£27 v £12

Guest Deleted member

Please be aware that if any Owls fans buy £12.00 tickets for the home end and then request to go into the away end, they will be ejected from the ground.

This info has come from a telephone call between SWFC and Boro' this morning.

Please be aware that if any Owls fans buy £12.00 tickets for the home end and then request to go into the away end, they will be ejected from the ground.

This info has come from a telephone call between SWFC and Boro' this morning.

That's even worse

Kinda understand where they are coming from BUT it's their making surely ?

Owlstalk Shop

Just sent a letter to Supporters Direct too... trying to establish who the correct FA contact is for this - as well as writing to Sheffield wednesday to establish the same.

Hi Nige, I believe in your efforts s you know. I do however feel though, that with such support, we should be asking our own club to flex her muscles in terms of our vastly superior purchasing power. .' . putting a little extra money back into the fans hands.

I noticed last season the droves of Blackpool fans intent on enjoying their Premiership away days. Contrast this with ther pathetic turnout the other night. Conversley, we could offer the whole away end for £100K which works out at about £15 a ticket, disposing of this how many do you want sale structure...That way fans are rewarded for their loyalty and charged premium prices if they travel in less numbers.

When faced with away trips our opening gambit should be " we'll take all you've got at £15 per head" With our number we're hardly going to get turned down. If the club won't or cant do it, let Wednesdayite take on the guise of being the away day booking agent.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

This is quite shameful, charging one group of fans 125% extra is out of order.

Maybe if anyone has any contacts at sky they could probably ask Middlesborough on your behalf, and I think it would make quite a reasonable story,

Also, it will give them something to talk about during the game.

Maybe if anyone has any contacts at sky they could probably ask Middlesborough on your behalf, and I think it would make quite a reasonable story,

sky wouldn't touch it with a barge pole

the fact they are responsible for the drop in attendances and change in KO times would look bad on them

Ill email them today and see what their response is, although I get a feeling they will say its nothing to do with them.

Guest pwilkysowls

it's not really the clubs fault, it's more the fault of the idiots who invented this idea.

we have to pay £15 more to watch the same game of football, that's absolutely disgusting & just plain wrong. so happy I haven't got a ticket for this, I feel sorry for those who have.

not really what i want to read feel sorry!!! im travelling to see the wednesday the team i love

its you i feel sorry for and all the other negative comments on attending games does my head in

not really what i want to read feel sorry!!! im travelling to see the wednesday the team i love

its you i feel sorry for and all the other negative comments on attending games does my head in

I think its more a case of wanting to be treat equally and not be ripped off

Guest pwilkysowls

awwww i just shredded a tear, so cute.

don't feel sorry for me either pal, go to most games but I'm not paying £27 for a night game on tv when it's £12 for home fans, joke.

who cares how much the home fans pay ?? it was always £27 for us tv or no tv night game or not

its wednesday thats all that matters to me win or lose pal i will continue to follow my team

hope your tv goes on the blink ha ha

Edited by pwilkysowls
Guest pwilkysowls

I think its more a case of wanting to be treat equally and not be ripped off

the point of my beef is fans posting negativity regards travelling to away games

depends how much swfc means to the individual i suppose

Guest pwilkysowls

I hope you get stuck in traffic & miss the whole game and can't even watch it on tv hahahahaha

hmm interesting comment strange! you are joking of course? ha! ha! ha! flipping ha!!
Guest Triplej2

Hi Nige, I believe in your efforts s you know. I do however feel though, that with such support, we should be asking our own club to flex her muscles in terms of our vastly superior purchasing power. .' . putting a little extra money back into the fans hands.

I noticed last season the droves of Blackpool fans intent on enjoying their Premiership away days. Contrast this with ther pathetic turnout the other night. Conversley, we could offer the whole away end for £100K which works out at about £15 a ticket, disposing of this how many do you want sale structure...That way fans are rewarded for their loyalty and charged premium prices if they travel in less numbers.

When faced with away trips our opening gambit should be " we'll take all you've got at £15 per head" With our number we're hardly going to get turned down. If the club won't or cant do it, let Wednesdayite take on the guise of being the away day booking agent.

I have to take issue with the bold bits here.

Hillsborough might be ok to be referred to in the feminine but not the club itself surely?? :biggrin:

Also, I though Blackpool's support was excellent in numbers and noise. Blackpool is a long flipping way from Sheffield, especially on a dark cold Tuesday night!!

Edited by Triplej2
Guest MiddlesbroughFan

Middlesbrough Fan in peace here guys.

Regarding this price mismatch, although i agree the rules seems unfair that one set of fans gets to see a game cheaper than the opposing set of fans, unfortuantely they are the rules.

Originally we'd priced this game at £27 for an adult for both home and away fans. Due to poor attendances at the Riverside, the club tried to find out why the turn out hasnt been great, and ticket prices was one of the major issues. In an attempt to entice more fans to the game (especially with it being on Sky), they've used this as on of 4 matches where by a club is allowed to do a promotional price for it's fans. We've lowered the prices in order to get more Boro fans into the stadium rather than watching it at home or in the pub.

It happened to us last season, I think it was the Bristol City away game. So not only did we have hundreds of miles to travel to attend, we had to pay full price where as Brizzle fans got their tickets cheaper.

Now i am not saying it is right that the offer doesn't extend to away support, and i believe it would be a gesture of goodwill to do so, but Middlesbrough have done nothing wrong, and nothing any other club can't do 4 times a season.

Guest thepinkponce

You should contact the FSF about this.

I did over an incident withWest Yorkshire police. The police backed down and my name was cleared. I was on bbc 5 live at 7am this morning. Did you hear me? I was the one wearing a Gary Barlow suit and smooth olive skin. You can come and meet me for a pint before the game on Friday. I'll be the one with the jeans hanging halfway down my arse and a skint tight t-shirt with pointy nipples.

You should contact the FSF about this.

I did over an incident withWest Yorkshire police. The police backed down and my name was cleared. I was on bbc 5 live at 7am this morning. Did you hear me? I was the one wearing a Gary Barlow suit and smooth olive skin. You can come and meet me for a pint before the game on Friday. I'll be the one with the jeans hanging halfway down my arse and a skint tight t-shirt with pointy nipples.

Your username would appear apt.