Could we accept Relegation

We aren't going to go down, either with or without DJ at the helm.

I think a more sensible question to ask would be can you see Jones taking us up at any time in the next few years?

If not, then is that acceptable? If not, then we need to be looking at getting someone else in for the long term.

I think Milan hired DJ with a view to the longer term, to get promoted, then build again and get promoted again.

After we finish mid table this season, DJ's future will be decided by how we start the following season. If we aren't in or around the playoffs after the first 10 games or so I expect he'll be shown the door.

Guest Wilf Marshall

We can't go back to League 1. It's too much.

I don't think we will though. I'm sure there will be 3 worse teams..

We should be doing better though.

If Huddersfield can, why can't we.

Guest Distraught!

A quite serious response.......

Would one of the most infamously trigger happy chairmen of recent years allow a manager to just sleepwalk us back to relegation? This after spending the corresponding years since investing something over and above twenty million quid telling us how important it was to first get out of League One and then into the Premier League?

I am sure that DJ knows himself that he has to turn this around now relatively quickly otherwise he's gone. This is how Mandaric does his business and every manager that works for him knows it!

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Of course we can't accept relegation even finishing fourth bottom on the last day would be better in the long run obviously.

We can't afford to go back down, MM won't stick around forever. He wants to sell us on for a profit. Who'd want to buy a pub team?

DJ is taking us back down and at the possible risk of taking us back to where we were before MM came in.

I don't know what makes so many posters believe we won't go down and that DJ won't take us down? Why are you so certain?

its clear to me we're one of the worst sides in this League. We've got the worst defence in the League and we don't score enough goals to stay up.

We're going down without a fight. Yes its only November, but a new man would need bedding in and he'd especially need the transfer window.

If you're waiting for DJ to lose the plot for him to be pushed? DJ has already lost the plot, by the signs. Dropping our top scorer and replacing him with Bothroyd.

Slagging players off. Not playing players on form or giving the whole squad a fair chance. Wasteful signings and poor loan signings. Negative tactics and the same old excuses all the time.

Plus, if we're led to believe on top of all that he wants to loan out last seasons top scorer who just broke his duck and bring in another inexperienced forward of the same age.

I repeat, DJ has lost the plot!!! For the good of the club and to stand any chance of staying up, we need rid. He hasn't even got the passion or experience of surviving relegation battles to save us.

WTID

So let me get this straight. The OP is saying that it's already pre-determined that we'll go down if DJ stays and because some of us think he should stay then we're obviously accepting relegation.

Well I don't accept relegation, I refuse to even contemplate relegation and I'll leave the decision on DJ's future up to Milan. Even if we did sack DJ there's nothing to say we wouldn't get relegated anyway

And remember the result?

Im all for DJ but if we're still struggling in december and not beating the Bristols and Barnsleys I wouldn't want him buying during the January transfer window.. look at who he brought in this summer, minus a few exceptions.

So you advocate changing the manager every 9 months?

Guest Bedders

Hell no!

I'm with Big Guns couldn't handle another season of that.....

Can't people remember:-

1.How bad the refs were?

2.How bad some of the grounds & pitches were?

3. The small allocation of away tickets?

4. The size of some of the away following at our ground.

I'm not for chopping & changing for the sake of it, but on the flip side I don't like some DJ ways at the moment (player recruitment, tactics, apparent favouritism).

I say give him until Xmas & see how it pans out. If we see more of the same I say cash the chips in & try a different roulette table.......,

It's testament to how DJ is managing this season that threads like this don't seem so ridiculous. Plus it's also damning with faint praise when DJ supporters can only come up with 'who would we replace him with though?' as a genuine reason for not even thinking about change. We lost out on the very best candidate recently and, scarily enough, the improvement he will bring (already has brought!) to the team he joined could make it even more difficult for us this season. This season is a reyt mess so far...

Edited by Almat

It's testament to how DJ is managing this season that threads like this don't seem so ridiculous. Plus it's also damning with faint praise when DJ supporters can only come up with 'who would we replace him with though?' as a genuine reason for not even thinking about change. We lost out on the very best candidate recently and, scarily enough, the improvement he will bring (already has brought!) to the team he joined could make it even more difficult for us this season. This season is a reyt mess so far...

Are you the guy who stated MCCarthy has a much better record than DJ?

If you are I'd like to see the stats. If you're not I apologise

Cheers

But you've seen the promotions to the PL and the record when each got there I take it? lol

PS Why would 'work' block win %tages?

They don't.

You're saying the only factor in whether a manager is measured is promotions?

I believe DJ's win percentage in the Championship stands comparison with anyone, but if we're only looking at the criteria you've decided on then I can't argue.

PS. MM's record in the Prem with Sunderland was dire wasn't it?

Edited by markowl

i don't see that scenario materialising...

if we are too near the relegation spots for too long, milan would make dj history...

and if we recovered, only for a catastrophic falter at the season's end to relegate us, again milan would take action...

i can't see any scenario where we drop into the 3rd. and dj is still in charge...