Danny Batth

Guest foreverSWFC

A grave error of judgement not to have brought Danny Batth back to Hillsborough. I will say it again that lad reminds me very much of a young Nigel Pearson with his attitude in life and playing style. He was the one player I wanted DJ to sign much more so than Antonio because its the spine of our team which is important.

Ps. As a little straw vote to show how we messed it up - would you have Jones/Batth or Gardener/Taylor?

I think that answer shows how we've ballsed it right up cos Jones/Batth wasn't without its frailties but with those 2 we would have won tonight.

Jones wasn't good enough.

Gardener or Llera with Batth would be fine in this league.

Guest totemowl

He wasn't our best player last season but he was our most consistent player.

But his performances so far this season haven't been exactly convincing.

Perhaps the guy could benefit from a permanent move to a massive team. But I get the impression that he needs a strong captain-style figure alongside him, and we've only got one candidate in our squad.

So imo he ain't necessarily the answer.

Batth was decent last season, pretty steady but I wouldnt say he was always commanding, that was left to Jones. I still think our defence was pretty shakey last season but obviously you dont get punished as much.

He is a good prospect, but would he come here and show them all how its done at this level? I'm not sure.

Would swap both Gardener and Taylor for Jones n Batth. We shouldnt have messed with the defence other than signing a couple of full backs as back up. The team has been dismantled when all it needed was a few shrewd signings. Anontio, Batth, treacy, the full backs and a couple of strikers would have been prime, as well as a quality centre mid instead of having 4/5 average ones.

Batth was decent last season, pretty steady but I wouldnt say he was always commanding, that was left to Jones. I still think our defence was pretty shakey last season but obviously you dont get punished as much.

He is a good prospect, but would he come here and show them all how its done at this level? I'm not sure.

When we went on our unbelievable run at the end of last season Jones hardly played. It was Llera and Batth.

To be honest, we probably stopped appreciating Batth as much as we should have because he was that solid, reliable, and dependable we just took him for granted to always be there clearing the danger. You say he wasn't commanding, and I presume you mean vocally, because he was prepared to take responsibility, put in important tackles, attack the ball when it was in the air to be won, and boot it clear when necessary so we could clear our lines.

Guest totemowl

When we went on our unbelievable run at the end of last season Jones hardly played. It was Llera and Batth.

To be honest, we probably stopped appreciating Batth as much as we should have because he was that solid, reliable, and dependable we just took him for granted to always be there clearing the danger. You say he wasn't commanding, and I presume you mean vocally, because he was prepared to take responsibility, put in important tackles, attack the ball when it was in the air to be won, and boot it clear when necessary so we could clear our lines.

But sometimes he looked vulnerable, and was got at on here a few times because of it.

The run in with Llera and Batth was all about confidence and momentum. Rob Jones was the commanding organising figure who took us through the tough times last season. This season we decided we'd better get Taylor in. Imo a good move but not paid off yet.