Local Derby, Just before Xmas, on Sky, Time to see if all the MASSIVE talk, is just talk..

Guest intercity0wl

Guest BirdonaMaguire

If we don't sell out it's a f**king joke, i bet most will be seeing who we draw in the FA Cup an all, i hope it's decent draw, and you need a Barnsley stub to get priority.

I will be there after by usually getting poo poo faced the night before on free booze at works xmas party. Oldham last season was the roughest day of my life.

Exeter away a few years back. MASSIVE hang over from work xmas do. Rank train journey (luckily only from Cardiff). Loads of snow and ice. Lost 5-1. Terrible day all around

It's £28 for us, unless we have a membership card, which costs a fiver. That card then reduces the price of every game to £25. However, we have to buy the ticket before 1.30pm the day of the game.

In other words, we charge an obscene price, then make our fans jump through hoops to pay a slightly less obscene price.

Football is f****d.

You know we aren't a big club with great numbers, but in 2 years we have shed 3,000 supporters. Due to cost. But instead of lowering the cost, they have UPPED it, to fleece the 8,000 diehards.

In it together apparently. And "our prices are no different to most Championship clubs.." they tell us. Yes, but that doesn't make it right. That's like Rola Cola charging the same as Pepsi, ffs.

By law, we can't charge away fans less/more than our own fans. So the 3 quid reduction applies to your ST holders only, as it fits with our membership card bollyollocks.

I was a ST holder since 1994, until this season. Due to working on nights now, I'd miss 7 or 8 games, so didn't see the point. However, I'm at every home game on a weekend, and the odd away trip. It's what I do, it's all I know. And, THEY know that, hence the cost nowadays - robbing f*****s.

Sky doesn't come into it. It's a local derby. A proper supporter has to attend, no matter what.

I look forward to playing you, but prefer the away day. It's half hour ont train, 6 or 7 pints in Sheff, then to your gaff to cheer on my team.

What's not to like?

It's the whole point of football.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

It's £28 for us, unless we have a membership card, which costs a fiver. That card then reduces the price of every game to £25. However, we have to buy the ticket before 1.30pm the day of the game.

In other words, we charge an obscene price, then make our fans jump through hoops to pay a slightly less obscene price.

Football is f****d.

You know we aren't a big club with great numbers, but in 2 years we have shed 3,000 supporters. Due to cost. But instead of lowering the cost, they have UPPED it, to fleece the 8,000 diehards.

In it together apparently. And "our prices are no different to most Championship clubs.." they tell us. Yes, but that doesn't make it right. That's like Rola Cola charging the same as Pepsi, ffs.

By law, we can't charge away fans less/more than our own fans. So the 3 quid reduction applies to your ST holders only, as it fits with our membership card bollyollocks.

I was a ST holder since 1994, until this season. Due to working on nights now, I'd miss 7 or 8 games, so didn't see the point. However, I'm at every home game on a weekend, and the odd away trip. It's what I do, it's all I know. And, THEY know that, hence the cost nowadays - robbing f*****s.

Sky doesn't come into it. It's a local derby. A proper supporter has to attend, no matter what.

I look forward to playing you, but prefer the away day. It's half hour ont train, 6 or 7 pints in Sheff, then to your gaff to cheer on my team.

What's not to like?

It's the whole point of football.

Mate, football is f**ked, fans are being robbed left right and centre and clubs don't seem to care, how come Oakwell is banning under fives as well?

Mate, football is f**ked, fans are being robbed left right and centre and clubs don't seem to care, how come Oakwell is banning under fives as well?

As I'm sure you will understand, we (our fans) have talked about this in great length.

It came into practice this season. Health and Safety reasons.

Here is what our GM, Don Rowing said..

"we aren't the only club with this policy.. Arsenal do it too.. we aren't comfortable with young children attending, they could be hit with stray balls"

He actually said that, bless him.

I have no idea why it's in place. I was first taken to Oakwell 25 years ago, as a 5 year old.

You'd think they'd encourage new support. Get em while they are young, before they notice Man City/Utd on the telly...

And, we've got at least half the stadium empty!

LET ALL OF THE KIDS IN, FOR NOWT! but that would be sensible, and not making money..

But, the way to get around it, is to pay on the gate, as the turnstyle operators are usually low in IQ, low in change, and won't query how old your sprog is.

The day the Premier League goes bust, will be the finest day in English football, since 66.

Child protection. Cos no child should have to watch Barnsley until they know what they're getting themselves in for.

You share a city with that other club, so of course that's THE local derby for you. And believe you me (good ol BTB), as much as we are rivals, the Steel City derby is up there with any in football, IMO.

But because you share a city, you can't really slag that city off, if you see where I'm coming from. Wheras at least with us, we're the next best thing so far as distance goes (you can't count Rovrum as they're pub level, like Donny). And, considering we're a smaller town than those two, we are a solid second tier club, who have actually achieved things, albeit not very much.

So we should be your main rival, after the Blunts. You make a short trip, to a place you can slag off, and whilst it's not the piglets you're playing, it's the next best thing.

For me, I don't mind admitting I see you as our main rival. We are a one town club, so have to look further afield. And because (IMO) I see you as the regions biggest club, you're easy to love/hate.

The Blunts I merely hate, for many obvious reasons, and let's be fair, they are irrelevant come the 15th of next month.

I hope you fetch 7,000 and we show the nation how a local derby really goes. None of this poncified krap we get in the Prem.

See you all there..

This fixture has always been one of my favourites and I have to admit I prefer trips to Oakwell than Bramall Lane these days.

Unfortunately we've just completed on a house and so that pretty much rules me out of away games for a while, really gutted I can't make this one though.

Regardless of Sky TV and it being just before Christmas, I'd be surprised if there were less than 3.5k Wednesday fans there though.