Our midfield concerns me

Guest Big Guns

Same way some of you turn up late (pissed), leave early before half time, come back late from half time, leave before final whistle and spend the entire time you ARE in the ground waving your hands around at the West Stand like fannies instead of watching the game

Ta

So you don't really watch it then

Ta

The two young lads were too deep leaving COG isolated and it was 2 or 3 players round him all the time - one of them should have pushed up to help COG wich would have been fine because Semedo was sitting deep to cover.

This ^^^

Also Antonio was the only constant support for COG until he was knackerd , 5 men midfield allows at least 2 to get forward when we are attacking and we just did not do that , are Barkley and Bothroyd good enough ... undoubtedly.

have they got the desire to do it for us ..... not convinced .

I don't think it is harsh. I've been constructive, I don't see anyone slating Rhys or being abusive. McCabe is clearly a very talented laddie and I've been impressed with how well he has slotted in and adapted to Championship football, but unfortunately he just hasn't been making an impact and that is stretching back a number of games now. His set pieces aren't good enough, they're nearly always wasted, he hasn't created much from open play, he hasn't looked like scoring himself, and whilst he always makes himself available and he passes the ball well and retains possession most of the time, he isn't really stamping his authority on games.

You ask the question who gets left out? For me on current form it's McCabe. I'm sure he will be a top player for us in the future, but for me at the moment he isn't cutting the mustard. It's time to give someone else a game and let him knuckle down in training and work on his game.

We can't have two Semedo types in midfield and Jose is a better ball winner and foil. We need creativity and McCabe isn't providing it.

Though I usually agree with you mate, I wont on this one.

If anything I believe that McCabe has been our most consistent central midfielder this season, as well as one offering the best balance of attacking/defensive display.

I still believe that 4-51/4-3-3 formation can work very well for us if everyone does his bit (like they did away at Burnley), but if we decide to play 4-4-2, then I would hace McCabe and Semedo at CM with Barkley wide left. He would be happy with less defensive duties, and chance to beat his man and cut in on his right boot.

0 goals 1 assist. Sorry mate but it's not a great contribution

I dont think we can decide this one on statistics alone. If anything for one reason or another he plays way to deep, and even from that position he was often one of our more creative players.

What Barkley showed more then McCabe did in his time here ? Great potential ?! Sure, but so did McCabe. And why Semedo deserves to get picked every week without really doing anything of note.

I'm not saying that McCabe played amazingly well this season, but in my opinion he was better then those other two. I'm not even saying that he didn't do some rushed mistakes, but so did Barkley, and certainly Semedo.