Jay F ing Bothroyd

Well, in that case you're fickle, I'll give you that.

And a wum...

Why am I fickle? If someone does well I will praise them, if they don't I won't. Its saying it as it is.

Guest foreverSWFC

Should be playing upfront not wide left, he'd be much more effective in his natural position, the position where he has made his name.

Get JJ on the right, go back to 4-4-2 and we will see improvements.

...and he doesn't look like the sort who's got the consistent character and determination you need for a relegation battle.

Nope, not at all.

His tweets tonight though, he's trying to justify his performance. "I set one up (Clutching!), put some crosses and had a few shots"

Yeh, cheers Jay.

Were any of these shots on target?

"Give me chances and I'll score"

The talking on the pitch tells a different story.

Is this a joke thread? On a night when nobody played particularly well, why single him out? He put some quality balls into the box, had three shots himself and was instrumental in setting up our goal Add to that, he would have cleared that near post cross that led to the third goal, something that he does every game Not saying he had great game but to single the guy out is just a flippingjoke in my opinion

Don't think he's a wide midfielder/winger tho, do you? Either play him up front or put him on the bench

He's a left footed striker.

He's being played on the right wing.

And we're still surprised he looks a shadow of the player we were expecting?!

that is a bit strange...we play a left footed striker on the right wing and a right footed winger on the left wing. I don't think Bothroyd is a wide midfielder/winger but if you are going to play him there he should at least be on the left wing.

Guest JDaltonS6

Thing is everyone loved the thought of having Bothroyd when he signed. Jones chucked him in, not on merit and out of position. Fans get on his back and he doesn't give one, good player but completely wasted on the wing and needs to keep off twitter

interesting stat from sky. His goal for us v Leeds was his first goal in 24 championship matches. PROLIFIC AT THIS LEVEL. How the flip did we think that?

granted he is playing out of position

He said that it was his first Championship goal in 24 games 'and that includes his time with QPR in the Premier League'. Top quality commentating.

He'd actually been 11 Championship games without one before he scored for us. 6 with us, 5 for Cardiff.

Sky, give me the job.

I dont tweet players but felt compelled to tweet to Bothroyd, everything is about him and what he's done. It's a team game FFS and he needs reminding of that. They dont need wrapping in cotton wool, when you see things like ' I did this, I set up this, I had shots' well foook me, it should be about the team and not what you do individually and seek praise for it.

I dont tweet players but felt compelled to tweet to Bothroyd, everything is about him and what he's done. It's a team game FFS and he needs reminding of that. They dont need wrapping in cotton wool, when you see things like ' I did this, I set up this, I had shots' well foook me, it should be about the team and not what you do individually and seek praise for it.

Think you've got to qualify that by saying he was responding to the abuse he'd had tonight by saying what he did in the game.

His tweet after the game was this:

Thanks to the travelling fans good support . I think we at a key time when we were on top very disappointed to say the least

Guest Arseowl

Why Bothroyd is still in the team I don't know (maybe like some ppl have mentioned its a clause in his loan that he must play but who really knows..) However I think we should support Barkley as he has had decent games for us and has scored goals. Bothroyd out and more time for Barkley I reckon..

Worst Wednesdayforward since Colin West. Pack your bags and wee wee off back to London, you lazy git.

Just for a simple comparison... Does anyone have access to pro zone stats comparing his work rate to other wingers and can we compare his work rate with that when he plays up front? Feel he's wasted out wide and want to see what playing him out wide does for his motivation and his effort whilst playing in a position he isn't used to

A panic signing that wasn't needed.

In fairness, he's not a winger. But the fact that we are playing him as a winger makes me feel that Dave Jones will play him anywhere - regardless of his standard of performance - to accomodate him in the team. Any other player would have been dropped 5 games ago.

Thing is, he was not even a panic signing, as we were second in league with 7 points out of 9 when he joined. Not blaming the downturn on him signing, but . . .

This is crazy, why single this guy out for such criticism? Were all the other players performances head and shoulders above his? He wasn't great, like pretty much every player out there. When he went off we were trailing to the league leaders by a goal that could easily have been avoided having matched them shot for shot. Did people even watch the game?