Top Films Of 2012...........So far!

Just watched it mate and thought it was great! I thought Will Poulter was just brilliant! Thanks for the recommendation Nick!

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Watched it again myself tonight too. I think it is just brilliant,really love that ending. Dexter Fletcher will definitely be 1 to keep an eye on as a director .

Edited by nick-swfc-

I was a bit disappointed with Looper,more my fault than the film though I think. I'd only heard and read bits about it so from what I had gathered I thought it would be a futuristic time travel movie sort of like Total Recall looking. Couldn't have been more wrong really as its more of a near future film more about a lad with telekinesis than the time travel part.

First half of it I thought was very good but the 2nd just went story overload with very little actually going off so I got bored of it. Wouldn't mind seeing it again though now I know more about it to see if I like it more.

Wild Bill is in the post, roger yes.

Finally on loveFilm then? If there was 1 film I could have recommended to you this year it would be this. Just been watching a few movie trailers and ended up watching the Wild Bill 1. Surprising how much the trailer makes it look like a RocknRolla clone. Couldn't be more different than that,much more to it.

Beasts Of The Southern Wild

Watched this the other day on the basis of this post and a review...

Absolutely brilliant. One of the most interesting films I've seen in ages, really enjoyed it, and one of my top films of the year now.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Better late than never I suppose.

Bahhhhhh

We are writing to you today to let you know that your DVD rental account was affected by an issue we had with allocations at our warehouse on 04/12/2012, for which we sincerely apologise.

Your scheduled dispatch on the day had to be rolled back and hence no titles were sent to you. Allocations are running correctly again now and normal service has been resumed.

Watched this the other day on the basis of this post and a review...

Absolutely brilliant. One of the most interesting films I've seen in ages, really enjoyed it, and one of my top films of the year now.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Saw it at the Showroom as I'm a middle classlad.

Looper is up there.

One that I didn't expect to anything special was Argo- loved it.

So finally watched Wild Bill, really enjoyed it. Because Dexter Fletcher directed paid a bit of attention to it, and thought he did a brilliant job, one scene looked like Bill was walking away from the flat but was actually inside, still can't fathom how they did it.

Poulter was very good. Found the character of Bill a bit too cliche, and I found the actor a bit cartoonish, but a minor fault overall.

Glad you enjoyed it FG. My minor fault with it was that lad out of T's gang, Pill I think his name was. Thought he cheapened their image slightly acting all Lee Nelson,but again like you it was minor in the grand scheme of things.

Loved the more poignant scenes in it. The bonding between Bill and his son whilst throwing the paper planes and the part where they are all sat having Chinese round the table after he's sorted both their bits of trouble out. Added that bit of realism to it.

Just shows what you can do with a simple story line,and lets face it it's not the first bad guy turned good story either, when you get the casting and plot just right.