Is 6 losses on the bounce....the point of no return?

Guest Bedders

But if you're saying that his current record is 'unacceptable' then surely you are tacitly indicating that he should be sacked?

One can state a current level of performance is unacceptable while also believing the person should be given more time to improve that performance.

Personally, I think Jones has earned the right to more time. I want to see improvements in our performance in the next two matches. I want some fight and some organisation. I would take two defeats in our next two games if the performances improved.

if u bring in a new manager now, barring the possibility of one or two loans, he'd have to work with the dj's squad anyway, so may as well let DJ work with DJ's squad. If we're still looking like we're in a lot of trouble come December time, then maybe tentatively see who's available and interested

If a manager lasts till December you may as well give him the whole season. The decision should be taken before November to give the new manager time to assess the squad, scout for replacements and see what is available. However, I also do not believe that results should be the only factor that determin a managers future, performance should also have a bearing.

Unfortunately for DJ we seem to lack performance as well as results. We had no attacking threat yesterday and our set pieces this season, apart form Llera, have been attrocious. We have a very lopsided squad with no left footed left winger and three left footed centre halfs. Since DJ has started shuffling his pack results have nose dived and in the last three games we have performed worse than in the first half against Derby.

Maybe everything DJ is doing will all click into place at once and we will pick up some points again, but I suspect this will have to happen soon or MM will make a change. The new manager taking charge during the international break after the Hull game maybe what MM is looking at as the ideal time to make the change. Obviously judging by what happened to GM the decision may already have been taken and the search for a new manager may have started. The new man may already be lined up for all we know.

MM has already made it clear that he will make the decision that he feels is in the best interest of the club and we have to accept that. MM needs e club to progress to make his investment pay so I have faith he honestly believes that the decisions he believes will take the club forward. It is impossible to say if he has got them all correct but we have progressed under his tenure.

So what does 'unacceptable' mean in this context? Surely if he keeps his job to improve matters than it has been somewhat acceptable as he hasn't paid the ultimate price?

Depends on how performance is measured. For example; in my office we are monitored daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, six monthly and annually. You can have weeks that are unacceptable but this is counter balanced if your month to month figures are acceptable. One needs to look at trends in smaller and bigger terms. The manager might have "acceptable performance" for a month or so, then "unacceptable performance" the next month. Most football fans will claim he's god in month one, and sh*t in month two. Any sensible poster will see though, that you have to take a step back and ask two questions: 1) Has the overall performance met the required standard? 2) Can we be reasonably sure that future performance will meet the required standard?

At the moment I think Jones is standing with a "Yes" and a "Don't know". So what do we do? Give him more time or make a change? The tricky thing with decisions like this in a football setting is that they are quite often made once the horse has already bolted. Takes a lot of bottle to make the change when there is still a chance of the objectives being met. MM did this last season and it paid off. I'm just glad I don't have to make the decision now because I haven't got a clue.

I'd suggest that DJ's previous record both here and at his former clubs is the main reason that most fans still are backing him.

This guy is a good manager at the end of the day - not a flipping Alan Irvine - and the hope is that he will start showing it.

In saying that: Milan has already sacked one good manager, so i wouldn't be shocked if DJ gets the chop before too long.

Guest chuckie4570

I think if we lose against Burnley Milan will seriously look for a replacement. He probably already has irons in the fire! DJ already knows Milan's record with managers, must be looking himself for other options by now.

Crazy talk by our fans - Jones pulled us out of the league below with a miracle run of form. Its our first season back in the CCC and no matter what money you spend it is never easy. Last time our first season up here we scraped to 50 points and finished fourth bottom. Staying up this season should be the target, then build.

I actually think yesterday was a turning point. The defenders know we can keep a clean sheet away at a good side - their goal was lucky yesterday. I fancy us to start picking up points again now and we will have learned a lot from this run of games,

The biggest concern for me is that we don't even look close to being a threat never mind scoring a goal or two. IMO Burnley is a crucial game and one we can win or at least get a point from.

Hull is a winable game if we go into it with confidence but I fear another defeat at Burnley will heap pressure on Saturday's game also from the fans point of view and we will struggle.

A decent result at Burnley and it will be all rosy (not Harry's dog) again going into Saturday and can see us turning a corner.

I think Mr Smith and his medical team tempted fate a bit last season by pointing out how good they are and how few injuries we had. Blowing your own trumpet can sometimes come back to bite you on the French bum. It is a bit weird how many injuries we have had this season, don't you think? Just bad luck? No idea but genuine question:

is this seasons' team, in your opinion

a. Fitter than last seaon's?

b. As fit as last season's?

c. Not as fit as last seasons'?

based on a old fashioned pre season of running running and running so I'm told perhaps not that stupid when you look at injuries last year and this mind you buying players with a history of sick notes doesnt help

I'd like to see what happens when we score first. In the last few games now we've fallen into the rut of starting quite brightly, not scored and then dropped away. Yesterday there was the Antonio "penalty" and then COG's miss which I still can't believe which should have given us the lead, in which case maybe Wolves would have been able to up the ante, who knows but it would certainly have put a different slant on things. Just like to see it that's all, that first goal is always so important.

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Crazy talk by our fans - Jones pulled us out of the league below with a miracle run of form. Its our first season back in the CCC and no matter what money you spend it is never easy. Last time our first season up here we scraped to 50 points and finished fourth bottom. Staying up this season should be the target, then build.

I actually think yesterday was a turning point. The defenders know we can keep a clean sheet away at a good side - their goal was lucky yesterday. I fancy us to start picking up points again now and we will have learned a lot from this run of games,

Their goal was lucky?

He went for goal...He scored. It's not like he meant to shoot but not score. Bad defending.

Don't look at the number of points we need, but look at the number of games we must not lose.

Guest BaRmY OwLs

If we lose to Burnley and Hull then DJ will be gone.

6 defeats in a row is unacceptable in my opinion.

O.k then sack D.J who are we going to get in place?

New manager comes in gets another run of 6 defeats what we going to do sack him?

Give D.J till Dec to turn things around and he will then take it from there.

I'd suggest that DJ's previous record both here and at his former clubs is the main reason that most fans still are backing him.

This guy is a good manager at the end of the day - not a flipping Alan Irvine - and the hope is that he will start showing it.

In saying that: Milan has already sacked one good manager, so i wouldn't be shocked if DJ gets the chop before too long.

He is a good manager. All it takes, as I suggested in another thread, is for a couple of decisions from the manager to go wrong and the whole thing can spin off axis. If you make a mistake, and the make a mistake trying to fix the first mistake then it can be hard to recover from.

Six losses shouldn't be the be all and end all, but I can't remember a pleasant season where we have lost this many on the bounce.

If we arrest the slide on Tuesday our good start will have got us out of jail, but if this stretches to 7 or 8 then were in a relegation battle no doubt IMO.