The curious case of Chris Maguire

Guest Sheff Owl

Where have i said just chuck him in?

The guy can't get a friggin look in yet what are the rest of the Strikers doing? apart from O'Grady.

We pay 300k or so for Maguire and just seemed to have chucked him on the scrap heap, it's not like we are flush with money.

But you know what yeah fine lets not look at something different and keep going like this.

You need to calm down. Did I mention you by name? Did I quote your post? I was making a generic point about this kind of simplistic principle.

It's something that has happened repeatedly in the last few weeks and many, many times down the years.

Every single game is one of billions of variables. Part of the problem is that people treat football like it's one of those chess puzzles in the newspapers - white wins in six moves. It simply isn't like that and never will be.

Fans will continue to do what they always do - see what's not being done and insist that's the solution. It could be a change of formation, position, player or manager. If that doesn't work they pretend it was a stupid idea all along and one they never agreed with.

You need to get it out of your head that there is somehow an easy answer to everything.

I don't think anyone has suggested Maguire is the solution.

Guest Sheff Owl

You need to calm down. Did I mention you by name? Did I quote your post? I was making a generic point about this kind of simplistic principle.

It's something that has happened repeatedly in the last few weeks and many, many times down the years.

I am calm.

Well seen as i started the thread it seemed like it was aimed towards me.

Like i said i am curious as to what is going on with him.

Guest TonyOwl88

I have a theory that he told dave Jones he wanted to play up front with Chris O'Grady, and subsequently never played again.

All I know is he's great on FIFA 13...

tbh i don't think the inclusion of maguire will make any difference ,even though as rightly said he deserves a chance, to many mistakes are happening for any one player to change it ,these good on paper players are just that ,good on paper ,the trick is to convert that strength onto the pitch and sadly for us it just aint happening ,why i don't know but the infighting and lack of producing on the pitch speaks to me of some other reason we are not privy to ,just my observation on things ,may be off the mark but thats how i see it ,

Guest walang

I thought Chris Maguire was more than decent though, I have to say, only saw him for Portsmouth V Southampton in their usual grudge match last season.

If you have 'player' , check out the goal he scored in that match as it was awesome.

Can't believe that DCFC were prepared to let him go !

I have DCFC fans in my family and they laughed/thanked me for us buying him...if that helps

My girlfriend's family are Derby fans and they said he had potential, but wasn't given a fair chance. However, they also said he likes a drink or two.

Edited by AltyOwl

Guest Ripley Owl

I have DCFC fans in my family and they laughed/thanked me for us buying him...if that helps

Most of my mates are Derby fans and were gutted when we signed him.

They said his face didn't fit and Clough never gave him a chance.