Sheffield Wednesday's fastest player EVER

Guest taffowl71

Warhurst

Im pretty sure i remember an official. fastest player in the football league award early 90s pre premier league. Our entrant was paul warhurst. I think the heats were at the Rover Valley stadium & it was on St & Greavsie or football focus or

the equivalent at the time,

I seem to remember Adrian Littlejohn winning it. Must have been 1991-92 because prem started season after & warhurst came in summer 91

Im pretty sure i remember an official. fastest player in the football league award early 90s pre premier league. Our entrant was paul warhurst. I think the heats were at the Rover Valley stadium & it was on St & Greavsie or football focus or

the equivalent at the time,

I seem to remember Adrian Littlejohn winning it. Must have been 1991-92 because prem started season after & warhurst came in summer 91

It's on youtube. IIRC Warhurst came 4th easing up. No idea why unless it was just a heat? :tango:

Edit: found it!

Edited by Almat

Guest Paulos_Medication

Can you imagine a race between rob and Andy booth, like two tortoises chasing a a piece of lettuce

Brilliant. The BBC would need to draft the snooker guys in to do the commentary.

The sprint thing was won, I believe, by John Williams, the fastest postman in football. He later signed for Coventry where he was sh*t, before settling into a career writing film scores.

I remember him and he was proper quick. I'm going to show my age now but fastest English player I've ever seen was Steve Kindon. (still think Henry was fastest player I've ever seen).

I remember him and he was proper quick. I'm going to show my age now but fastest English player I've ever seen was Steve Kindon. (still think Henry was fastest player I've ever seen).

The first time Giggs played at Hillsborough he was ridiculous, I think that's the fastest I've seen.

The sprint thing was won, I believe, by John Williams, the fastest postman in football. He later signed for Coventry where he was sh*t, before settling into a career writing film scores.

That video is also on Youtube. He was slow to start with and then really burst through at the end. In the studio they said Des Walker was probably quickest at the time though but was playing in the Rumbelows final so couldn't take part in any half time fun.

That video is also on Youtube. He was slow to start with and then really burst through at the end. In the studio they said Des Walker was probably quickest at the time though but was playing in the Rumbelows final so couldn't take part in any half time fun.

I remember they thought that Keith Curle was going to win. KEITH CURLE.

Leon Clarke was faster than JJ, Simek said it when commentating for radio sheffield away at crystal palace a few years ago!

I remember that too. Again it's probably the case that Leon was fastest over 100m rather than ten yards whilst controlling the ball.

Also for all the jokes many are making on here Megson said Rob Jones was up the front when the squad went running whist some of our outfield players trailed behind the goalkeepers. Also said RJ had the best muscle to fat ratio in the squad.