sort it or go

getting frustrating now, wrong formation, has been clear to see for weeks but jones is too stubborn to change it, it isn't working and his excuse is 'it's a learning curve' huddersfield are in a play off position and comfortably beat us at home earlier this season they seem to have adapted - no more pathetic excuses or shifting the blame- JONES is playing the wrong formation, oh and how Daniel jones gets a game i have no idea, he is poo , Bothroyd offers us nothing- forest is a must win and 442 is needed- kirkland buxton llera gardner mattock jj Semedo barkley/corry antonio o'grady Madine/rodri imo, sick of spending money watching the same s**t every week and there's no attempt to change it, rant over

Guest Wilf Marshall

See that's the thing with him talking about this division, saying it's a learning etc. when Huddersfield have adapted.

We just aren't cutting it.

I don't think he is a big motivator like some managers are.

But maybe that is what is needed.

I don't think he is a big motivator like some managers are.

But maybe that is what is needed.

Here we go again.

What's the manager not doing? Then that must be the answer. He's also not wearing a pink ballgown, playing Rodri in goal or sitting down to a nice fry-up on the touchline.

In recent weeks we've had fans demanding Taylor to be dropped, O'Grady to be re-instated, Mattock in, then back out again, Bothroyd to be signed, the 4-4-2 to be ditched due to the goals being conceded... and all of these things have happened.

And as for needing a motivator, have you forgotten last season already?

Guest richjones19772000

Here we go again.

What's the manager not doing? Then that must be the answer. He's also not wearing a pink ballgown, playing Rodri in goal or sitting down to a nice fry-up on the touchline.

In recent weeks we've had fans demanding Taylor to be dropped, O'Grady to be re-instated, Mattock in, then back out again, Bothroyd to be signed, the 4-4-2 to be ditched due to the goals being conceded... and all of these things have happened.

This! Yet again,so sick of the idiots on here turning on a sixpence the minute we lose a couple.

flip off the lot of you.

getting frustrating now, wrong formation, has been clear to see for weeks but jones is too stubborn to change it, it isn't working and his excuse is 'it's a learning curve' huddersfield are in a play off position and comfortably beat us at home earlier this season they seem to have adapted - no more pathetic excuses or shifting the blame- JONES is playing the wrong formation, oh and how Daniel jones gets a game i have no idea, he is poo , Bothroyd offers us nothing- forest is a must win and 442 is needed- kirkland buxton llera gardner mattock jj Semedo barkley/corry antonio o'grady Madine/rodri imo, sick of spending money watching the same s**t every week and there's no attempt to change it, rant over

go for managers job then when dj is sacked cos you have better know how of this league,cant wait think i'll buy season tickets for all family and friends some stray dogs as well uto

Guest JC Saviour

Here we go again.

How could we forget last season when Meggo had the players fired up every game. Wish we still had the same motivation now.

Guest JC Saviour

Who poured a bucket of water on the fire after Christmas?

I'm more concerned about whats happening this season. No one wants to see ALL the hard work of last season go down the pan irrespective of whom the manager may be. Whatever fancy words folk want to call it, there is something dramatically missing from the field of play. I'm not just talking about results, the body language of some of the players isn't right. There's no leadership on the pitch, players (those part of the promotion team) genuinely don't seem as though they are enjoying it as much as last season. Thats not from some one who as any coaching badges but from a supporter. Forget abouts results, I honestly cannot recall a game this season I enjoyed watching which is a sad indictment.I hear folk saying we are 2/3 players short of getting things right. I personally believe we have the overall quality to at least survive this season, but I don't think that is the issue.

See that's the thing with him talking about this division, saying it's a learning etc. when Huddersfield have adapted. We just aren't cutting it. I don't think he is a big motivator like some managers are. But maybe that is what is needed.

Listen - I agree - the motivation thing is my big issue with DJ

Here we go again. What's the manager not doing? Then that must be the answer. He's also not wearing a pink ballgown, playing Rodri in goal or sitting down to a nice fry-up on the touchline. In recent weeks we've had fans demanding Taylor to be dropped, O'Grady to be re-instated, Mattock in, then back out again, Bothroyd to be signed, the 4-4-2 to be ditched due to the goals being conceded... and all of these things have happened. And as for needing a motivator, have you forgotten last season already?

Listen - MOTIVATION - I know you like to see the evidence' so whether this qualifies or I dont know but when dJ came in

we were 70% through season and 3 rd in League with a chance of play offs ( note I havent said automatic even tho personally thought we still were )

had a squad that would work and fight for each other, the fans etc

a new manager to impress

won v bury, bournemouth and went on a run that built momentum and generates motivation in itself - self perpetuating is it ?

largely had a squad which had with more quality than the majority of the rest of League 1

we also had terry Burton although quantifying his influence is difficult to do

DJ played a big part - but I dont bekieve that was through individual motivation and man mangement but more through his providing a different view on footballing beliefs, encouraging players to be more expressive and confident (eg pass the ball) - it worked

now some will say that is motivation in itself - i would draw a distinction however

This season weve started from scratch again, the league is harder , the squad has changed massively, and whereas last season DJ said ' I start with 1 point so I try then to get all 3' , he is now exercising caution (yep cos we leaked goals) and saying 'put your foot throuight it'

I can imagine some players being confused, add in all the new recruits , better opposition, and understandably we are where we are

Now is when DJ needs to motivate and use his man mangement skils - or bring someone in to work with him that can

If he presents to players like he does the media - Staton and co must consider him the short straw when it comes to interviews - it does not bode well - in my opinion

Having said that we should be able to stay up and I hope DJ gets chance to do it but we need to see somerthing we havent seen yet

If footballers appear to be enjoying themselves more when their team is winning and less when losing then all they've got to do is have fun and the results will flow.

:laugh:

Great satire.

But be careful. That's so close logically to a real example that it might end up with 'show some ambition', 'no plan B', 'lost the dressing room', 'compact unit' etc. in the football fan's bag of cliches delivered earnestly as if there's some very real wisdom behind them rather than glib sloganeering.

I did see the table today and it was frustrating to see huddersfield well above us. Still time to sort it though. Either Milan will back him again with a stark warning or he'll pull the plug. I want DJ to succeed but given milans lack of patience I fear time will run out for him. A shame but modern day football doesnt do patience.

We're a very poor team on the showing so far this season, and after one third of the season, it starts getting to the stage where the league table doesn't lie.

I want DJ to succeed, but what he is doing - for whatever reason - is not having the desired effect. We can't keep playing this way as it's simply not effective - whether that is down to tactics, players or morale is what DJ gets paid for. So, I'd really expect to see him changing things for the better (if that means changing tactics, bringing in different players from the squad or in on loan, or somehow getting them to stop chasing shadows and get a foot in and get them fighting like mad - then he needs to get on with it).

If he can't do this over the next few games and all we get is a repeat of the first third of the season, then either we need MM to invest more (or find a co-investor/his successor to push us on) and/or DJ to be backed more or replaced. If things don't improve soon, then the latter 2 are the only options - unless everyone is happy to roll dice on avoiding relegation with the current squad who have got us into this mess - and even if we do, what basis is there to expect any meaningful improvement next season?

I'm staggered we are in this position after all the optimism created by last season's die hard spirit. Where's THAT gone (and in the blink of an eye too)?