Sheffield Wednesday's fastest player EVER

loved banno one of my fav players of all time, shame his missis wanted to move to london stupid cow, but warhurst for me

Bizarre, random Banno factoid - one of his legs was 1.5 inches shorter than the other, but if you are a glass half full type one of his legs was 1.5 inches longer than the other.

PS Hope I haven't dreamt this..... :ghoulguy:

Edited by Almat

That physio was pretty quick. Memory is failing. Was it Alan Smith? He'd run like flip but his arms wouldn't be moving. :biggrin:

Many years ago, Alan Smith used to train in the Wednesday gym with my brother in law who said he was the fittest bloke he had ever encountered.

Guest Go For It Owl

Franz Carr

Franz Carr

Remember gunna Liverpool in the 90's and our forward line was Franz Carr - Dalian Atkinson and Hirsty !

Got to be th fastest forward line in wednesdays history

Here I am boring old fart usually bestowing the virtues of our 60's lads. Not this time, Colin Dobson and Don Megson were our fastest, though Peter Swann had cracking pace running backwards.

However, 100 meter times don't matter in football, it what a player can do over 5,10, 15 or 20 meters that makes the difference and I would have to say our most lethal speed merchants have been Hirst, JJ, Warhurst and and Dalien Atkinson but not in any particular order.

Warhurst I'd go with. Master stroke putting him upfront from CB.

Hirsty was no slouch either. That goal against Hull City 5-1. Hirsty had everything .............. complete striker in his prime.

I hope i haven't dreamt this but i remember him scoring one against Man City at Hillsborough after he picked up the ball on the half way line and just outpaced the defenders and scored? Was when Reid was their manager, i believe...

Edit: here it is! PS nowhere near Warhurst's pace btw bus strong as an ox and a great finisher.

Edited by Almat

Guest Briscoe Inferno

John Sheridan - but his fastest moment was when he bossed the game from the centre circle for Oldham aged 65...

He was 10 yards quicker in his head than anyone else on the pitch.

Oh - and the one with the most pace was Des Walker.