Thoughts on Dave Jones signings..

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

So with 10 games gone (i know not 10 for some) what's your thoughts on who he has brought in..

Impressed or shouldn't have bothered?

Rodri

Kirkland

Gardner

Mattock

Barkley

Bothroyd

McCabe

Antonio (to an extent even tho he was brought in by GM)

Lee

Maguire

Mayor

Pecnik

Taylor

Corry

For me the stand out signing so far has been McCabe without a doubt.

On paper, good signings, better than what we had before, but the proof is how they work together as a team and at the moment that does not look so good.

If DJ can't find a way to make these work as a team then both us and him are deep in the proverbial. Given Milan's trigger finger, it may even be too late for DJ already.

Guest intercity0wl

Not really had much real dosh to splash has he, other than Antonio, just enough to bring in the kids, and the others we have fetched in, who didn't exactly have clubs queueing up did they, the amount of ambition that was spouted from upon high has not been matched by hard cash, we are where we probablky should be on finances spent.

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest Sheff Owl

Maguire is a really funny one..

For a club that hasn't go too much money to spend 300k is a lot of money for a player to be sat in the stand.

Something doesn't seem quite right.

Dave Jones said on signing him that he watched him numerous times and kept and eye on him, didn't we make a couple of bids too?

So it's not like we didn't know anything about him.

Guest Sheff Owl

Lee looked decent on his debut even with Dave Jones saying before he is struggling to make the step up.

Certainly proved him wrong in that game but it's one game, still get the feeling he doesn't fancy him.

Rodri - Hit & Miss, dont know if he's come to the right club to be honest.

Kirkland - Pretty decent, been let down a few times by some defending but on the whole not bad.

Gardner - Not a great start with an injury but getting better every game, very solid today.

Mattock - Okay, not bad, not great.

Barkley - Just a kid, makes the odd wrong decision but will be a serious player one day and an Everton regular in the next few years.

Bothroyd - His extra quality is starting to show despite being played out of position, very good last couple of games.

McCabe - Pick of the bunch, glad he's on a long term deal

Antonio - When he's good he's brilliant, when he's bad its painful, should prove a good signing overall though.

Lee - Looked decent, not played enough to judge yet.

Maguire - Baffling, no idea whats going on with this lad.

Mayor - Time will tell.

Pecnik - I refuse to believe he's Jones' signing, has cheap Mandaric gamble written all over it, poor.

Taylor - Dreadful, and he knows it.

Corry - Didnt see him play, surely one for the future, time will tell.

Edited by leea8331

Too many players who don't like doing the dirty work, not enough balance. Needed a Keith Treacey type winger who will give a great supply. A few too many gambles. Needed tried and tested championship players like Norris and Clayton.

Really like Mcabe though.

Edited by Fedor

Guest Sheff Owl

When you look at that list its awfully long by anyones standard.From the ones who are actually our players Mayor Antonio and Kirkland will end up the best three for me.

Add McCabe to that list.

Mayor is a cracking player - seems to be only given 5 minute cameo appearances at the moment.

Guest swfcadz

always annoys me when teams sign players but dont give them a chance specially us maguire corry mayor at least give these players a chance to prove themselves waste of time for them to be signed aqt a club but arent used waste of money and time

Guest OutandOutOwl

Rodri - Quality for first game but poor since. Waste of a striker slot and wages as well. -5/10

Kirkland - Best signing, top class keeper. Has been let down by poor defensive errors in front of him. 8/10

Gardner - Solid defender as he proved today. No mistakes. 7/10.

Mattock - Has been bit mixed. Needs run of games at LB 6/10.

Barkley - Has more talent that anyone in our squad but often uses it wrong. He tried to take people on and often got caught in possession. 7/10

Bothroyd -First few games I thought no sent him back but I am warming to him. Seems better in this position. 6/10

McCabe - Best outfield player. Young and confident on the ball. Great aquisition. One of only players with a clue. 8/10

Antonio - Has had mixed season. He can be good, but compared to Sako, Zaha and a few others in this league £1m spent on him looks expensive. He has been main threat though. 7/10

Lee - Solid in one game I saw him. 6/10

Maguire - Not in squad, never starts. Costing us £400k plus about £6k a week. Waste of wages. 4/10

Mayor - Not really challenging squad. Brought on too late in games to do anything. Waste of £100k plus about £4k a week wages. Seems a stupid signing to me. Better options available. - 4/10

Pecnik - He is an enigma alrite, but he hasn't performed for us. Not a bad sub option but he looks crap without the ball and toothless near opposition half. 5/10

Taylor - Right sort of signing for CB but has been poor so far. 5/10

Corry - Waste of wages AGAIN!!!. We are playing 4-3-3 and we have no centre midfield options bar Mayor in the middle and we have this guy not challenging our team. Why not go for Oliver Norwood or someone like that. He is younger. He has a Man United education rather than some Irish Uni and has the rudiments to play professional football. It is not Paul Corry's fault he isn't good enough. Every man in our squad should be capable of coming into the team and doing a job. If he isn't at that level he should be loaned out to somewhere he can do a job. 3/10

Edited by OutandOutOwl

Guest JamesG_UTO

So with 10 games gone (i know not 10 for some) what's your thoughts on who he has brought in..

Rodri

Kirkland

Gardner

Mattock

Barkley

Bothroyd

McCabe

Antonio (to an extent even tho he was brought in by GM)

Lee

Maguire

Mayor

Pecnik

Taylor

Corry

For me the stand out signing so far has been McCabe without a doubt.

Antonio is god

Guest TonyOwl88

I think Antonio is great... but he's really more of a Megson signing

erm.... Pecnik might adapt to be a quality player.

McCabe probably has some potential.

The rest might as well not have bothered coming... either because they are crap, or because they will never get a game.