate was my second home on leave and had some real characters gone but never forgotten 

• Like 1

On 30/11/2012 at 21:51, vulva said:

Think there used to be a pub opposite the New BarrackTavern?

Dont know if  it's been answered already,  it was called The Cambridge  bang opposite The Rose Inn, with Masons just round the corner 

There was also a pub called Sportsmans Group on a side road opposite dog track 

• Like 1