Sign in to follow this  
royalowlisback

Poor ticket sales for Sat, is it the prices, form or both?

Prices. I take my 10 year old and it's 16 squid. As for Leeds game they've sold their allocation of 5000. Anything over 10 quid for kids is scandalous.and no I can't get a season ticket cos I work every other weekend. Prices won't come down till people vote with their feet and stay away, but that ain't going to happen.20 quid adult and 10 kids is about right. And categories should be stopped just a con.

With walk up and away fans it will still be around 22k I'd imagine, which is far from poor.

It's virtually Hull's nearest away game(Unless Leeds and Barnsley are marginally closer) so they will fetch a few. There should be 23 or 24k there I reckon. How many other teams can get that sort of crowd after just taking 1 point from 18?(Rhetorical question).

I'm taking my 6 year old nephew to his first ever game to make sure he's an Owl and it's cost 18 quid for him

Looking at the number of tickets left it looks as though we're approaching 19.5-20k home seats sold (minus 800 or so unused in the last North block).

The minimum additional sales we'll have between now and 3pm Saturday (including walk-ups) is circa 2.5k.

Hull will bring at least 3k so we'll easily get 25000+

£28 quid for my bro, £26 for me with membership and £18 for my dad add in my train fare from brum and tram fare and a couple of pints and it's bloody expensive. I'll forget all that if the mighty Owls reward me with a win though!

A Lot people in the 90% in this thread

• Agree 1

I've taken up yoga. With a sense of inner peace, I am appreciating our wonderful team more and more.

Sorry, I mean I've taken up yoghurts.

Don't bother pal, stay in the boozer.

Yeah, you don't go and take things too seriously will you. :rolleyes:

People ought to take a look at the rest of the crowds in the Championship before slagging off ours.

18k at Forest tonight, last night Wolves 19k, Hull 14k, there really isn't a lot of spare money in people's pockets.

• Agree 1

we're a poo poo team at the moment charging £28 a match, its not really appealing is it?

Just too expensive for pay on the day tickets £28 on Kop is shocking v Hull.

I'll be there with fingers crossed a can blag a freebie again, Should do some deal for Saturday to get a big crowd in and get behind the lads £10 & £1 get 35k there and back to winning ways.

People ought to take a look at the rest of the crowds in the Championship before slagging off ours.

18k at Forest tonight, last night Wolves 19k, Hull 14k, there really isn't a lot of spare money in people's pockets.

and Derby only just getting over 20,000, except when they played us, have dropped by over 4,000 compared to last year.

Guest LNM

AC Milan got mid 20's for a home Champions League match the other week...20K+ is VERY respectable & in no way poor.

i got season ticket on the kop so i be there but prices are high but they werent exactly cheap last season but i still found the money.i think defo around 25k b there hull will fetch at least 4k

I'll be there for a change got a season ticket but only been 2 games so far due to holidays, so it'll be interesting to see how the atmosphere is.

TBH I don'nt think the fixture list helps. Ok i've got a ST. But anyone who hasen't & went to Wolves & burnley and then the Hull game. Its a bloody expensive week. Especially if you take the kids too.

Edited by owls4effa
  • Agree 1

If I wasn't working if be there as its first sat after payday.

Honestly poor form and the price will put a lot off. Shame really as we should be riding a crest of optimism this season.

• Agree 1

Just too expensive for pay on the day tickets £28 on Kop is shocking v Hull.

I'll be there with fingers crossed a can blag a freebie again, Should do some deal for Saturday to get a big crowd in and get behind the lads £10 & £1 get 35k there and back to winning ways.

Would you really get 35k though at those prices? 19,000 inc away fans @ £10 = £190,000.

More likely 29k (at a push). 13,000 inc away fans @ £10 = £130,000.

As it is now, 8,000 inc away @ £28 = £224,000

This isn't about increasing the number of fans anymore, more to do with maximising revenues from the people who will pay over the odds each match.

Edited by just visiting
  • Agree 2

and it's gettin worse not better...

we thought and said for years now football needs to take stock...

surely that time is coming???

If the players weren't earning more in a month than most of us fans earn in a year and it wasn't all about tv revenue, then maybe the match day prices would come down!

Crowds are falling fast at a lot of grounds and tbh Wednesday are one of the few teams gettin bigger crowds than the last few years !

• Agree 1