Poor ticket sales for Sat, is it the prices, form or both?

Guest Big Guns

Yes,you have a problem with the older supporters,you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

No way infact I've even fingered Nannan ;)

Football crowds are really down this year I've noticed, Townend Owl made a good point about the German model, they still have standing, they don't have the big named players like in the Premiership or La Liga, but they can still produce decent teams, see Man City v Dortmund.

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Under 10's should be £5. Some of them don't understand the game (they're young and thick as a bag of poo poo) but hopefully they're the ones who will turn out when we're all gone with the pope.

Just looked up Wikipedia and it says TSV were founded May 1860.

Looked up Notts County and it says They are the oldest of all the clubs in the world that are now professional, having been formed in 1862

Who is fibbing?

TSV is a sporting club, the football division wasn't formed until 1899

Correct, and regarding the former post, it could be argued that we were formed in 1820.

Middlesborough are an example of what lies ahead for most Football League clubs.

There home crowds are shocking, bearing in mind they have no parachute payments this season and with Financial Fair Play rules restricting the amount chairmen can plough into the club, they may not be seen in the Premier League again.

Teams like Wednesday, Derby and more so Leeds United, who charge extremely high prices but have 20k+ hardcore that are happy to pay, will, at some point in the next five years return to the Premier League and stay there.

More fans paying less doesn't make good business sense in this league.

And therein lies the problem. I'm a Leeds Utd supporter and Bates knows that no matter how much he shafts us, there is a hardcore of "morons", to quote Ken himself, that will continue to pay. Wednesdays will have a similar harcore "Golden Goose" of supporters who, regardless of how disgruntled they become, cannot bring themselves to stop at home on a Saturday afternoon. There is a sizeable chunk of Leeds' potential support that will not pay anything to support Bates. Some will only go to away games. I admire them, I really do, because deep down, if all of us had the same conviction, our management would have no option but to reduce ticket prices. But we moan and chunter and swear never to go again, but we do. Its in our blood. Wednesdays and Leeds enjoy great, loyal support, and it is that continued loyalty that will be exploited ad infinitum.

As a rare show of principle, I decided that as Bates was fleecing me enough with £530 for my season ticket, I would boycott the Everton game. I stopped at home and watched it on the telly, feeling guilty for the entire 90 minutes for doing so and at the end of the game, I had missed a memorable performance but had I achieved anything?....I think not.

Never mind, its Barnsley at home on Saturday.....I need serious f***ing help.

And therein lies the problem. I'm a Leeds Utd supporter and Bates knows that no matter how much he shafts us, there is a hardcore of "morons", to quote Ken himself, that will continue to pay. Wednesdays will have a similar harcore "Golden Goose" of supporters who, regardless of how disgruntled they become, cannot bring themselves to stop at home on a Saturday afternoon. There is a sizeable chunk of Leeds' potential support that will not pay anything to support Bates. Some will only go to away games. I admire them, I really do, because deep down, if all of us had the same conviction, our management would have no option but to reduce ticket prices. But we moan and chunter and swear never to go again, but we do. Its in our blood. Wednesdays and Leeds enjoy great, loyal support, and it is that continued loyalty that will be exploited ad infinitum.

As a rare show of principle, I decided that as Bates was fleecing me enough with £530 for my season ticket, I would boycott the Everton game. I stopped at home and watched it on the telly, feeling guilty for the entire 90 minutes for doing so and at the end of the game, I had missed a memorable performance but had I achieved anything?....I think not.

Lots of valid points, however drop the 's' on end of Wednesday. I thought only Donny fans did that

Good post mate, welcome to Owlstalk.

How many have you sold for our Friday game?

Lots of valid points, however drop the 's' on end of Wednesday. I thought only Donny fans did that

To be honest, i know a fair few (older) Owls who speaketh this way. :st2:

Guest zac.leeds

Leeds fan in peace.. Re the game on 19th.. Not sure how many we have sold yet. Know it's mentioned 5k but think that's the amount of tickets we now received, got given top tier and sold out, now given seats in lower tier, although I would have thought top + bottom tier would be more than 5k total? Know game is on Sky but given there I'd break after this weekend, allows for plenty more home and away tickets which will mean it being the highest gate in the league so far this season! Will be boosted by decent results for both this weekend.. Can show the Tv support a good old skool Yorkshire Derby!

Leeds fan in peace.. Re the game on 19th.. Not sure how many we have sold yet. Know it's mentioned 5k but think that's the amount of tickets we now received, got given top tier and sold out, now given seats in lower tier, although I would have thought top + bottom tier would be more than 5k total? Know game is on Sky but given there I'd break after this weekend, allows for plenty more home and away tickets which will mean it being the highest gate in the league so far this season! Will be boosted by decent results for both this weekend.. Can show the Tv support a good old skool Yorkshire Derby!

Bloody hell, top tier sold out? fair play.

Guest zac.leeds

A good few thousand simply won't go to Leeds home games because it's had it's soul ripped out by Bates.. But away it's pretty much sold out every allocation whatever the allocation (know owls are pretty similiar on that)..

Sure the added presence of a warnock who I am finally Warming too will had some spice to the occasion..

Welcome mate. Sounds like you will sell out then (as expected).

A good few thousand simply won't go to Leeds home games because it's had it's soul ripped out by Bates.. But away it's pretty much sold out every allocation whatever the allocation (know owls are pretty similiar on that)..

Sure the added presence of a warnock who I am finally Warming too will had some spice to the occasion..

Warnock, Kenny, Brown, Tonge. No doubt will get a warm reception lol