Jay F ing Bothroyd

I'm going on what I've seen in recent games. About the third foal I did misread your post. My apology. That was all Gardner. Can't let your man do you that easily.

I want to like Bothroyd honestly I do. But I see a player with a big reputation (and a supposedly big wage) playing on the right like he plays up front. You can't be that lethargic, especially against a team on form. You say he made a challenge? He has to give some cover for Buxton. I know it's not his natural game but he should have made 10 last night. Buxtons attacking instincts have been utterly curbed by Bothroyd walking around in front of him.

It's not just him, a lot had a off night. But the difference is no one else in that team has England caps, (well apart from Kirkland) and that wage. Clearly DJ is giving Bothroyd the responsibility to show and lead the rest and he just isn't doing it.

apart from leeds , he has done next to nothing i'm afraid ,and perhaps ipswich so some say ,be that as it may ,but i agree te whole side needs sorting ,but he supposedly has the pedigree to do better but looks like he can't be bother'd guru and in truth we expected a lot better from him,as you would in a prem player

He waddled around for 90 minutes and still managed to set up a goal last night with a quality cross, so the ability is certainly there.

If he goes back though, which maybe he should, then we need to sign another winger, Jermaine Johnson in my opinion is simply not good enough, neg away and tell me " on his day hes a match winner " and all the usual rubbish but his popularity baffles me, and if we have to rely on his headless chicken act every week, we will be in even more trouble than we currently are.

We had a chance in the summer and failed to do it, but now if we really want to stay up, its got to be time to bring in some real quality.

Guest silvergusy

He's gash, possibly the most ineffective player we have getting far to much game time. Needs to be dropped as a minimum and JJ to to start and if fit mayor needs to be in the bench.

Cannot understand anyone defending his performances, the team needs a little shake up even if it means Taylor in for llera.

i'm surprised about a striker being consistently played out wide

wonder what people would say if someone like say Kevin Davies, Gazza Madine, Peter Crouch or Jordan Rhodes was plonked on the wing and expected to do a job

get the coont up front in a 2 man attack or send him back to QPR - playing him on the wing is flipping scandalous

He waddled around for 90 minutes and still managed to set up a goal last night with a quality cross, so the ability is certainly there.

If he goes back though, which maybe he should, then we need to sign another winger, Jermaine Johnson in my opinion is simply not good enough, neg away and tell me " on his day hes a match winner " and all the usual rubbish but his popularity baffles me, and if we have to rely on his headless chicken act every week, we will be in even more trouble than we currently are.

We had a chance in the summer and failed to do it, but now if we really want to stay up, its got to be time to bring in some real quality.

Very selective to ignore all of the good things he's done for the past five and a half years.

The outlet he's given us during that time has been invaluable. I've seen this time and time again with him - when things go well for us everyone seems to say how his good points far outweigh his bad points, and in a situation like this vice versa.

Misplaced to be focusing on JJ in such a negative way. He's still got plenty to offer.

He was rubbish, as we're quite a few others. Languid is the modern phrase for bone idle. He's been poor for the majority of his loan spell, and the fact he's had 9 clubs in 12 years indicates its not just us that think it. Shake hands, cut our losses and move. Sign a couple of hungry Premier league reserve kids with a point to prove, and someone like Shaun Derry to organise us. We appear far too nice, and are sleep walking towards relegation.

this