The League one side deserved a crack at this league

A too big of a step up for reda at left back it seems...

He's played four games, and only one since Millwall.

He makes mistakes but so do the rest of them, he deserves a run of games (is he injured or just out of favour?). I don't see him as worse than Mattock (again hard to judge unless he's had more of a run at left-back) or Jones and his goalscoring is a huge asset. It's no coincidence that we've lost a lot of force and desire in certain attacking situations without him. He's got 13 goals for us and 3 in 4 in the Championship.

We've lost to 2 teams that were recently in the Prem. we've also lost away at Brighton who are in their second season at this level and have a very good side.

Anyone who thinks we could compete with last years team is deluded. Jones knew that and made subsequent purchases. The problem is you just don't get time at this level for a team to settle in, it's a tough league with many strong sides.

IF there was owt like a few ' easier' games then the next 5 or 6 to come show a bit of promise starting against Burnley. Hull are a bit up and down, L33ds at home should be tough then Blackburn but Ipswich are dire and Peterborough.

But fact is this run has to stop, and the worrying thing in my mind is our lack of chances being created. We defended ok yesterday but going forward there wasn't much - and the formation didn't help. I don't think COG is the answer but quite frankly I'm not sure what is. Bothroyd is getting some stick but tbf he's not getting much service and playing him alone up front wont help. I think I'd persevere with him and perhaps Rodri who also has a lot to prove still.

Having said all that and I still believe DJ is the man for us, I fear if there isn't at least 3 points in the bag from these next 2 games he'll be gone.

I think that's whats annoyed people.

Bywater, Buxton, Batth, Lliera Reda.

JJ, lines , Semedo Antonio.

Madine, Lowe/cog

Would have easily given a better account of them selves over the past month, than Jones Starting 11.

Yes, we would probably have lost, but the would and commitment from the players would have been much better.

Slight problems.

That's not the team that got us promoted is it. Cog and Lowe didn't really play much, Treacey, Batth and Ranger weren't our players, so really the only one of our players out of your team that plays for us and hasn't been given a chance is Bywater

Holly poo !!!

We signed our best player from last season - Antonio

We signed brightest prospect I'v everr seen on this club's books - McCabe

We brought in 3 ex-England internationals Kirkland, Gardner, Boothroyd

We brought in guy who is 23, and has around 20 apps at vorious England under age levels - Mattock

We brought in proven Championship quality CB in Taylor...

Yet people are still not happy, and are crying for Lowe, Prutton, Ostemobor, etc...

Bugger me if I know where is this going :wacko:

We liked the idea of signing these new faces, but the idea of them walking in and playing ahead of those who got us there in the first place is what has got fans riled imo and justifiably so.

The likes of Rodri, Taylor, Mattock, Kirkland should have been forced to wait for their chance. They haven't as the likes of Bywater, Llera/beevers, Madine haven't been given a chance this year.

And if Bothroyd and Barkley have 'must start' requirements written into their contract its a flippingjoke. Noone would have wanted them if we knew that was the requirement, you just can't have players who are guaranteed to play. Don't you think this could be why Bothroyd and Barkley have been so poor at times recently? They know they'll play next week anyway.

Holly poo !!!

We brought in guy who is 23, and has around 20 apps at vorious England under age levels - Mattock

Yet people are still not happy, and are crying for Lowe, Prutton, Ostemobor, etc...

We bought all those, but at the same time have totally destroyed our team spirit and identity.

What needed to happen was a slower transition between the side from last season and the current one we have now - i.e. slowly, but surely integrating new players into the team we had.

Unfortunately, well at the moment anyway, we have ripped apart one team and started off with a completely new one and unsurprisingly we look like a group of individuals rather than an actual team.

BANG ON. No problem with signing most of the players we did aside from the loans, but we needed to integrate them into the team slowly once someone got injured or underperformed.

I wouldn't be suprised if groups are forming in the dressing room now, with the likes of Madine and Bywater leading the unhappy group.

Holly poo !!!

That has cheered me up a bit.

Holly poo !!!

ill give you Antonio and Kirkland, one was already here last year so that leaves Kirkland who missed pre season for whatever reason so put us behind in defensive prep for the big kick off, so really the only major credit for this close season is McCabe, he is without doubt a great signing, but 1 succees out of a whole close season doesnt say much for the building we are doing

I do believe the promotion squad should have been given a bit more of a chance but there is no doubting that the championship is just a whole different ball game to league one. The issue is how DJ has gone about introducing the new players and some key decisions that seems to have destroyed the spirit of the team. Mainly replacing form players with new signings that have vastly underperformed eg Bothroyd for COG (although in truth I don't think COG is the answer to our problems), making Taylor captain after what can only be described as an utterly dire performance. I mean when the others saw him been made captain after a terrible performance, what kind of message does that send out? None of the new starters seemed to have earned their place in the squad and have kept their place after poor performances, this method of management just ruins the winning/fighting for a place mentality that a successful team needs.

It's also questionable that some of the new signings are even an improvement, many look very lightweight. Although it can't be denied that some of the signings are talented players and I was quite surprised we signed some of them at first.

I am a fan of DJ despite what I am saying but he does seem to have dug himself a pretty deep hole and it's gonna be difficult to get out of. After all he had quite a solid foundation to begin with, with a good nucleus of players. I don't know what the answer is but I just hope Dave does. I am not saying it's the answer but we all know that when things are not going right MM is not a patient man.

Holly poo !!!

We signed our best player from last season - Antonio No one complaining about that so far as I can see

We signed brightest prospect I'v everr seen on this club's books - McCabe Does look very good - again no one complaining

We brought in 3 ex-England internationals Kirkland, Gardner, Boothroyd - Jeffers was an ex international as well - so what?

We brought in guy who is 23, and has around 20 apps at vorious England under age levels - Mattock - As above

We brought in proven Championship quality CB in Taylor... The signing itself isn't so much of a problem. Giving a new player the captaincy is questionable

Yet people are still not happy, and are crying for Lowe, Prutton, Ostemobor, etc... People have said we should have kept the core of the side. No one is crying for those three players in particular. This isn't the normal sort of OTT drama-queen-esque post I'd expect from Malek to be fair

Bits in bold are my additions.

I think that's whats annoyed people.

Bywater, Buxton, Batth, Lliera Reda.

JJ, lines , Semedo Antonio.

Madine, Lowe/cog

Would have easily given a better account of them selves over the past month, than Jones Starting 11.

Yes, we would probably have lost, but the would and commitment from the players would have been much better.

No it wouldn't. You'd be moaning had this team gone on a 6 game losing streak. Why has Milan not backed us in the transfer market etc?

Just an excuse for a moan really!!

What a messed up way of looking at it.

If that team had a go, we would be pumped 3-4 nil every game without fail

But they try right???

The same people crying now were the same group crying when GM was sacked.

They looked stupid then and they will look stupid again when this team starts to click.

The team we have now is something we could only dream of 12 months ago and when they start to gel, it's going to be a top 6 team

So STFU and be realistic

so in all essence then we keep playing the team ,who have put us in this s**t over the last six games,

and if the none work ethic carries on and we keep losing what then ,

oh and people spouting that last years team would get thumped , do you know next weeks lottery winning numbers ,no i didn't think so ,and neither does any one know whether they would get thumped every week , because we havent tried it, If it happens which i doubt it will and we get thumped then you have a case ,until then no one knows jack s**t

Edited by trevdi9