Ten hours left, which should answer a few questions as to our Ambitions

Guest intercity0wl

I'm not expecting anyone in to be honest. If there was a realistic opportunity to bring someone in who could make a significant diffrence then I think the deal would've been done by now?

For me I think the return of Chris Lines to the starting 11 could have as big an effect if not bigger as a Loan Signing coming in today but it does like a lot of fans surprise me as to how quiet :milan: has been of late :wacko:

Its essential that we balance the squad before the 5 o'clock deadline. Getting in a striker and a midfielder should give us a chance to steady the ship. The current midfield and striking options will not see us make progress any time soon. Once we've arrested the slide, we can then look to January to see what we need to take us further. In January loans will have finished, incoming and outgoing, the injury situation may be clearer and we will have a better indication of which players are able to cut it in this division.

All that is for January though, but today is important because just sticking with what we have cannot be an option. We need to reach January on an even keel so we can properly assess the situation. If we are bottom three and embroiled in a relegation scrap, it will be hard to avoid drastic action and all the upheaval that goes with that. What we do today is vital for our prospects this season.

Tom Pope from Port Vale is banging them in, 20 now, I think.....And before anyone comes out with the 'he hasn't got championship experience' line, then bothroyd and co. haven't actually set the league alight have they ?

Charlie Austin was only in League 1 before Burnley look at him now he's a £10m player.

Just a thought

UTO

Its essential that we balance the squad before the 5 o'clock deadline. Getting in a striker and a midfielder should give us a chance to steady the ship. The current midfield and striking options will not see us make progress any time soon. Once we've arrested the slide, we can then look to January to see what we need to take us further. In January loans will have finished, incoming and outgoing, the injury situation may be clearer and we will have a better indication of which players are able to cut it in this division.

All that is for January though, but today is important because just sticking with what we have cannot be an option. We need to reach January on an even keel so we can properly assess the situation. If we are bottom three and embroiled in a relegation scrap, it will be hard to avoid drastic action and all the upheaval that goes with that. What we do today is vital for our prospects this season.

Spot on.

Tom Pope from Port Vale is banging them in, 20 now, I think.....And before anyone comes out with the 'he hasn't got championship experience' line, then bothroyd and co. haven't actually set the league alight have they ?

Charlie Austin was only in League 1 before Burnley look at him now he's a £10m player.

Just a thought

UTO

Difference is Austin Goal scoring record is phenominal, Popes goal scoring record has been dire until this season and he is 27 and we would have to committ to buying him for 1 million plus. FFS as if Port Vale would loan out their top scorer..........I'D GO FOR AUSTIN. :picnic:

Guest intercity0wl

Just a thought

UTO

Kevin Keegan was only in the bottom division with scunny when liverpool set him on, but the ones who make it are small in number, compared to those who dont, so sorry but imo a gamble aint what we need right now.