Jones in or out?

The difference in the general opinion from this time last week to now is quite noticeable & I don't think MM will be too dissimilar from the general POV.

OUT for me. It's a real shame too because I have no doubt EVERY Owls fan was behind him & had full confidence in him (and Milan) to do the business ... but for whatever reason, it's not happened and a change is in order.

Unreal.

The performance standard slipped but wasn't even close to how poo poo performances were at the end of megsons time.

The performance against forest was good.

Totally disagree with this. I remember the Chesterfield match and that was horrific, but we were no where near of such a bad scale as we are right now.

But our recent record shows that in the last 16 games, we've lost 12 & won 2 (against poor teams) and keeping 1 clean sheet. If you were a sales man & you didn't hit your targets for 12 out of 16 months, you'd certainly be sacked as it's a results based business.

The performance may have been good against Forrest (I didn't go), but that doesn't discount the other dozen matches where we have been very poor.

Unreal.

The performance standard slipped but wasn't even close to how poo poo performances were at the end of megsons time.

The performance against forest was good.

Ive long been a defender of Jones however the record of late has been poor and you cannot defend the 3 main errors for saturday.

1. The team selection. Sidibe was clearly lacking match fitness and his quality(?) with the ball never existed. even his headers when unchallenged didnt go where he intended them (unless he meant to sky them in the air to no one).

2. The tactics. Playing the long ball for the wingers to chase on a very wet and windy day was never going to work, no matter how fast they are. We didnt seem to have a plan b.

3. Playing to Leicesters weakness and our strengths. Schmeichel was caught flapping more than once in the first half when he was forced to deal with an areal ball. Instead of punting the ball to the wing, the long balls should have been directed towards the strikers in their area and we should have tested Kasper as often as we could in the air. Sidibe is not the smallest player in the world and Bothroyd seems to win more headers than he loses. If those are their strengths then play to them!

Finally, we lost. It happens and I accept that. The fact that we didnt put 100% into the game is just abysmal. To then defend the players because their work rate wasnt 100% is just ridiculous. It annoys me a lot but I only travelled accross sheffield to get to hillsborough. I feel even more sorry for all the poor chuffs who will have travelled across the country to be at hillsborough to support us and watch that shower.

Still lost though.

its not the fact that we lost. its that we didnt put in 100% effort. To defend the fact that we didnt put 100% effort in is the final nail in the coffin for me. and yes, i would be just as cheesed off if we had got anything from a game and not put 100% effort in