Sign in to follow this  
TaxiMark

Gary Cahill

Gary was in my year. If i remember right, the blades academy, the wednesday academy and the villa academy all wanted him when we were in year 7 and he went for villa. He used to play on the wing back then. Our school team went from pretty good to a bit poo poo when he wasnt allowed to play anymore. He was always a wednesday fan i think.

Guest Big Guns

He rocked up in at Dronfield Sports Centre in the summer wanting to use the gym, couldn't believe my eyes!

He came to see your bangers..

One of my favourite stories this.

Back in the days of 606 I remember having a gander on the Blades page after we'd beat them two nil at our place (Sodje & Tudgay?). Anyway, Cahill had been on loan with United and I think he'd just returned to Villa. This chap posts something like, 'not only did we get battered, I was sitting on their south stand so had to endure their fans giving it loads and the kick in the teeth was seeing Gary Cahill a few rows in front of me going mental and high fiving all his Wednesday mates when they scored their second '.

LAD

This is true.

He did well for that lot on loan, went back to Villa, then cheered us on in the derby as we beat the pigs.

Their fans were NOT happy!

Gary was in my year. If i remember right, the blades academy, the wednesday academy and the villa academy all wanted him when we were in year 7 and he went for villa. He used to play on the wing back then. Our school team went from pretty good to a bit poo poo when he wasnt allowed to play anymore. He was always a wednesday fan i think.

Wise choice. He wouldnt be half the player had he gone into the weds academy.

i was in the same school team as pressy, we had a good side. he was bigger than the rest of us.... so he got noticed!

Was that the only reason he got noticed...or was it due to the fact he was good?? I can sense a few sour grapes!!

Our scouts clearly couldnt be arsed to do their jobs properly could they?

Nor did Martin O'Neil then...

Interesting to see Cahill and Jagielka together at the back for England.

He's 100% an Owl, my sister used to go out with him when he was about 12 bless him, top lad know the family well too

And that's correct about the academy's too, maybe if wed's had sorted there poo poo out a bit better back in the dark period we could of seen him in the blue and white

100% an owl. As the poster said above, he went to Villa really early on about 11 or 12 after playing in the world famous black and white of AFC Dronfield!

And that's correct about the academy's too, maybe if wed's had sorted there poo poo out a bit better back in the dark period we could of seen him in the blue and white

I doubt it. But we might have seen him.

*shakes head in despair*

shared the same 'local' as our bri for many a year(till the turn of the century).we played in the same cricket team, my best mate (RIP) married bri's niece. he is a salesman at gilder honda woodseats nowadays. top man indeed

Nige, you were a better cricketer then footy player and I'll tell Kerrie you said Hi !

Back in the days of 606 I remember having a gander on the Blades page after we'd beat them two nil at our place (Sodje & Tudgay?). Anyway, Cahill had been on loan with United and I think he'd just returned to Villa. This chap posts something like, 'not only did we get battered, I was sitting on their south stand so had to endure their fans giving it loads and the kick in the teeth was seeing Gary Cahill a few rows in front of me going mental and high fiving all his Wednesday mates when they scored their second '.

LAD

:ghoulguy: Go Gary go, ha.

Nige, you were a better cricketer then footy player and I'll tell Kerrie you said Hi !

and i was crap at cricket!!!!!!! :ghoulguy:

ps/ pass on my best regards to kez (and family) for me please

LAD

We were sat/stood just in front of him

and i was crap at cricket!!!!!!! :ghoulguy:

ps/ pass on my best regards to kez (and family) for me please

Will do mate

just he's not really that arsed about supporting a team but prefers us... like Kell Brook with utd

And you know that how ?

100% Owl

gary megson invited him as a special guest at a game last season or towards end of previous season.

Forget which game it was.

dronfields full er pigs

dint used to be, we had a dronfield owls club/coach back in the day... pigs didn't