Is 6 losses on the bounce....the point of no return?

Guest Bedders

1999-2000 season we lost first 2, then drew 1, then lost 6 on the bounce........manager lasted until March......end of season relegated!

At the minute we are playing a left winger or left back as a right back & goals are hard to come by. Out of the clubs three top scorers only one was on the pitch yesterday......

We are relying on loan players after DJ said he preferred having his own.....

Looking for constructive input on how we move forward with this......

Fans can harp on about backing the team but the rot has to stop...................

How....?

Edited by Bedders

Guest JonTheOwl66

No.

It's been one month since DJ was walking on water.

To even suggest that his job is even remotely under threat is staggering.

No its not - 6 losses on the trot is unacceptable.

It has to start with DJ realising he doesn't have to play his own players just for the sake of getting his own stamp on the team.

Most of last season's squad and first team are more than capable of playing at this level and are indeed a better gelled 'unit'.

Compare the teamsheets of Brum and Millwall when we played them.

One had better set of players on paper, the other had a better set of players on the pitch.

Edited by Pulsar

Once again, how hard is it to understand that both our right backs are injured?

I don't think that is the only reason that we've lost six in a row and I know that you are probably not suggesting that it is.

In fairness to JJ - despite the foul for the freekick (was it a foul?) - he was actually pretty good yesterday.

I think Mr Smith and his medical team tempted fate a bit last season by pointing out how good they are and how few injuries we had. Blowing your own trumpet can sometimes come back to bite you on the French bum. It is a bit weird how many injuries we have had this season, don't you think? Just bad luck? No idea but genuine question:

is this seasons' team, in your opinion

a. Fitter than last seaon's?

b. As fit as last season's?

c. Not as fit as last seasons'?

Edited by Almat

I don't think that is the only reason that we've lost six in a row and I know that you are probably not suggesting that it is.

In fairness to JJ - despite the foul for the freekick (was it a foul?) - he was actually pretty good yesterday.

I'm not suggesting that at all. It's just a bit weird to use the fact that JJ is playing right back as one of the prime reasons that DJ is failing... when he's hardly got any other option.

Then you get people saying that 6 losses is unacceptable........... no flipping shiit.

Hardly the point of no return. However I have to say where do you draw the line. This series of losses has to stop and has to stop now. Its not as though we're losing unluckily, we are being outplayed and creating very few chances. The work ethic has gone out of the side and that is really worrying.

I'm not suggesting that at all. It's just a bit weird to use the fact that JJ is playing right back as one of the prime reasons that DJ is failing... when he's hardly got any other option.

Then you get people saying that 6 losses is unacceptable........... no flipping shiit.

Probably worth noting that he did seem very reluctant to call upon Lee when Buxton got injured.

His hand was forced in the end due to further injuries to the makeshift right-backs.

Still no denying the fact that having JJ as a our only viable option at the moment is a slight issue.

Guest foreverSWFC

If we lose to Burnley and Hull then DJ will be gone.

6 defeats in a row is unacceptable in my opinion.

Edited by foreverSWFC

if u bring in a new manager now, barring the possibility of one or two loans, he'd have to work with the dj's squad anyway, so may as well let DJ work with DJ's squad. If we're still looking like we're in a lot of trouble come December time, then maybe tentatively see who's available and interested

if u bring in a new manager now, barring the possibility of one or two loans, he'd have to work with the dj's squad anyway, so may as well let DJ work with DJ's squad. If we're still looking like we're in a lot of trouble come December time, then maybe tentatively see who's available and interested

Just don't get this as a reason for not getting rid TBH. Isn't this exactly what happened when DJ took over last season? He had to work with Meggo's squad who had lost their way (the derby win just papered over the cracks imo).

Edited by Almat

Some of the arguments are ridiculous - 5 league losses in a row is far from ideal but I do not think we would attract a manager more suited to this division with the correct experience, contacts etc than DJ.

We have to start giving good managers a decent period of time.

The only thing which does baffle me are the amount of changes each match.

I can see us winning the next couple then everything may seem a little brighter.