COG

Guest Croftie_swfc

Guest Croftie_swfc

Well after watching him yesterday I hope all of the people that were saying how great he is have finally realised how bad he is.COG and Bothroyd were both terrible up front yesterday. What we have witnessed is that COG is not the answer to our striking problems. I feel sorry for Maguire and Madine they surely must laughing to themselves after watching them two out there playing like that.

I am also not just blaming these two, the whole team needs a rocket up their ass. Wolves looked like they were playing in a training match. It was a walk in the park for them.

One positive from todays match! we only conceded one haha

Guest JC Saviour

Well after watching him yesterday I hope all of the people that were saying how great he is have finally realised how bad he is.COG and Bothroyd were both terrible up front yesterday. What we have witnessed is that COG is not the answer to our striking problems. I feel sorry for Maguire and Madine they surely must laughing to themselves after watching them two out there playing like that.

I am also not just blaming these two, the whole team needs a rocket up their ass. Wolves looked like they were playing in a training match. It was a walk in the park for them.

COG hasn't played a full match for ages then he is put on the left wing. Not surprising he didn't have one of his better matches!!

COG can I kiss your ass please. You are so amazing. Last year in League 1 you took the division by storm. You scored 6 goals WOW. This year you played 1 good game and 1 good half, your our hero now, the answer to everything.....like flip you are. A last ten minute substitute at the very best.

Edited by WayneTheOwl

What we can do though come the Hull & Leeds match, when/if we are losing we can start singing for COG to come on, DJ (if he's still here then) can listen to the singing for 10 minutes, give those fans COG, COG can run around like a blue arse fly. He can hold the ball up a couple of times, not score AGAIN, and then be given the Man Of Match aware for his "brilliant" game. And then we can sit back and reflect on how he does this every game and think WOW WEE COGGY BABY. Your amazing.

Guest Croftie_swfc

This is a fact that people need to know! COG is not a championship player. technically doesn't have the ability. His shooting is abysmal he scored one lucky goal against Derby. We need someone that is going to score us 15 plus goals a season. COG is never going to do that. He is built for lower league football. Strong, can hold the ball up and put pressure on defenders. Against Championship defenders COG will struggle. Dave Jones finally gives him the start after all the fans moaning about him not playing and then gives a performance like that?

Guest Croftie_swfc

COG hasn't played a full match for ages then he is put on the left wing. Not surprising he didn't have one of his better matches!!

Somtimes in football you need to do a job whatever the position. He played on the left for Rochdale on a few occasions.

If you think that Chris O'Grady played up front yesterday then you are either a fool or you didn't go. The ridiculous formation and poor tactics adopted by Dave Jones meant that O'Grady was in no man's land somewhere in between the two positions and neither him or his team mates seamed to have any idea what their role was. I felt sorry for people like O'Grady, Antonio, Mayor, Rodri, Pecnik, etc. Some of these players aren't good enough in my opinion but they should at least be given a chance in a system that has a realistic chance of succeeding.

If Dave Jones thought he was going to come away with anything from yesterday with those tactics then he has a lot to learn!

COG is the answer to everything. His mere presence on the field made our defence up their game considerably and even the Wolves tea lady felt a strange unexplained happiness descend over her because all was well with the world. Shame he couldn't stick his head on that cross properly though.

Edited by Sonny

Guest Croftie_swfc

If you think that Chris O'Grady played up front yesterday then you are either a fool or you didn't go. The ridiculous formation and poor tactics adopted by Dave Jones meant that O'Grady was in no man's land somewhere in between the two positions and neither him or his team mates seamed to have any idea what their role was. I felt sorry for people like O'Grady, Antonio, Mayor, Rodri, Pecnik, etc. Some of these players aren't good enough in my opinion but they should at least be given a chance in a system that has a realistic chance of succeeding.

If Dave Jones thought he was going to come away with anything from yesterday with those tactics then he has a lot to learn!

Well to be honest it didn't look clear where he was plying he was that bad! He played on the left for Rochdale on a few occasions. I agree with you that our players are not good enough. What we are lacking is players with the technical ability to pass and keep the ball. It seems rather obvious that Jones has reverted to Megson style football. Maybe he has realised that his players are not good enough to play decent football! possibly showing a sign he has lost confidence in his own players

Jones tried for a 0-0 draw, it was obvious, but again coming down to the mere fact, these are professional players and looked anything but yesterday. Only Antonio & Mayor came away with a little credit yesterday out of those 5.

Well to be honest it didn't look clear where he was plying he was that bad! He played on the left for Rochdale on a few occasions. I agree with you that our players are not good enough. What we are lacking is players with the technical ability to pass and keep the ball. It seems rather obvious that Jones has reverted to Megson style football. Maybe he has realised that his players are not good enough to play decent football! possibly showing a sign he has lost confidence in his own players

We have a squad full of very good individual players. We currently play with very naive tactics, players out of position and poor formation. The problem would appear to be the fact that when we were playing well we had a very knowledgeable and experienced coach dictating a lot of things; that is no longer the case and the style of play and tactics have changed accordingly.

I am often amazed to see the coaching staff approaching Dave Jones during games and suggesting substitutions and Dave Jones accepting them. He is the one who should have provided the continuity after the departure of Terry Burton. It would appear that he is allowing too much freedom to his coaches and not making enough decisions himself.

Guest BoomTownOwls

COG has scored 1 Championship goal.

He couldnt score double figures in League One last season.

He is an excellent League Two striker that tries hard.