Thoughts on Dave Jones signings..

Guest Sheff Owl

On paper, good signings, better than what we had before, but the proof is how they work together as a team and at the moment that does not look so good.

If DJ can't find a way to make these work as a team then both us and him are deep in the proverbial. Given Milan's trigger finger, it may even be too late for DJ already.

Unfortunately, on grass, most of them are proving to be no improvement at all.

Guest Bigals

McCabe is a good player

Maguire............couldnt understand why he wanted him and now it seems DJ has realised hes no good

He seems good at acquiring average centre backs, Gardner, Taylor, Liera are all average. Personally I like Lieras commitment and he scores a few.

I think DJ has 3 games..........3 wins and he stays, 3 losses and hes gone

Megson was winning when he got sacked

Corry - Waste of wages AGAIN!!!. We are playing 4-3-3 and we have no centre midfield options bar Mayor in the middle and we have this guy not challenging our team. Why not go for Oliver Norwood or someone like that. He is younger. He has a Man United education rather than some Irish Uni and has the rudiments to play professional football. It is not Paul Corry's fault he isn't good enough. Every man in our squad should be capable of coming into the team and doing a job. If he isn't at that level he should be loaned out to somewhere he can do a job. 3/10

has he played? harsh to call him a waste of wages, pal...only a young kid and there are clearly others in front of him in the pecking order as you stated yourself - rating barkley and mccabe above him, and keeping in mind we have semedo in the middle already...

People on here are missing the point, look at the list, there are too many new signings, we came up with a team that was full of confidence and flying, yes we needed 3 or 4 new signings who needed to be eased into the team slowly, but certainly not this many. The Baath situation really concerns me, proven young and available, yet Jones decides he isn't good enough, to me he should have been target no. 1, closely followed by Antonio. Mcabe seems to be a good signing, but the rest i'm yet to be convinced. Loan signings are always risky, you never know what has been agreed with their clubs and can be more or less guaranteed a start every week. Taylor is shocking, Gardener and Kirkland have poor injury records. Mattock should be nowhere near the team now after foolishly getting sent off against Huddersfield. Lee for some reason, despite having signed him DJ now decides he doesn't like him. Mayor has never been given a chance, so why sign him. Pecnic shouldn't be here, maybe a MM signing. Maguire poor at Derby and now poor here.

No wonder morale is low, players who had done a good job in getting us promoted now not even getting a chance.

How must Madine be feeling, last years top scorer

How must JJ be feeling, plays out of position at RB then is dropped today