Jay F ing Bothroyd

Guest foreverSWFC

Bothroyd is premiership class

His desire is Sunday league .

What are you basing this on?

I've not seen one Premier League standard performance from him yet, he gets the simple things wrong, really is not as good as people make him out to be, it's not just down to laziness.

Who would we have put in in his place?

Jermaine Johnson? You know, the guy who held down that position at the start of the season when our performances were decent? When we were winning games? When we were competetive and creating chances? The guy who was booted onto the bench in order to accomodate Bothroyd?

You can argue that Bothroyd is a 'better' player all you want. But the fact is that Johnson would play that position better than Bothroyd.

I don't like singling out players but I've seen him 6 or 7 times now and he's been a waste of space in all but one of those games. For his reputation and likely salary he's been nowhere near good enough. Yes you can tell he's got class but work-rate, confidence and overall impact are hugely lacking.

Having said all that, this left-midfield role mystifies me. I'd give him a chance up front - but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on him suddenly looking the business.

Worst Wednesdayforward since Colin West. Pack your bags and wee wee off back to London, you lazy git.

You have to bear in mind he wasn't playing centre forward.

He is being wasted playing on the right. Playing up front, with a partner, he would have been the best player on the park.

Big time Charlie who thinks he is better than he is. Sooner he is gone the better lazy lazy lazy ***. Ultimately Dave Jones playing the loan players no matter how poorly will massively contribute to his downfall. Barkley is a good player but was awful tonight as well. Play mayor out wide stick rodeo off marine and lets be positive PLEASE

Jermaine Johnson? You know, the guy who held down that position at the start of the season when our performances were decent? When we were winning games? When we were competetive and creating chances? The guy who was booted onto the bench in order to accomodate Bothroyd?

You can argue that Bothroyd is a 'better' player all you want. But the fact is that Johnson would play that position better than Bothroyd.

Nail firmly on the head here ^^^^^

out of position. out of form. out of drive. hopefully out of Wednesday. there were encouraging signs against Leeds - but tonight's performance was abysmal, and sums up his loan spell thus far.

ey up wiley on this one i definately agree with you mate

Guest waistline ye diddle

First time I've seen him tonight. was sat there thinking 'I can see why everyone slags him off', his style is so laid back. Can tell he's got quality about him but he ain't no winger.

Impressed with Madine tonight. Won every header.

Guest totemowl

He'd run about a lot, give the ball away to concede just like he did on Tuesday, and leave us struggling at the back too often. Just like at the beginning of the season.

JJ has a place in this squad but only when it is a lot more resilient, perhaps when Reda's back in, but he is not the answer right now.

Guest Sheff Owl

With performances like what Bothroyd gives and continues to play, wouldn't blame any player for getting pissed off if they can't get a chance.

Is this a joke thread? On a night when nobody played particularly well, why single him out? He put some quality balls into the box, had three shots himself and was instrumental in setting up our goal Add to that, he would have cleared that near post cross that led to the third goal, something that he does every game Not saying he had great game but to single the guy out is just a flippingjoke in my opinion

Guest dux3100

He's decent in the air but slow, lazy and has no passion to play for SWFC. He's just seeing his time out here and anyone who thinks different is deluded!