Daniel Jones

Clearly, injuries and bans for Reda and Mattock brought him into the team - he's doing his best to keep his place. Good for him!

You can't say fairer than that. He has done well in the last few games and deserves his place in the side at the moment. Let's hope he can keep it up.

Guest foreverSWFC

No goals against us come as a result of crosses or passes from Jones area of the pitch

Except the four free kicks we gave away in the same position down that right on the edge of the box. If Ipswich weren't so poo poo we would have been punished for them. Jones gave away three of the four.

I'd much prefer Reda at left back, more confident with him at the back, Jones is shaky in possession.

Guest Big Guns

No goals against us come as a result of crosses or passes from Jones area of the pitch

That's cos we won 3-0 ,no goals game against us from any areas of the pitch...

Except the four free kicks we gave away in the same position down that right on the edge of the box. If Ipswich weren't so poo poo we would have been punished for them. Jones gave away three of the four.

I'd much prefer Reda at left back, more confident with him at the back, Jones is shaky in possession.

I don't understand the 'Reda is a better right back' comments. He can be a liability at times. His positioning skills let him and us down. That said, his attacking threat is good and he chips in with goals. However, there's no point in a player scoring if he is going to contribute to us conceding goals too.

I don't understand the 'Reda is a better right back' comments. He can be a liability at times. His positioning skills let him and us down. That said, his attacking threat is good and he chips in with goals. However, there's no point in a player scoring if he is going to contribute to us conceding goals too.

Oops, sorry, I meant left back....blush

How do you know we would have been punished? Quite simply you don't but never stop that you from doing what you do best , outlandish statements based on nothiing but your own thoughts,

The first half freekicks didn't trouble the defence as the lot were over hit, how do you do they wouldn't have coped with it.

After the defence comes Kirkland, how do you know ge wouldn't have saved it.

Also Jones wasn't the cause for all the freekicks, poor officiating caused atleast three, the dive past Gardner, the handball from about 2 yards and the winger smashing the ball away with no way of retrieving the ball so promptly ran straight into Jones but was on the way down before hitting him.

Jones did ok and as the game went on his confidence grew and he got better. His clearances need working on and distribution but these should improve as his confidence grows. He also put in a pearly of a cross. The yellow card he took showed me he does have some knowledge of playing left back.

He has the spot now, he has pace, he can tackle. He needs to work on his strength and timing aswell as his belief in himself,

He might end up being our first choice leftback but it is entriely down to him. If he puts the wok in and doesn't become fisrt choice then atleast he can hold his head high. If he doesn't then we don't want players like that anyway.

I'd love to say the criticism is unfair, but it takes some defending........up until now.

We have a need at left back. If Jones can fill it and not be a weak link I won't complain, I don't advocate offering him a new deal yet, but he HAS improved last few games.

let's hope he's improving and not just playing for a new contract...

if he has pace, and he has without doubt...

and a brain in his head, and willing to learn...

HE CAN MAKE A F/B, AND A BLOODY GOOD ONE TOO...

we've not had much to call anything at l/f/b for some time, and he's playing at a higher level...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DAN JONES...

AND THAT GOES FOR THE COACHING STAFF TOO...

Guest TonyOwl88

His life here was always made difficult by boo boys, but he has potential. Just as well he got his chance this season because he's been doing us a job.

Guest foreverSWFC

How do you know we would have been punished? Quite simply you don't but never stop that you from doing what you do best , outlandish statements based on nothiing but your own thoughts,

The first half freekicks didn't trouble the defence as the lot were over hit, how do you do they wouldn't have coped with it.

After the defence comes Kirkland, how do you know ge wouldn't have saved it.

Also Jones wasn't the cause for all the freekicks, poor officiating caused atleast three, the dive past Gardner, the handball from about 2 yards and the winger smashing the ball away with no way of retrieving the ball so promptly ran straight into Jones but was on the way down before hitting him.

Jones did ok and as the game went on his confidence grew and he got better. His clearances need working on and distribution but these should improve as his confidence grows. He also put in a pearly of a cross. The yellow card he took showed me he does have some knowledge of playing left back.

He has the spot now, he has pace, he can tackle. He needs to work on his strength and timing aswell as his belief in himself,

He might end up being our first choice leftback but it is entriely down to him. If he puts the wok in and doesn't become fisrt choice then atleast he can hold his head high. If he doesn't then we don't want players like that anyway.

We would have been punished though, against stronger opposition at least 1 of those 4 free kicks would have resulted in a goal. If Michael Tonge had been standing over the ball, it would have troubled the keeper or troubled the defender, fortunately for us Ipswich were incredibly wasteful on four separate occasions in extremely inviting areas of the pitch.

Have you not learnt anything from the losing run we were on? Mistakes will lead to goals and punishment in this league, you can't afford to give away stupid free kicks away in dangerous positions. We did and like I've said Ipswich wasted them and failed to make it count, we were fairly lucky.

We would have been punished though, against stronger opposition at least 1 of those 4 free kicks would have resulted in a goal. If Michael Tonge had been standing over the ball, it would have troubled the keeper or troubled the defender, fortunately for us Ipswich were incredibly wasteful on four separate occasions in extremely inviting areas of the pitch.

Have you not learnt anything from the losing run we were on? Mistakes will lead to goals and punishment in this league, you can't afford to give away stupid free kicks away in dangerous positions. We did and like I've said Ipswich wasted them and failed to make it count, we were fairly lucky.

Are you sure it is 1 in 4 though and not 1 in 3 or maybe 1 in 5, **** me what if it is 1 in 2? Panic!!!