The League one side deserved a crack at this league

Guest totemowl

the L1 team should have formed the 'heart'/spine of the team ie/buxton,reda,llira,semedo,jj,antonio,madine/cog . there shold have been only 2 or 3 'tweeks' during the first few months..... then added to as injuries/suspension and FORM became issues.

Aaaaarrrggh...

Look at the team sheets. That's what happened, apart from the injuries happened within the first 2-3 games, and form didn't carry over from last season, or perhaps the 3 players who are struggling simply aren't up to this league.

Buxton and Reda are first choice but injured

Madine and COG have both played

Lines is injured

Batth plays for Wolves

But keep having the same moan if it makes you feel better.

lol

So we'd be in the same position but everyone would be happy?

They'd be moaning that new players hadn't been bought. And they'd be asking why we are using League 1 players in the Championship

Amazing

What needed to happen was a slower transition between the side from last season and the current one we have now - i.e. slowly, but surely integrating new players into the team we had.

Unfortunately, well at the moment anyway, we have ripped apart one team and started off with a completely new one and unsurprisingly we look like a group of individuals rather than an actual team.

Buxton and Reda are first choice but injured

Madine and COG have both played

Lines is injured

Batth plays for Wolves

But keep having the same moan if it makes you feel better.

This.

We can't have the same XI as last season.

If we went on last year's team, it'd currently be -

Bywater

D.Jones--Beevers--Llera--Bennett

Antonio--Semedo--Nyoni--JJ

Madine--O'Grady

That team would absolutely pasted.

It would get pasted but everyone would be happy! Unlike now when we're getting pasted but everyone is unhappy.

Get it?

Ah right, gotcha.

If things went wrong though, we could make a few subs -

Jameson

Weaver

Jarrod Kyle

Obileye

Johnny Fenwick

Hayden White

Elias Moses

I'm starting to think this is a great idea.

We juts shouldn't have signed anyone.

Edited by KivoOwl

What needed to happen was a slower transition between the side from last season and the current one we have now - i.e. slowly, but surely integrating new players into the team we had.

Unfortunately, well at the moment anyway, we have ripped apart one team and started off with a completely new one and unsurprisingly we look like a group of individuals rather than an actual team.

Agree 100%!!!

I think everyone accepts that a team needs to be improved when you go up a level but the speed at which last seasons side has been dismantled has surprised and alarmed a few people including myself.

When you have a team that appears to have a great team spirit and a lot of momentum behind them and completely take it to pieces in such a short space of time, replacing them with a group of players who on paper may be better but who have never played together before, inevitably the results will go along with any momentum and team spirit that may have been built up.

Guest foreverSWFC

Reda and Buxton both were instrumental last season, they are both injured and would start for us.

Lines injured, Batth gone back to Wolves, Rob Jones and Ryan Lowe left but looking at the wider picture although they gave there all and were good characters they were probably both not quite good enough for this division.

That leaves Madine. O'Grady, Llera, Beevers, JJ, Antonio and Semedo who have all played roles this season.Therefore the OP's point is a bit silly really.

To an extent, i think we have damaged the team spirit, we have brought in alot of new players who i don't think are much of an improvement to be honest, at least they're not showing that at the moment.

Buxton both were instrumental last season, they are both injured and would start for us.

My worry with Buxton is that he is looking old. His pace and stamina has gone.

Either, that or he has never been fit.

I like the lad and he has a good football brain and touch - maybe a place at centre back would now suit him?

But up to now, he doesn't look like being a long term solution for RB.

JJ put in the best RB performance yesterday this season in a Wednesday shirt, by miles.

I think that's whats annoyed people.

Bywater, Buxton, Batth, Lliera Reda.

JJ, lines , Semedo Antonio.

Madine, Lowe/cog

Would have easily given a better account of them selves over the past month, than Jones Starting 11.

Yes, we would probably have lost, but the would and commitment from the players would have been much better.

i hate to tell you this, but apart from bystander, lines (who is injured), lowe (who we can't play as he isn't our player anymore), and batth (who is a wolves player - you don't seem to understand the loan system) - everyone has had a bloody chance!!

Somebody talking sense. Add to that what's happened to the work rate of the side? There's very little movement in the side whether we have the ball or not, is that down to a lack of understanding or something we are not aware of on the training ground. Last season the team would'nt have gone down without a fight, at the moment we are just a pushover.

and thats the key to all this the spark has been extinguished to quickly, build and change when needed add quality to the fight and togetherness we had last year,

DJ hasn't done this and now we are reaping the rewards ,we had a month longer than most to sort things with the squad ,but what good has it done ,we are still fannying about now whilst other teams are doing the buisness , we just needed to add 3/4 quality players to the squad , and if i remember corectly none on here thought otherwise ,we, the players management owners even the flippingcleaners were on a roll ,we were going forward, Well who stopped it dead, i'll tell you 'none other than the man who builds teams ,

July 2012: "We havent made enough signings" "Were getting left behind" "Even Huddersfield have signed more players than we have" "Come on MM & PA, get your chequebooks out"

Sep 2012: "Last years team would do better" "They deserved a chance at this level"

Cant play it both ways people.

This is absolutely classic football supporter second guessing.

There is not one poster on this site, NOT ONE, who advocated anything other than sweeping changes after we got promoted. In fact, in this era of Championship Manager, 24 hour sports news, squad rotation, social media and general hysteria, I think fans get off on new players arriving. Sometimes it's similar to that moment just before orgasm.

There is not one poster on this site, NOT ONE, who advocated anything other than sweeping changes after we got promoted. In fact, in this era of Championship Manager, 24 hour sports news, squad rotation, social media and general hysteria, I think fans get off on new players arriving. Sometimes it's similar to that moment just before orgasm.

I don't remember a single poster advocating widescale changes.

Your making things up.

Signing Antonio, Batth, Tracey was on peoples lists.

Probably an additional midfielder or two to strengthen the squad.

I honestly don't remember a single poster advocating the entire dismantling the team from last season.

I don't remember a single poster advocating widescale changes.

Your making things up.

Signing Antonio, Batth, Tracey was on peoples lists.

Probably an additional midfielder or two to strengthen the squad.

I honestly don't remember a single poster advocating the entire dismantling the team from last season.

You're splitting hairs. Nobody directly said that the team should be dismantled, but all of the signings they were clamouring for (and I would estimate that most averaged about eight or nine in their projections on here) weren't just to fill out the squad were they? Even when a team has done reasonablywell, fans always want to bring in more players. There were numerous lists of all the players who wouldn't be good enough, some of whom are still here.

And even though we signed more than a dozen players, some people are already advocating that we bring in some more.

Edited by DJMortimer

We needed signings - that is not in doubt. However, we needed to have a little continuity and add quality to what we already had. Instead, we have replaced the players that got us promoted with players that are either a) no better, b) not fit or c) both of these.

It's not about whether or not you sign players. It's about whether those players are any better.

Out of all the signings we've brought in I've only been encouraged by Lee, McCabe and Rodri.

We needed signings - that is not in doubt. However, we needed to have a little continuity and add quality to what we already had. Instead, we have replaced the players that got us promoted with players that are either a) no better, b) not fit or c) both of these.

It's not about whether or not you sign players. It's about whether those players are any better.

Out of all the signings we've brought in I've only been encouraged by Lee, McCabe and Rodri.

This is almost an arguement for a different thread. The OP claimed that last years team would have done better, and that they deserved a chance.

What DJM was pointing out is that NO-ONE was saying in preseason that our squad was up to scratch and only a few players were needed.

It is true that some of the signings have been dissapointing,.but thats an arguement for a different thread (of which there are plenty)

Guest Briscoe Inferno

I can hold it off for ages if I think about jay Bothroyd.....

Edited by Briscoe Inferno