Poor ticket sales for Sat, is it the prices, form or both?

Guest zac.leeds

I sort of 'forgot' the rest of the pigs collection we have amongst our ranks.. To be fair this season they have done the job for us..

Anyway no love in of course.. Good luck tomorrow and roll on 19th ( I am in the upper tier, so not an armchair fan spouting off)

Depending on where you sit,its around 18 euros to watch top flight german clubs,a little less in the division below the equivilant of our championship,adult tickets were around 9 quid last season,kids were less than half price,plus your ticket includes FREE public transport to AND from the game.I was at the duisberg v dusseldorf game in the fan area last season,tuns of english fans go to german games,saw everton,liverpool,leeds even a norwich city fan at the game,more and more english fans visit german stadiums,thier present at most games,its a cracking atmosphere,beers flow THROUGHOUT the game,no trouble.

The downside is,most of the investment in the clubs comes out of local councils funds,like dusseldorf who got over 100 million in stadium improvement subsidy,likewise in cologne 15 mins away,even munich have had a hefty council sub.

Theres fewer foriegn players,so more homegrown lads with a strong emphasis on youth sides,and EUFA qualified coaches are plentifull,the other upside is that clubs there are less prone to debt,those that do fall into debt get really severe penalties and demotions.

And therein lies the problem. I'm a Leeds Utd supporter and Bates knows that no matter how much he shafts us, there is a hardcore of "morons", to quote Ken himself, that will continue to pay. Wednesdays will have a similar harcore "Golden Goose" of supporters who, regardless of how disgruntled they become, cannot bring themselves to stop at home on a Saturday afternoon. There is a sizeable chunk of Leeds' potential support that will not pay anything to support Bates. Some will only go to away games. I admire them, I really do, because deep down, if all of us had the same conviction, our management would have no option but to reduce ticket prices. But we moan and chunter and swear never to go again, but we do. Its in our blood. Wednesdays and Leeds enjoy great, loyal support, and it is that continued loyalty that will be exploited ad infinitum.

As a rare show of principle, I decided that as Bates was fleecing me enough with £530 for my season ticket, I would boycott the Everton game. I stopped at home and watched it on the telly, feeling guilty for the entire 90 minutes for doing so and at the end of the game, I had missed a memorable performance but had I achieved anything?....I think not.

Never mind, its Barnsley at home on Saturday.....I need serious f***ing help.

Yup, being told exactly the same thing by all my leeds friends.. No matter how much Bates puts up the prices theres always that set of fans who will go whatever for the reasons you mentioned above. From a business point of view Bates has got it spot on, charging the highest prices possible and still managing to get good crowds. Not surprised Leeds have sold out, definitely have one of the best (if not the best) away support in the league.

Should be a good game on the 19th and one im much looking forward to, gonna enjoy the banter with my leeds mates before and after (providing we win).

I really dont get the people who say "I'm not going because we're playing sh!t"...we support SWFC for god sake, if you want to see a team play beautiful football and win every week, then go and support Man U or City. This is hardly bad is it ? I've seen us play much worst in the past !

we all have, but not at £28 a chuck...

and it cost me £5 to park in fletcher's old car park, again the club appearing to be the recipient...

Edited by dnhc

Depending on where you sit,its around 18 euros to watch top flight german clubs,a little less in the division below the equivilant of our championship,adult tickets were around 9 quid last season,kids were less than half price,plus your ticket includes FREE public transport to AND from the game.I was at the duisberg v dusseldorf game in the fan area last season,tuns of english fans go to german games,saw everton,liverpool,leeds even a norwich city fan at the game,more and more english fans visit german stadiums,thier present at most games,its a cracking atmosphere,beers flow THROUGHOUT the game,no trouble.

The downside is,most of the investment in the clubs comes out of local councils funds,like dusseldorf who got over 100 million in stadium improvement subsidy,likewise in cologne 15 mins away,even munich have had a hefty council sub.

Theres fewer foriegn players,so more homegrown lads with a strong emphasis on youth sides,and EUFA qualified coaches are plentifull,the other upside is that clubs there are less prone to debt,those that do fall into debt get really severe penalties and demotions.

it's no use us trying to compare ourselves with the german model...

here it's likely some f***er would have their hands in the till of the hefty council sub...

or stab the system in the back, to bring back good old free enterprise, and the right to choose...

and end up with another banking crisis, and/or pension scam...

90% of the present trouble within the eec is 'cos some shady bast*ard has been cookin the books...

politicians have the reputation of being willing to rob their grandma, you'd not see a quarter of the council sub here...