We're not far off

It seems to me we need three players to really compete. An experienced centre mind to play along side Ross and to help him with his positioning. A winger to give us more of a threat npthe break but also to give us more options to spread the defence whilst in position. A forward to play along side Jay.

Looking at options there see to be quite a few floating around prem squads. We do have talented young lads but someone like delap for three months till January could be what we need.

It depends where the OP thinks were not too far off from. He's right if he thinks were not far off from being a decent mid table team he's probably right, but were are miles behind the top teams!

The last 2 matches has really shown how poor we are at passing and moving!

Edited by jonnyowl

We were totally owned yesterday. Miles off good enough. Terrible passing. Not putting pressure on opposition when they had the ball. Maybe their players are better and will dribble past us if pressured, but at least we would have tried, and sometimes would succeed.

We were totally owned yesterday. Miles off good enough. Terrible passing. Not putting pressure on opposition when they had the ball. Maybe their players are better and will dribble past us if pressured, but at least we would have tried, and sometimes would succeed.

DJ out if this is his idea of how we should continue playing.

I tend to agree with the OP, we are not that far off, but.................there were classic signs last night, picked up by OwlsfanNorway, that cracks are beginning to appear elsewhere. This often happens when there are key peices missing and the problem isn't remedied. Yes we are not that far off but those missing pieces have to be put in place before the whole thing falls apart. DJ, stop bleating about refereeing decisions and individual errors and sort out the shortcomings of the squad, your squad.

I've been saying all season "that we're not far off" and "when it clicks" but the last 2 games have showed how far we are behind. Both Middlesborough and Blackpool are both decent sides, but our lack of confidence and cutting edge made them look better. There's so many areas that need improving, composure, individual errors, lack of concentration, team morale and the inability to take our chances. We aren't going to get lots of chances at this level, so like teams do against us, we have to take the ones we do get

I wouldn't be too disillusioned Blueblood, as I said, a lot of the problems we are seeing now are resulting from a lack of confidence through being stuck down there. The fact that DJ is at last looking like he might be a bit proactive in changing things around is a good sign. Not quite sure why its taken him so long when it was abundantly clear that we didn't have the right tools for the job. Perhaps he wanted to give the players every opportunity, or more likely, having brought in so many players, he didn't want to admit he'd got it wrong. No matter, things now seem to be happening and hopefully we can get the right players in that will allow us to compete in this division

I think DJ needs to admit to himself that Bothroyd is having on effect in the position he is playing in, for me that would be a MASSIVE start. If he's going to play Bothroyd no matter what, then he atleast needs to play him in his position, JJ offers more going forward and defensivly than Bothroyd does. I like Bothroyd and want him to succeed, but it aint gonna happen on the right wing

The fact that DJ is at last looking like he might be a bit proactive in changing things around is a good sign. Not quite sure why its taken him so long when it was abundantly clear that we didn't have the right tools for the job.

Incredibly worrying trying to overhaul a team a third of the way through the season with constraints like the transfer windows in play. We either have more loanees or attract who we can in January - players that will risk coming to fight relegation and the possibility of facing life in league 1 if the losing culture isn't halted.

People have been saying "we're not far off" for the last 6-8 weeks.

And we're still losing games.

Jones signed plenty of players in the summer.

On paper we have the best elements of last season's side, some experienced Championship players and some raw talented young players - we should be mid table with that mix.

It's not new players we need - its Dave Jones to organise and motivate them in a system they actually understand.

Not far off yet need to sign a quarter of a new team?

This is the hilarious bit about the DJ huggers. They tend to conveniently ignore the fact he's brought in 15 players already when they insist (probably to try and stop their historical support of DJ being made to look totally idiotic) that we are 'just a few new signings away from a good side'. It's just delusion of the most deluded kind. He's signed 15, most of who are basically shuffle, ridiculously one of whom he absolutely can't drop contractually, which is no way to run a football club). Where does the belief that his next 3 signings will be the ones that work?

Edited by Almat