Poor ticket sales for Sat, is it the prices, form or both?

Looking at the number of tickets left it looks as though we're approaching 19.5-20k home seats sold (minus 800 or so unused in the last North block).

The minimum additional sales we'll have between now and 3pm Saturday (including walk-ups) is circa 2.5k.

Hull will bring at least 3k so we'll easily get 25000+

Just too expensive for pay on the day tickets £28 on Kop is shocking v Hull.

I'll be there with fingers crossed a can blag a freebie again, Should do some deal for Saturday to get a big crowd in and get behind the lads £10 & £1 get 35k there and back to winning ways.

People ought to take a look at the rest of the crowds in the Championship before slagging off ours.

18k at Forest tonight, last night Wolves 19k, Hull 14k, there really isn't a lot of spare money in people's pockets.

and Derby only just getting over 20,000, except when they played us, have dropped by over 4,000 compared to last year.

Guest doni wednesday

i got season ticket on the kop so i be there but prices are high but they werent exactly cheap last season but i still found the money.i think defo around 25k b there hull will fetch at least 4k

Just too expensive for pay on the day tickets £28 on Kop is shocking v Hull.

I'll be there with fingers crossed a can blag a freebie again, Should do some deal for Saturday to get a big crowd in and get behind the lads £10 & £1 get 35k there and back to winning ways.

Would you really get 35k though at those prices? 19,000 inc away fans @ £10 = £190,000.

More likely 29k (at a push). 13,000 inc away fans @ £10 = £130,000.

As it is now, 8,000 inc away @ £28 = £224,000

This isn't about increasing the number of fans anymore, more to do with maximising revenues from the people who will pay over the odds each match.

Edited by just visiting

People ought to take a look at the rest of the crowds in the Championship before slagging off ours.

18k at Forest tonight, last night Wolves 19k, Hull 14k, there really isn't a lot of spare money in people's pockets.

and it's gettin worse not better...

we thought and said for years now football needs to take stock...

surely that time is coming???

Guest Willie Henderson

If the players weren't earning more in a month than most of us fans earn in a year and it wasn't all about tv revenue, then maybe the match day prices would come down!

Crowds are falling fast at a lot of grounds and tbh Wednesday are one of the few teams gettin bigger crowds than the last few years !

Guest christheowl

I really dont get the people who say "I'm not going because we're playing sh!t"...we support SWFC for god sake, if you want to see a team play beautiful football and win every week, then go and support Man U or City. This is hardly bad is it ? I've seen us play much worst in the past !

Middlesborough are an example of what lies ahead for most Football League clubs.

There home crowds are shocking, bearing in mind they have no parachute payments this season and with Financial Fair Play rules restricting the amount chairmen can plough into the club, they may not be seen in the Premier League again.

Teams like Wednesday, Derby and more so Leeds United, who charge extremely high prices but have 20k+ hardcore that are happy to pay, will, at some point in the next five years return to the Premier League and stay there.

More fans paying less doesn't make good business sense in this league.