Poor ticket sales for Sat, is it the prices, form or both?

Guest mpinkie182

Price. I have never understood this as a fan, surely it would be better to cut the cost of the tickets to fill the stadium or at least draw in more people during a game. would more spectators paying cheaper prices be on par with the income anyway as less paying more?

Would you really get 35k though at those prices? 19,000 inc away fans @ �10 = �190,000.

More likely 29k (at a push). 13,000 inc away fans @ �10 = �130,000.

As it is now, 8,000 inc away @ �28 = �224,000

This isn't about increasing the number of fans anymore, more to do with maximising revenues from the people who will pay over the odds each match.

I think you're absolutely spot on with this, in my opinion clubs will just keep pushing the prices up until they find the point where they've gone too far and revenues start to fall @ that point they'll trim the prices back to attract a few more fans through the door and tell us what a bargain football is. To put the prices in perspective a good number of years ago I was chatting to an old fan [sadly passed away now] and he was reminiscing about the good old days, he said " it used to cost me 5 shillings to stand on the kop, bitter was 2 shillings a pint" so for the price of 2 1/2 pints he could attend a match. So very roughly in todays terms he could go on the kop for about £7 or £8 quid. I know the facilities have improved [roof + seats] on the kop. I understand the biggest driver on price is player wages and I have no idea how to address that particular issue, fans demand better players who command higher salaries but we surely must be approaching the tipping point for a lot of fans on ticket price. It's a conondrum that football will have to tackle at some point, I think some of the increasing tv money should be diverted to trying to keep ticket prices a bit more realistic. I think prices for Saturday ought to be something like £18 kop, £23 North, £28 South, cat B prices £15 kop, £20 North, £25 South, kids £5, £8 and £10.

Edited by lt109

I'll be there with my brother because we have season tickets but I wanted to take my 7 year old sister until I saw the prices. £16 for under 10's is way too much.

This is similar to how Wolves categorised their tickets - u5 (£5), u13 (£10), u21 (£16), adults (£26), concessions (£16).

Surely this would get more through the gate whilst still getting high revenue?

Been in Munich over the weekend and went to see 1860 Munich v Sandhausen. £12 for a standing section ticket at the allianz arena.

That's what football should cost, and it was for a very similar level of football.

As a result, their crowds for the season have been high - an average of 29k so far this season.

Edited by townend_owl

I won't be going on Saturday, purely down to cost.

I support Wednesday whenever I can, but to take myself and 3 kids at these prices more than once a month is not achievable for me, anymore.

We have decided to go to Leeds game instead.

Doesn't feel good to have to make the choice (was season ticket holder for years, before having kids), but that's the way it is now.

Football clubs (and players, agents,etc) need to wake up and see what is slowly happening, as people will stay away.

Guest Big Guns

I won't be going on Saturday, purely down to cost.

I support Wednesday whenever I can, but to take myself and 3 kids at these prices more than once a month is not achievable for me, anymore.

We have decided to go to Leeds game instead.

Doesn't feel good to have to make the choice (was season ticket holder for years, before having kids), but that's the way it is now.

Football clubs (and players, agents,etc) need to wake up and see what is slowly happening, as people will stay away.

I fully understand this I used to have to pick my games until a few years ago when I got loaded...

Let's hope the part timers stay away and the booers and the happy clappers and no kids for a quid and no old fookers no singers either..

What have you got against the 'old fookers', Big Guns? I think you will probably find there are rather a large number of us, most of whom have been true Wednesdayites since long before you were a twinkle in your father's eye. We don't all come from within spitting distance of the ground either, but, believe me, cut us and we bleed Blue and White. We don't need to sing some of the trash that's called singing. We can see and understand far more of what's going off on the football field than many youngsters. We don't hesitate to cheer when we are winning. We DO NOT boo like many. And we can appreciate that sometimes the opposition is by far the better team -unfortunately. But we are still Wednesday through and through!

I think our adult pricing structure is about right but I do agree that child tickets are too expensive. As we always have spare seats, surely it would be better to encourage more people to bring kids along. A fiver for under 11's is a fair price and a tenner for 12 to 16.

Been in Munich over the weekend and went to see 1860 Munich v Sandhausen. £12 for a standing section ticket at the allianz arena.

That's what football should cost, and it was for a very similar level of football.

As a result, their crowds for the season have been high - an average of 29k so far this season.

Just looked up Wikipedia and it says TSV were founded May 1860.

Looked up Notts County and it says They are the oldest of all the clubs in the world that are now professional, having been formed in 1862

Who is fibbing?

Guest Willie Henderson

Great point made !

Guest majorclakent

In contrast with almost everyone else on here i am very happy with the prices i am paying for saturday. Using my student card with my uni (uni of shef), i have managed to get tickets on the kop for 8 quid on saturday. bargain !

but there cant be a club in the fl with as many empty seats on a average matchday as swfc, not many anyway

On percentages though we fill 64% of or ground, their is only 8 other teams in the championship that fill more more of their ground then us

Just looked up Wikipedia and it says TSV were founded May 1860.

Looked up Notts County and it says They are the oldest of all the clubs in the world that are now professional, having been formed in 1862

Who is fibbing?

TSV is a sporting club, the football division wasn't formed until 1899

Guest Big Guns

What have you got against the 'old fookers', Big Guns? I think you will probably find there are rather a large number of us, most of whom have been true Wednesdayites since long before you were a twinkle in your father's eye. We don't all come from within spitting distance of the ground either, but, believe me, cut us and we bleed Blue and White. We don't need to sing some of the trash that's called singing. We can see and understand far more of what's going off on the football field than many youngsters. We don't hesitate to cheer when we are winning. We DO NOT boo like many. And we can appreciate that sometimes the opposition is by far the better team -unfortunately. But we are still Wednesday through and through!

I love the old fookers ask geriatric owl

Don't you understand my post ? Might be an age thing....

Does any one know wot I was on about?

Guest sotonowl

I love the old fookers ask geriatric owl

Don't you understand my post ? Might be an age thing....

Does any one know wot I was on about?

Yes,you have a problem with the older supporters,you ought to be ashamed of yourself.